Status: Slow Active

Have Faith in Me

Three.

Pat and the other guy were talking I think. I kept hearing her voice and someone else's. And she was calm, unlike she would be with our captors. So the other guy must have woken up.

My eyes were closed as I started to fall asleep with my head in Pat's lap. I jumped and sat up instantly when a heard a sharp, loud bang, Pat's arms went around me instantly to calm me down. "Shh, it's just Sam," she said softly.

I jumped again as the sound continued to repeat, curling into her side. I gave her a confused look. "Is that his name?" I asked softly, nodding in his direction.

"Mr. Hottie over there? Yeah. He's cute and he's nice. Can't get any better." She was being extremely quiet, probably so he couldn't hear her. I heard Sam groan to himself.

"This is useless. There's no way to break these bars. Have you seen a way to get out of here? Oh, hey. I'm Sam. This is really awkward.. Uhm.." The newly named Sam said, rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled quietly at him, if a little tensely and nervously.

"This is Alex, my sister. Be nice, she's shy. Uhm, I don't think we saw how they open the cages.. Did you Lex?" Pat asked, rubbing a gentle hand on my back. I shook my head quickly. I didn't remember anything from them putting us in here.

Sam cursed quietly under his breath. "Damn. Well, my brother's gonna come find us. This isn't gonna make you feel any better but, we were trying to rescue Jenkins.. And apparently you guys." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Pat rolled her eyes. "Well you're doing a great job there," she replied, her voice heavily laced with sarcasm. He rolled his eyes back at her, staying silent.

I scrambled backwards quickly when the door opened, it was the people again. Was that food..? I tugged on Pat's arm, trying to pull her back. She shook her head at me, half-standing right up next to the bars. She only moved back when they hit the bars with a gun, backing away quickly. I squeaked almost silently, shaking in quiet terror.

Sam moved away quickly after seeing what they did to us. The people tossed in two plates before bolting the door shut again. Pat moved forward quickly and grabbed both plates, handing one to me. They did the same for our companion. Then they left without a word. Which is really, really creepy.

We wolfed down the food, me and Pat hadn't eaten since the morning before we were taken. Sam took it slower, but he had probably eaten at the bar. I curled into my sister's side quietly as I pushed the plate away. She did the same, pulling me into her lap and playing with my hair quietly, knowing I was terrified and needed someone to hold on to.

Which is exactly what I did. I had her shirt clenched tightly in my hands with my head on her shoudler. I closed my eyes slowly, completely exhausted. I didn't think I'd slept in at least two days. She ran her hands through my hair slowly,gently.

I was almost asleep, barely floating in that slight consciousness where I was aware of what was going on, but about to fall into the dark abyss of hopefully dreamless sleep. Then of course, as what seemed to be the norm now, someone came in, and with a sudden loud exclamation, they jerked me from my almost sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the filler-ish-ness of this chapter, but Amanda should have a better one for you guys. We just needed to get there. :)
Enjoy loves. <3 Coment/subscribe?
-Sydney