‹ Prequel: In Your Mind
Status: New. Read the prequels.

Like We Used To

Chapter 16

We finally seemed to reach the first venue. I'm amazed that I'm still undetected. I actually believe Pat will forget and end up mentioning me in a conversation.. But that's just what I believe.

I raised my arms up, a deep yawn imitating from my mouth. I groaned and stretched my legs, running a hand through my ragged hair. It was absolutely gruesome, hiding away for hours and not being able to use an actual bathroom!

I shuddered at the mere thought, raising my arms up to pull open the cabinets. I huffed as I realized... the cabinets were empty.

Fuck.

"And yeah, I was totally digging the price, the guitar was limited edition and-" Kennedy abruptly paused, his eyes widening as he spotted me. "Holy shit, Jinx! What the fuck are you doing?!"

I swallowed and cocked an eyebrow, a puzzle expression on my face. "What do you mean? I'm getting some food, I'm star-"

"John is right outside!" He hissed, shoving me towards the back. "What in the hell gave you the idea that you can come outside whenever you want!?"

"The fourth amendment.." I trailed off, wryly. "But I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you don't think I should be out and about?"

"Not at all!" He exclaimed. "Jesus fucking Christ, you need to get back in your hole and wait off for a little while longer!"

"I'm tired of waiting!" I cried out, stomping my foot immaturely. "I want to see Kyle! He needs to know how I feel! I c-can't- I-I can't loose him again!"

His expression softened instantaneously as he reached a valiant hand out. He clasped my shoulder, gripping it firmly. A small flicker of hope filled me as he gazed down, offering a slender smile.

"I understand completely." He murmured, "I do, honestly. I know how it must feel for you and I get that you need to see Kyle.. but I also believe that it would be of your best interest to wait another day, just to know for sure that Tim couldn't manage to send you back.."

And there went my hope, galloping away as Kennedy's voice continued to drown on. I slumped my shoulders and began to drag my feet to the very back end of the bus.

"Hey where's-"

I froze in my step and leisurely turned around, locking eyes with the main reason why I was stuck on this damn bus: John Cornelius O'Callaghan. I gulped as his eyes hardened, hands clenching into fist as he stormed up to me.

"Why the hell are you here?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up. "I made sure Tim wouldn't get you to come! God dammit, Jinx. Do you ever listen?"

I shrugged innocently. "Rarely, but sometimes.."

He huffed in anger, narrowing his beady eyes at me. I struggled to keep contact, my gaze suddenly wavering. Honestly, I can't blame him for being upset. I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Of course I was hoping later...

I glanced back up to meet his cold glare. His eyebrows were furrowed in anger and his mouth was pressed in a firm line. I'm almost one hundred percent sure that if it was possible, smoke would be coming out of his nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.
lol. I got the next chapter pre-written.

Almost over. Forreal.
D;

PLEASE COMMENT!