We Come out at Night

Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan

"Oh God, sorry I have to leave!" Heidi said, hugging me when we reached the front of my house. I wrapped my arms around her tiny form. "Stay strong girl," she encouraged, pulling away and walking down the street.

I sighed, my hand resting on the brass knob. I hated Heidi leaving me to face home by myself, and thoughts like that makes me selfish. I don't like being selfish, so I suck it up, and twist the knob, walking into my 'home'.
 

He's a selfish shellfish that sells fish.

 
"I'm home!" I called out to the busy house. That's when my father popped up right infront of me.

 
"Where have you been!?" he exploded in my face. Since I'm used to it, I just lazily blink, not flinching.

 
"I was out with Heidi, is all," I said, shrugging, before putting my bag on the table next to the door. Pushing past my father, I walked into the kitchen. "How many am I cooking for tonight?" I asked.

 
My dad will always have visiters over, so I have to make alot of food. I like I said before, I'm pretty much my dad's personal maid. Oh, and my stepsisters maid too.

 
Speaking of which, this is my family.

 
My dad, the busniess man. He owns a giant company, that makes many things. I have no clue what, because I never listen to his fuckin' boring stories. He's one of those men that treat women like crap, except his favourite ones. That is not me. I swear, if you cut this man open, he bleeds money.

 
Then there's my step sisters, the twins. Ashely and Niina. They are totally bitches, as all stepsisters are. Blonde haired, they get their looks from their mom. Ashely is more fake, with plastic lips, lip-o-suction, and fake boobs. Her hair is pretty much the only natural thing. Niina is more pretty, I hate to admit, but she really is. Curves, pouty lips, flat tummy, beach flip hair. All girls envy her, even Ashely.

 
My stepmother is rarely around, always on 'business trips'. I'm sure she isn't actually fucking every guy she meets. Totally sure.

 
Then, there's the maid, she - oh, wait. That's me.

 
Cinderella much?

 
"Hi Tess!" I groaned inwardly and turned to the sorce of the voice.

 
"What do you want Ashely?" I asked, annoyence pouring out of every pore of my skin. I grabbed a large pot and packets of spag noodles, before filling the pot up with water.

 
Her fake lips turned up in her fake smile. "Just making sure you're making lots of noddles for everyone."

 
I rolled my eyes. "It's spaghetti, genius," I said, before adding the in the spaghetti sticks into the already boiling water. Bubbles formed to the top, steam rising up, lashing at my face.

 
My stepsister smiled another fake smile. "Yeah, whatever," she said, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder, before walking out of the kitchen.

 
Sighing, I got back to work. With the silence, I got to think for a bit.

 
Was that guy, Jimmy, telling the truth, or was it just a hoax? I mean, who know's if I could get punk'd? And besides, there are no such things as vampires and werewolves... except in Twilight.

 
But, I did see them phase. I heard their bones pop and crack into place, saw the pain in their eyes, the fur bursting out and coming back in from their skin. But it could be some special effects from a projecter, or I may have hit my head very hard when I tripped over.

 
And why - if those boys are real, that is - does that black wolf seem to hate me so much. Is it because I smell of period blood? He dosn't like girls? Or he just really has a problem with people?

 
He seemed to have so much power of the other 4 boys, like he was alpha dog, like he topped them on the food-chain. And I will admit, he scared the fuckin bejeezers outta' me.

 
My eyebrows furrowed, and a frown touched my lips as I strained the spahetti noodles. The hot water streamed down the drain, making a hissing noise on it's way down.

 
"Oh, you finished making the roast?" Niina's shrill voice echoed around the kitchen. I spun on my heel to look at Ashely's twin, raising an eyebrow.

 
"No, I made pasta, like Ashely told me," I said, confused. But then, my innocence disappeared when I saw her cat like eyes narrow and lips turned up into an evil smirk. Damnit! I've been set up!"

 
"Oh, well, Daddy wants you to make roast now. Keep the pasta to, will you?" she snorted, and twirled around - her short skirt flying - and stalked out of the room.

 
I mashed my teeth together as I pretty much yanked the fridge door open off it's hinges. Sitting on a large plate was a massive turkey. I put it in the oven, soaked in whatever sauce I could find, and set the timer on. Feeling it was too silent - with Dad in his study, and the twins probably in their room having mani's and pedi's - I switched the radio on.

 
Smiling, I hummed to 'I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)' by Fall Out Boy. "If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you," I sang quietly, swaying around the kitchen, getting things ready for making a salad.

 
While I was cutting the tomatoes, Ashely was back in the kitchen again just in time when the oven dinged. I got the roast out, and she cocked her head to the side. "What?" I asked, some what annoyed.

 
"Why are you making roast when Daddy told you to make chicken?" she asked, her thin arms crossed over her oh-so perfect chest.

 
My eyes widened, and my fury bolted from 5 to 10. "He what?" I asked, letting my anger drip from my words.

 
Ashely just smiled another fake smile at me. "You only have two hours to cook, clean yourself up, and set the table. See you then sis," she twirled around, a ghost of a smirk on her face.

"Bite my ass!" I called out to her retreating form.

 
"Tessira!" My father's voice boomed around the quiet house.

 
I cringed back, taking a chicken out of the fridge. "Sorry!" I yelled out towards him, knowing that it dosen't matter. I put the chicken in where the roast just was, and put the timer on. I wish I was born in another family.

 
All the time.

 
****************************************************************************************************
 
"Tessira! Come down for dinner please!" My father's voice called up to me from my room. I looked at the mirror, not liking what I saw. Dad had forced me to wear a dress tonight, since we were having dinner with Dad's bosses. So I had to look my best, and not like some 'washed up cat', according to my lovely sisters.

