‹ Prequel: In Your Mind
Status: New. Read the prequels.

Like We Used To

Chapter 15

I swallowed forcefully and glanced around, trying to ignore everybody's knowing look. Pat was standing to my left, snickering to himself as John continued to ramble on.

"...I know I haven't been here for you since last tour," He paused, scratching his neck, "But I do know that I'll be here for you when I get home, it'll be awhile, six months, but when I come home the first thing all of us will do is come here and just chill."

"Good plan," I choked out, nervously.

He smiled sympathetically, "Don't worry, I'm gonna come back."

"I know," I nodded, glancing at Kennedy's smirking face. He gave me the idea to tell John something corny, about him leaving.

"Even if you're not here in person, I know you'll always be in here," I said, motioning towards my heart.

He broke out into a wide shit eating grin. "God, bless him the kids gone soft."

I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm. "You all should like, go use a real actual bathroom before you leave."

He looked at me oddly before shrugging. "Aren't you leaving or something? I thought Spencer said something about you going over his house before we left."

"Oh yeah! Um, his girlfriend is having a get together and she said I should come," I lied right through my teeth.

He nodded and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, shaking his head. "It's sure gonna be a long trip without you."

I swallowed and smiled nervously. "Mhmm."

"I'm gonna miss not seeing you everyday." He sighed, stepping back. "But I guess I'll just have to deal with it."

"You'll survive." I managed to choke out.

I bite the inside of my jaw as he vanished around the corner, going who knows where. I glanced at Jared as he quickly started shoving me towards the bus. Not waisting a second to put our plan into action. God, I hoped this wouldn't backfire on us.

"Hurry!" He hissed, latching onto my wrist.

I frantically began patting my pockets. I paled as I realized my keys were missing. "Wait, where are my car keys?"

"Kennedy's putting it in the garage so John will think you're gone." He explained, shoving the bus door open.

I nodded, "Where do I hide?" I inquired, glancing around.

"Um- Oh!" He exclaimed. "The very back room, we just pile our stuff in there since Tim said it's not fair for just one of us to get the big bed."

I nodded and scrambled to the back, diving under the bed side table that was nearly covered up to where you couldn't see a thing.

____

Hours seemed to pass by before the bus finally roared to life. A wave of relief instantly flooded through my at the thoughts of finally leaving. A small grin curled around my lips as the guys started cheering.

I slowly laid my head back, yawning. I rubbed my eyes and looked up cautiously. It looked safe enough to sit up and and not hide since-

"Kennedy dude, where's my charger?"

My eyes widened in fear as I quickly ducked back down, pulling my knees up to my chest. I held my breath as I clenched my eyes shut, hoping John wouldn't find me so soon.

"Um they're- Oh! In my uh, bag!" Kennedy exclaimed, guiding John the opposite way. "I forget to tell you I found it.. on the counter and stuff it in my pocket so you wouldn't forget."

"Oh, okay."

I breathed out and pinched the bridge of my nose, gnawing on my lip. Shit, that was a close one, the guys need to pay close attention to where John's-

"Hey!"

I gasped and tossed my hands up, my breathing becoming ragged. Jared chuckled and ruffled my hair affectionately, before squatting down.

"How's it going?" He quirked an eyebrow.

I shrugged before frowning. "Fine, accept." I paused, "I'm hungry, I need to pee so bad. I'm about to die of dehydration and it smells funky back here."

He crossed his arms at me before shaking his head. "Give it an hour or two and then maybe you can come out of hiding."

"Why not now?" I whined.

He looked at me, raising his eyebrows as I continued to whine. "Jinx, you knew what you were getting yourself into. But, to answer your question. Tim wouldn't allow us to turn around after two hours on the road. Right now, if John made a big bitch fit, yeah, we would do a big dramatic u-turn in the middle of the media."

"But- but-"

"Jinx." He shushed me. "I'll get you something to drink, as to the peeing... Well, can you possible hold it for another hour? Or two..?"

"I guess." I huffed. "But, get two waters."

"Why?"

"...You don't wanna know." I laughed.

"Ew- Jinx!"

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

"Mhmm." He mumbled, laughing at me. "Whatever, I'll be back. Don't go anywhere."

As if I could if I wanted too.. I sighed as I watched him walk away. I peered out the closest window, allowing a small smile to stretch across my face.

This tour is going to change my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okaaay. Not many chapters left till the ending.
Do you guys want an epilogue?

Check Out These Stories.

Alex Gaskarth Slash ---> Confident Coward.

Kennedy Brock Slash ---> Falling In Reverse.

Pat Kirch Slash ---> The Little Drummer Boy.

Kyle Burns Slash ---> Hurtful Intentions.

Kennedy Brock Slash ---> Ignited Flame.

Kyle Burns Slash ---> A Lethal Injection.

John O'Callaghan and Garrett Nickelsen Slash ---> Audible Perfection.

Oliver Sykes and Kyle Burns Slash ---> I Want To Stop Giving You My Love