‹ Prequel: In Your Mind
Status: New. Read the prequels.

Like We Used To

Chapter 5

----Jinx's P.O.V----

Marcie giggled as I crawled over her and plopped down in front of the TV. I changed the channel and patted the ground.

"But it's cold." She whined.

"Don't be a whiny pants." I teased, nudging her. "Get a blanket."

She laughed and grabbed my duvet before sliding off the bed, next to me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and ran my hand through her mess of curls.

Yeah, it's been awhile since that day in my classroom. One week and four days to be exact, but who's counting? Anyways, that gives me precisely three days to get mentally prepared to see Kyle Burns.

I've been trying to not think about it that much. It's driving me crazy. How's he going to act? Is he even going to acknowledge me? Should I speak to him or ignore him?

"Were suppose to go to my mom's to eat lunch." I spoke up.

She brushed my hair out of my eyes and pecked my lips gently before curling into my side. She turned her head to the side and looked up at me.

"I like your mom," She noted. "She's lovely."

"Well she adores you." I teased

"Speaking of adoring people." She changed the subject abruptly. "Kadie loathes me."

"She does not." I lied. "She just.. hasn't warmed up to you yet."

Marcie sighed and stood up, grabbing her clean clothes and walking towards my bathroom. "I'm going to get dressed."

I nodded and yanked a fresh shirt on, and quickly changing pants. I tugged on my vans and grabbed my car keys, jogging downstairs.

----

I swung the door open and barged in. "I'm here!"

"Good!" Spencer yelled. "Go away!"

Marcie giggled and latched out hands together as I began tugging her into the next room. Spencer was sprawled out across the couch, Kadie perched on his chest.

She lurched forward and sprinted towards me, grinning. "Jinx!" She exclaimed, throwing herself in my arms.

I chuckled and and swooped her up, tickling her. "Hey munchkin."

"Guess what!" Her finger tips were against her cheeks, eyes wide.

"What?" I faked my excitement for the heck of it.

"Momma is baking a cake!"

"No way!"

She nodded her head eagerly. "She is!"

"That's wonderful." I nodded, laughing.

"But that's not even the best yet!" She tugged eagerly at my shirt and bent her finger, motioning for me to lean down.

"What's the best, sweetie?"

She bite her lip and looked down at her feet, shuffling them. "I learned new words!"

I quirked my eyebrow down at her and flickered my eyes around, meeting every body's curious gaze. I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets. "And what's those words?"

"Spencer said your dick was made for-" I quickly slapped my hand across her mouth and laughed nervously.

"Spencer!" My mom scolded, slapping him with the dish towel.

He smirked at me and sent Kadie a thumbs up. "Good job, Kiddo."

She giggled childishly and skipped off towards the patio. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, starring up at the ceiling.

Spencer chuckled and leaned back, stretching. He yawned and turned over. "Toss me that remote, will ya?"

I frowned and grabbed it, throwing it at him.

"Shit!" He gasped, clutching his now pink arm.

"Good job, kiddo." I mimicked.

He rolled his eyes. "Live a little, will ya?"

I sighed and plopped down next to him, glancing a round for Marcie. I nodded as I realized she was talking with my mom.

"It's hard."

He patted my back and smiled sadly at me. "That's what he said."

I burst out laughing as he cracked a grin. I wiped my eyes and shook my head. "Ohh, I needed that."

"Of course you did."

A silence settled over us as Spencer glanced around before leaning in closer to me. He bite his lip and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"I'm really not suppose to tell you this," He whispered quickly, before pausing. "Kyle's bringing his girlfriend, Mindy."

I felt my mouth go dry as tears sprung to my eyes.

Does he not have one ounce of respect?

I wanted to slap myself as a few tears rolled down my eyes. I'm being silly, what did I expect? I don't expect him to give me a second look.

I mean, after all, he did drop my off at the airport with nothing but a goodbye kiss. I swallowed and began to weigh my options.

Maybe he still wants me back...

I shouldn't get my hopes up..

What am I thinking?

I shouldn't want him back.

After what he's done to me!

I'm pathetic.

I licked my lips and began to drum my fingers across my thigh, deep into the pits of my outrageous, haunted thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
ALRIGHT.
You guys need to comment..

I have a surprise for youuu! c:

--Com/Sub!