‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Lost

Frank's POV

It was never my intention to hook up with anyone. If I did I was always cautious. I tried waited for Sunny, really I did, but a guy has needs.

Kayla is nothing more than that. She was just a girl I screwed, nothing else. She always pushed for something more, but my heart was with Sunny.

Sunny had seemed depressed in the past couple of days. She looked sad, but not blatantly sad, you had to take a good look to see past those deep dimples and grin. I knew my girl better than she knows herself.

Her little mannerisms and silence let me know she wasn't thinking. She seemed lost, but Sunny has always seem lost. She would chew at her lip, or rubbed the webbing between her fingers when she thought, which was rare. And when she spoke, it was like a child speaking, you could barely hear her. I didn't know what was wrong, but I wanted to find out.

"Hey, are you okay?" I had finally asked Friday afternoon.

She sipped her coffee, her neon green nails were chipping and she stared at them, "Yeah," she shrugged.

I tweaked my lips, "What's up?"

She raised her brow, downing the remainder of her coffee, "Hmm? Nothing," she tossed the styrofoam cup.

"There's something," I told her, "is it your boyfriend?"

She rolled her eyes, "He isn't my boyfriend."

She sat on the couch, and I sat beside her. The guys had all went out for lunch, Sunny was staying late to hook up some photos. She sat, crossing her legs, laptop on her knee, and she seemed lost again. 

"Will you talk to me?" I asked her.

She looked up at me, "What do you want to talk about?" again, her voice was meek.

"Tell me what's wrong with you."

She frowned, "There's nothing wrong," she answered quietly, "I'm just homesick."

I nodded, "You're leaving next Friday, right?" she nodded, "What are you going to do when you get home?"

She hummed for a moment, looking back at the screen, "I'm touring with the guys...go to Butcher's art show," she listed quietly, "go to Michigan."

We became silent again, and it was killing me. I wanted to shake her, make her talk and be happy. Make her feel.

"I gotta go," she mumbled a few minutes later, "I'll see you, Frank." With that, she got up and left. She left me again, feeling lost, too.
--

Later that day, we went to eat. I decided to ask for Ray's advice; Mikey would yell at me, and I didn't really think of asking Gerard.

"I need to ask you for your advice," he and I were alone; Gerard and Mikey went to get us drinks.

"What's up?"

"Sunny," I started slow, "I don't know...how to get to her."

He raised his brow, "What do you mean?"

"She's too quiet, like she has a guard up, like she's trying to keep away from me."

"You hurt her, Frank, what did you expect?"

I shrugged, "We were okay, when she first showed up, but now she won't even talk to me."

"That girl," he started, "Kayla. You're around her, I don't think Sunny likes that."

"She's with that Tyler guy," I countered bitterly.

"She isn't with him, she doesn't love him like she loves you."

My heart ached at that, "What should I do?"

"Mikey's friend, Pete, is having another party. I bet Sunny'll be there, talk to her."

I nodded, "Oh, good."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just letting you all know, since I'm such a pansy at writing from Frank's perspective, his POVs will always be short. I'm sorry.
And in other news, my MCR boxset came today! I got Frank's, can you believe that? I have it all displayed in my room all nice and shit lol
Now, don't forget to comment :)