The Harrowing Adventures of Babe and Dude

Prologue

We're traveling across the country, in a beat-up old Cadillac convertible, One-thousand five-hundred sixty-two dollars and eighty-two cents, and the clothes on our backs. 
We were in search of... Well, we don't know yet. 
Maybe we were looking for some life experience, were not sure, but whatever it is, I guess we'll figure it out on the way. For right now we're just going with the flow of things.
We've got a whole summer to waste.

It all started with an idea, then those words: 'You and me babe, how 'bout it?' you know, from that Killers song? That's all he took, he had me, and I was spellbound. I just couldn't say no to him after that. 

We left that night, not giving ourselves enough time to rationally think things through.

We left behind our lives, our homes, families and friends, and vague notes stating we'd be back some day, not to worry, and we'll give them a call. Nothing specific, because we didn't know, nothing was planned.
His car was idling at the curb. I grabbed my backpack, savings, and hopped into the back of his Cadi named Isobelle, next to his guitar named janeen. He acted as if I took forever, though it was only about five minutes since he'd called and informed me of his 'ingenious' plan. 

He started the car and we were off, leaving in style. Him in his leather jacket and aviators, me in my hat and favorite riding boots. We left a trail of smoke and blasted an old mixed tape.

It didn't actually hit me, not till we hit the highway. We were actually doing this. We were going to find our adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to get it going. I've already started the first chapter.