 
I frowned and pulled up my dark red dress. It swirled to my knees, and was a lovely colour, it just showed to much clevage, thanks to the sisters stretching it. Sighing, I pulled it up high, trying to cover the scratch marks that Dad had given to me.

 
If they showed, I would be a dead man by tomorrow.

 
See, if I don't do something right, I get punished for it. My father abuses me, while the twins watch and laugh. It isn't very nice, you know. But, I take it, because I know I can't do anything about it.

 
I sighed again, and walked out of my room and down the grand stair case. Dad always calls it that, and always calls me to it everytime I'm in trouble. Tessira, get over to the grand stairs! Tessira, to the grand stairs immeditly! To the grand stair case Tessira, you're in big trouble!

 
God, give me a break.

 
My shin-length black tights brushed against each other, my Converse pladded feet thudded dully on the carpeted stairs.

 
"I'm here father," I said, walking into the dinning room. All the food was set up on the long table, and 6 figures were sitting at it. Three of them I knew as my father and sister, while the others must be his bosses... and their son?

 
When I entered the room, I was faced with different reactions. Dad's face was twisted up in a snarl, the twins mouths were hanging open in disgust, the female and male that were probably my Dad's bosses eyes were wide, and the son's face showed pure shock... his mouth turned up in a smile after a while.

 
My lips turned down slightly, and I took my seat next to Dad. He leaned over to me. "What are you wearing?" he asked, using only one side of his mouth to speak.

 
I looked down at my hands in my lap. "This is the dress you chose for me father."

 
He grumbled something under his breath, and straightened up, smiling at the other people who were sitting before us. "I'm sorry for tha wait, my daughter likes to make sure she looks perfect." Lie. But I'll let that slip. "Speaking of which, this is my other daughter, Tessira."

 
I stuck my hands out for the two grown ups to shake, which they took. "It's Tess," I said, the side of my lips turning up in an unsure smile.

 
"I'm Mark, my wife Jane, and our son, Henry," the man said. I smiled at him and sat back in my seat. Looking down the line, I saw that the twins were flirting despretly with Henry, who looked about as bored to death as I felt.

 
"I'm sorry, but Tessira," It took everything in my control to not correct him, "Made a bit to much food. She got confused on what to cook. I hope it isn't to much." Dad finished, flashing his pearling white teeth in a devil's slick smile.

 
I ground my teeth together and bunch my fists in my lap. 'Only because you made me confused, asswipe,' I thought to him. Silence swept over the room as everyone dug in to the food.

 
It was completly quiet... until Henry asked about the birthmark on my arm. I know you probably thinking 'What birthmark?'. I'm talking about the brown pawprint on my forearm. "What you got there on you arm, Tessira?" he asked, pointing a fork in my direction. I got a glare from the twins, angry that I was now getting the attention of the man candy.

 
"It's Tess," I corrected, my hand tightened around my fork.

 
He waved a hand. "Whatever. How did you get it?"

 
I looked down on my arm. I hated that birthmark with a passion, and so did Dad. "Oh, I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Robinson! Does it bother you? I can get her to wear a coat. Go on Tess, go get something to cover up."

 
My teeth gnashed together and I pushed away from the table. "Oh no! You don't have to do that for us!" Jane said, shaking her head. I slowly sat down again.

 
"Nonsence! If it makes you uncomftable, she can go get a jacket. Go Tessira," Dad said, pushing me up. His grip was tight around my wrist, and probably cut up the circulation, meaning it was going to bruise.

 
Then all more scars and bruises gave that same pang of pain, as if feeling sympothy for the new bruise. I let out a little gasp, before slamming my hands on the table.

 
The sound thundered around the room, and everyone jumped. My chair pushed back, and screeched across the wooden floor. "I'm sick of this fuckin' shit!" I said, anger pouring out in my words. I turned my glare onto my father. "You always treat me like I'm fuckin' horse shit! Making me you and your stupid daughters a fuckin' maid! And I'm sick of it! You can kiss this motherfucker goodbye!" I finished, and stormed off up to my room.

 
I pulled out my duffle bag, and threw whatever was insight into it. Ipod, phone, money, clothes, underwear, deoderent... tampons. Urgh, good time to get your ladybug.

 
I shouldered the bag, and thumped down the steps. "Where do you think your going?" My father boomed from the dinning table. Of course, his daughter is running away, and he can't leave the fricken' table.

 
"Out, and I'm not coming back!" I know it sounded childish, but he knew I meant it. I heard another chair scratch across the floor boards.

 
"Oh no you're not! You have no where to go," he said, coming up behind me.

 
I gave and dirty smirk. "Yes I do. No let me go," I said, my words dripping with venom. I opened the front door, and walked out.

 
"Don't think you can hide away at Heidi's! I will find you!" He shouted out to me as I walked away from the broken house. "But when you can't survive, don't bother coming back!"

 
I turned around, and called back, "Wouldn't even if I had to! I fuckin' hate you and those stupid sluts! Go to hell!" And then I ran off into the night. I knew I could only do one thing right now. No, not crash at Heidi's, that's a bad idea.

 
I needed to find Jimmy. Fast

To be hurt, to be lost

To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeeeeeeahh... Abusive parents these days *shakes head*
Sorry for any mistakes in here - I'm tired as shit, so my mind isn't working that well. Sigh.
And after this is up, another story will be up. Go check that out if ya' want. It was an idea I just had to write down.

Thank you the Your.Desi.Girl. and the-quiet-one for the awesome feedback!

Thanks for reading! Comment, suscribe, and rate. It makes this author super happy to know that your reading her stuff ^-^
(As always, song can be found here - Welcome To My Life)