‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Bad Scenario

The next morning, I got ready as usual, but I was also preparing to talk to Frank. I was preparing for either an argument or a gripping hug. I was afraid that Frank would reject me, I was hoping for the best.

My stomach flipped flopped the entire way. I played a scenario in my head, good and bad. 
I pulled up to see Mikey outside, along with Gee talking. I bit at my lip (stupid habit), and got out my car. Mikey waved at me, Gee nodded with a cigarette in between his lips.

"Good morning, Sunny," Mikey embraced me into a hug.

"Mikey, Gee," I hugged Gee next, "is Frank around?"

"He's inside," Mikey pointed towards the entrance.

"Let me get a shot of you guys," I told them.

They raised their brows as I pulled out my camera. Gee groaned, mainly because he looked tired and groggy, but put on a smile. Mikey just grimaced and waited.

"You have to smile," I told him.

"I'm allergic," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Just that little smirk, please?" 

He sighed, "Anything for you."

Mikey leaned beside Gee and gave me a smirk. I took a quick shot of them, then another when they both leaned against the wall.

"Thank you," I kissed them both on the cheek and headed inside.

My feet seemed to float when I walked in. My heart began to race as I headed to the studio. The pills took the nervousness to a whole other level. 

I walked down the hall, spotting two bodies, male and female, leaned on one another; the male against the wall and the female up against him. My entire stomach sunk when my vision got clearer; it was Frank and some girl.

I stopped walking, swallowing hard, and looking away. I didn't know what to think, honestly. I was so numb to feeling that I didn't know how to feel; especially in a situation like this.
I looked back up, seeing them part from a short kiss, and looked back down. I held my breath and kept my head low, to seem as if I didn't see a thing. I walked past them, into the studio, and didn't bother with a hello. 

The bad scenario won.

I stepped into the small studio, seeing Ray in a computer chair, strumming his acoustic guitar. I waved to him, taking a quick shot.

"Hey Ray," I tried my best to seem okay.

"How are you Sunny?"

I shrugged, "Same ol'," he hummed softly, "what song are you guys doing today?"

"Uh, I think we're doing Summertime," I smiled to myself.

Summertime, from what I've heard so far, is an amazing song.

"I love that one."

He smiled at me, "We know," he chuckled after, "you always close your eyes and listen whenever Gerard sings it."

I was about to say something when Frank walked in. He was smiling, looking at his phone. I closed my mouth and looked away; what the hell is with me now?

"You work until one, right?" Ray asked.

"Oh. Yeah, I do," I said looking at the digital clock on the wall, "I should upload--" I was cut off by my phone ringing, "sorry, hold on," I mumbled putting my camera down. I pulled my phone from my pocket, it was Tyler; I sighed answering it, "'Sup?"

Tyler's little chuckle filled my ear, "Why do you answer the phone like that?"

I shrugged to myself, "Chicago thing."

He laughed again, "What are you doing? Working?"

I hummed, playing with the button on my shirt, "Yes, I am." I felt a weight sit beside me on the couch, it was Frank, who was still looking at his phone, but the smile was gone.

"What time do you get off?"

"One."

"Wanna grab lunch?"

I hummed for a minute, "Yeah, okay."

"Brendon is coming, is that cool?"

I thought for a moment, "Just Brendon and someone else?"

He sighed, "Emme--"

I cut him off, "No thanks."

"Why?"

"I don't like her and she doesn't like me."

"I promise I won't let--"

"Goodbye Tyler, I'll talk to you later." I shut my phone off and put it in my pocket.

"Ouch," Ray said with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't like his ex," I said coursing my hair, "I cannot wait to go back to Chicago."
-

It was nearly one when everyone left to go get lunch. I walked out with them, mainly to smoke, I needed one. I waved bye to them and sat beside the building, thinking things over. I hadn't really thought everything through, I was feeling exhausted and worn.

A shadow cast over me, "Can I join you?" 

I looked up, seeing Frank, "Sure," I shrugged.

Frank sat down beside me, pulling up his knees. I smiled to myself at how short he was. He looked at me, raising his brow.

"You're so short," I told him.

"I'm taller than you," he defended.

