‹ Prequel: In Your Mind
Status: New. Read the prequels.

Like We Used To

Chapter 6

----Jinx's P.O.V----

"Why do people make resolutions?" I questioned, walking across the front of the almost silent classroom. My footsteps seemed to echo across the cold ashen tile.

Marcie eagerly raised her hand, a bright smile plastered across her dolled up face. I looked her over, admiring her curls, per usual.

"Yes, Marcie?"

"To set a goal for themselves!" Her eager tone rung out, around the hollow classroom. It seemed to liven a few people up.

"Why?" I inquired.

"To become a better person." She replied smoothly, not missing a beat.

"Bullshit." Piper laughed. "Nobody hardly comes through with resolutions."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Our mom," Piper said, motioning to herself and Marcie. "Always told us she would stop doing drugs and shit. Didn't happen."

I pursed my lips and blew out a breath of air before brushing my hair out of my face. "I understand that not everyone stays true to there resolutions, but why do we make them?"

"Because they want to improve something that means alot to them." Vegan spoke up, twirling his pencil around mindlessly.

"Bingo." I nodded, pointing towards him. "Vegan hit the nail on the head."

"That's what I love to do," He joked, "Hitting nails, on heads."

I rolled my eyes and began writing on the board. I scribbled across it swiftly, not missing a beat.

I began to hear groans as I sat the marker down. I turned around and laughed. "It's Friday, make sure to turn it in by Tuesday."

"But-" I cut Vinny off.

"Vinny." I sighed, rubbing my temples. "Just listen, okay? I've had a busy day."

Lie.

I'm fixing to have a hard day.. Tomorrow. I just dread the mere thought of have to face Kyle.

"We have a show tomorrow!" Vinny whined.

"Yeah!" Piper interjected. "We were going to invite you.. If you want to come."

I looked at them before shrugging. "Why should I come?"

"Marcie's coming." Chris spoke up. "She's kind like our manager right now, we were hoping you could get Tim Kirch to come....."

I swallowed and cleared my throat. "I'm not sure, that's a big question. Plus, the guys are just getting home tomorrow morning, that's when they're the most grumpiest."

"I think I can live if John O'callaghan snaps at me." Piper added quickly. "It's fine, we don't care how they act."

"Desperate much?" I mused, biting my lip.

Should I do this? What would Tim's reaction be? Would he be upset with me? What about John...

I sighed and slumped my shoulders. "I'll see what I can do."

Piper's uneasy features dramatically changed into a wide grin as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Thank you so much!" She exclaimed, tightening her grip around me. "You couldn't even comprehend how much this means to us!"

"I-I think I get it." I choked out, gasping.

She quickly stepped back and smiled at me apologetically. "Sorry.."

"It's fine." I waved it off.

She smiled at me one more time before engulfing Kevin and Vinny in a bone crushing hug.

----

"Where are we going?" Kadie's endless questions seemed to ring on endlessly.

"Where do you want to go?"

She tapped her chin thoughtfully before her eyes lit up in excitement. "Cousin Johnny's house! He's home now, right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "No, he doesn't get home until tomorrow morning."

She jutted her lip out and shook her head. "No, Spencer said he was coming in early.."

I shrugged. "Well, we can swing by there to see if he's home."

"Yes!" She cheered, pumping her fist into the air.

I laughed softly and turned my attention back to the road. I began tapping my fingers across the steering wheel, my nerves getting the best of me.

I swallowed as I turned down the street and straight towards his current apartment. He's had so many different ones.

"Were here!" Kadie squealed, unbuckling her seat belt eagerly.

"Hold on." I ordered, climbing out and grabbing my keys.

I walked in front of the car and pulled her door open and stepped back as she shot off towards the front door.

I grinned in amusement as she rapidly pounded on the door.

"Wait a damn minute!" John yelled harshly. "Hold your fucking horses."

He swung the door open and his eyes went wide at the sight of me and Kadie. Kadie giggled and stepped forward.

"But I don't have any horsies."

"Kadie!" He laughed, pressing a sloppy kiss against her cheek.

She shrieked and ran around him, her arms flaring as she ran inside. I laughed and brushed my hair to the side.

"Hey, Mr. O'callaghan." He teased, nudging me.

I smiled sheepishly and rubbed my neck. "About that-"

"Jinx!" Kadie's scream caused shivers to pop up on my arms. "Guess who I found!"

I turned my head, laughing at the mere sound of the excitement in her voice. As my eyes made contact with the lanky form that was behind her, I gasped.

My teeth started chattering together as she tugged on his hand eagerly, pulling him closer to me.

I stumbled backwards as I frantically looked at John's guilty face. I swallowed and gazed at Kyle's uneasy smile.

Things just got a whole lot more complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
Holy wolverine shit.
DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?

DID MY HANDS JUST TYPE THAT?!

I think they did.
I'm just wowed.....

Things are starting to changeeee.
c:

--Com/Sub!