"By 4 inches."

He chuckled and scooted closer. He lot a cigarette, just as I tossed mine. I leaned my head against the wall, closing my eyes.

"Are you still mad at me?" he asked a second later.

"I was never mad at you," I opened my eyes.

"Then what was all that shit you were saying yesterday?"

"Frank, I'm not mad, I'm just confused. It's hard thinking straight when your mind is as warped as mine."

"Just talk to me," he offered, swinging an arm around my shoulder.

"I don't want to become broken again," I looked up at him, "I'm so sick of feeling so down all the time."

"What makes you happy?"

I shrugged, "Home."

He pressed his lips to my forehead, "Chicago?"

I nodded, "Yes."

He didn't respond, and I wasn't waiting for one. A part of me wanted to kiss him and tell him that I wanted to be with him, another part told me not to, to just let him go. Should I listen to Butcher? I mean, he is the wisest person I know.

I decided to tell him, to get it off my mind and chest, "Frank, I--"

I was cut off by an annoyed voice, "Frankie!" a girl, who looked to be in her late twenties, walked over, "I thought you were having lunch with me!"

I looked down at my yellow painted toes, ignoring this awkward look Frank had, "I was smoking, sorry Kayla."

She huffed, stomping her foot, "My break is almost over, are you done?"

Frank rose his arm from me, "Yeah, just give me a second."

She huffed again, walking away. I watched her shadow disappear from my peripheral vision. Frank stood, leaving me without his warmth.

"I gotta go," he mumbled, "was there something you were gonna say?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Sure?"

"Yep."

He shifted for a moment, "I'll see you tomorrow, Sunny."

I nodded again, "Okay."

Maybe I wasn't suppose to be with Frank after all.
-

I went to lunch with Tyler and Brendon, just because I needed to keep my mind off Frank. The only bad thing was that Emme was there.

"Sunny," Brendon grinned, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey."

Since Tyler, and Emme, are vegetarians, we met up at this vegetarian restaurant they like so much. I wasn't against it, but I was use to it, well because of Frank.

"Hi," Emme mumbled as I sat across from her.

"Hey," I responded, playing with my hands. She had said my scar and thought of my plate grosses her out, so I hid it whenever I could.

"How was work?" Tyler asked.

"Usual," I answered.

Brendon sat beside me, putting his hand over the seat we shared. Emme gave us a look, a raised of an eyebrow. I didn't think much of it until she whispered in Tyler's ear.

"What are you doing again?" Brendon asked, taking my attention.

"I'm shooting photos for My Chemical Romance's website."

"Fun to be around old friends, right?"

I shrugged, "It's pretty normal, I haven't seen them in forever, so it's cool catching up."

Brendon and I continued talking, y'know the usual friendly conversation. Tyler and Emme barely jumped in at all, and seemed to be watching us. Both Brendon and myself were confused by this, but kept quiet about it.

At the end of lunch, I hugged Brendon goodbye, I didn't say anything to Emme, and was ready to say bye to Tyler, but he gripped my arm instead.

I looked at him confused, "What--"

He cut me off, "Come on," he hissed pulling me away from The entrance and outside. He rushed me to the side of the building, pushing me against the wall.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked yanking my arm away.

"Are you fucking Brendon?"

I raised my brow at him, "Are you even serious right now?"

"Completely."

"I am not sleeping with Brendon! We barely seen each other over the past 3 weeks!"

He shook his head at me, "What about right now? You two were awful chummy!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "I think you are going insane."

"I just want the truth!"

"I'm not sleeping with him, you mental case!"

He stepped away from me, shaking his head. I knew he wasn't believing a word I was saying. I think he was exaggerating over what I done with Frank. I sighed heavily, rubbing my neck.

"So you believe her gossip over the truth?"

He tweaked his lips, "What do I believe? Huh? You're still messing around with Frank."

I held my tongue, hugging my middle, but then dropping my arms. 

"I'm going to go. I won't talk to Brendon anymore, until I'm 2,000 miles away from here."
Tyler waved me off and walked away. I just watched him go, shaking my head, too.

I needed to go. I needed to get out of this town.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've made a mess of things, didn't I?