‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

If You Like It Or Not

Sunny's POV

The days went by slow, I didn't really eat or talk. My job was pretty easy, and the guys were still friendly with me, and didn't ask if I was okay; except Frank, who wouldn't leave me alone. I made small talk with them all, but other than that, my mouth was shut.

Tyler didn't call me at all, and I didn't expect him to. I didn't call Butcher, like I would have, because I knew he would worry. All I wanted was to get this next week over with and head back home.

It was a Saturday, when my friend, Meghan, called me to go out. Meghan is one of the few women I could hang out with and trust. She is an amazing friend who is as outrageous as one of the guys. I met her during a shoot with Spin; she is a concert reporter.

"Where have you been?" I asked her before she could get a word in.

"Traveling on the Warped Tour...lame," she exasperated heavily.

I chuckled, "They don't make 'em like they use to."

"You are so right."

"So why'd you call?"

"Ooh!" she groaned excitedly, "Pete is having another party!" She told me.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, tonight, and you are coming with me!"

I shook my head, "Meg, I'd love to but--"

"Wah-Wah, you are coming," she cut me off quicker than I anticipated.  

I rolled my eyes, "I have nothing to wear."

"Bullshit," she chuckled, "you can find something decent and cute."

There was no way to say no to Meghan. She is a strong willed girl who could make you do just about anything. 

"Ugh...fine," I relented, "what time?"

"I'm picking you up to do your make-up, okay? 'Round 6."

It was 3 now, "Yeah, ok."

After my conversation with Meghan, I went downstairs to tell mom my plans. With my luck, she'd be at another golf thing, or something. I entered the living room to see mom on the phone, a rare sight. I waited patiently as she finished her conversation, I didn't care listen, I just sang to myself...in my head.

"Hey Mija, what's up?" she closed her phone and put it in her pocket.

"I'm going out with Meghan tonight," I told her, "I just wanted to let you know."

She hummed, "It's good for you to have girlfriends," she noted with a small smile.

"Yeah, me and guys aren't meant to mesh," I commented quietly.

"Have fun, Mija."

"Will do."
--

Meghan is tall, brunette with attitude, and big emerald colored eyes. She commands the crowd by just giving a sensual look, everyone wanted her, or at least wanted to be her friend. I was meek, as usual with girls, and stood by her. Even if I ventured off, Meghan would find me and give me shots to keep the party going. So far, I haven't had a bad time with Meghan.

"Look at all the hotties," she noted, leaning down to my ear; the bass of the music drowned her out.

I tweaked my lips and looked around; same old faces. I followed Meghan as she guided us to the VIP section. I could hear Pete talking over a mic, he and Gabe Saporta were DJing. Meghan and I waved to them, and continued through the people.

The booth was near empty, but this one was facing the crowd and a bit levitated. I scooted in, Meghan leaning against the table, bopping her head to a Lady GaGa song, I think. I watched the people, swaying and drinking, that's when I spotted Mikey walking over to the bar. I smirked to myself, Meghan turning to me as I did.

"Who's that hottie?" she asked watching my eyes.

"The one at the bar with the black shirt?" she nodded, "Mikey Way."

She made an 'oh' shape with her mouth, but then curled it into a smile. She wanted Mikey, I could see it.

"My Chemical Romance?" she asked, unsure if she was right.

"Yep, the bassist."

She cooed to herself, "I want a piece."

I giggled, "I'll introduce you," I told her.

She flashed me a questionable look, "You know him?"

I nodded, "Yeah, he's one of my best friends."

She gave me a happy/surprised look, and yanked me up from my seat. I stumbled in the black stiletto heels, and was pulled to the bar. Mikey had looked up, a surprised and amused look grace his face.

Meghan pushed me in front of her, "Sunny," he started, "what are you doing here?"

"Partying," I told him nonchalantly, "but, I have a friend I'd like you to meet."

He raise his brow, looking behind me. He smiled a bit then looked back at me, "What's her name?"

I pulled Meghan beside me, "Meghan Shaw, meet Mikey Way," she bit at her lip, nervously, and stuck out her hand.

"Hi, call me Meg," her olive colored skin was turning beet red.

Mikey looked so amused, "Mikey," he shook her hand, "you're pretty cute."

Meghan skinned turned even more red, letting go of his hand, "Thanks, you aren't so bad yourself."

I shook my head at them, smiling and flirting; "I'm gonna go get a drink," I told them as they began to talk deeper.

"Okay," they both said, leaning on the bar.

I went up to the VIP section, sitting and watching the swaying people. A few minutes of watching, and Pete and Frank made their way over. I just waved to them, taking the shot Pete slid to me.

"You wanna dance?" Pete asked, grinning.

"Sorry, my shoes," I pointed to the stilettos I had borrowed from Meghan.

"Where is Meghan?" he asked, reading my mind.

I pointed to the bar, where she and Mikey were taking shots and smiling still. Meghan swayed at the bar, her favorite Cobra Starship song came on (Hot Mess). I smiled as I watched her take Mikey's hand and pull him onto the dance floor.

"Mikey cannot dance," Frank commented.

"I'm gonna go get a chick," Pete mentioned smiling, "but I want a dance, Romero."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah, later." He pecked my cheek and rushed off to the dance floor.
It was just Frank and I, sitting beside each other in the darken booth. The only light was the LCD lights from the DJ booth, and the small fake candle in the middle of the table.

"Do you know your boyfriend is gay?" Frank slipped into my ear.

I raised my brow, "What?"

"That Tyler guy, he's gay."

I rolled my eyes, "Says the guy who made out with Gerard Way on numerous occasions," he chuckled, back in my ear.

"Funny," he muttered.

"Yeah, and Tyler isn't my boyfriend, how many times do I have to tell you?"

Frank gave me a small smile, "Wanna get out of here?"

What was he doing? Didn't he have someone to be with? 

I shook my head, "I owe Wentz a dance," I told him.

He nodded, "I can wait."
--

Within an hour, I was gone. I was drunk. I could barely stand, yet, I found the need to dance. I went out on the floor with Pete, dancing stupidly, then I went back to the table. I saw 2 dimensions of Frank, then I saw Tyler. I furrowed my brows.

"Fuck you doing here?" I slurred at him.

"I came to watch you," he said, putting his arm around my waist.

"I don't wanna be w-watched," I hiccuped, "Where's Frankie?" I turned my head, looking for him.

"I'm right here," I heard his soothing voice. 

My warm, intoxicated body lit up, "Frankie! C-come here!" 

Frank walked the short distance, I didn't know where he had come from, and took my left hand. He pulled me towards him, but Tyler kept his grip, "L'eggo," I pushed Tyler.

"No, come on, I'm taking you home," he pulled me, hard, away from Frank, practically yanking me towards the exit. I tore at his hands as he drug me. I saw a few people, I couldn't really tell who, following us. Tyler brought me outside, where he put me up against a wall. The few people were shouting, I recognized Meghan almost immediately.

"What's your deal?" she had questioned.

"I'm taking her home," Tyler answered next.

"We'll take her home," a male voice.

I took in a deep breath, my senses were sobering, thanks to the cool night. I stood on my own, watching them.

"She's mine, I'll take her," Tyler.

"Sunny," a male voice called, "Sunny, you wanna go to Meghan's?" the voice had walked over and put a hand on my bare shoulder.

I nodded, "Frankie?"

"Yeah, it's me."

I sighed, happily, "Take me to Meg's."

I could see a slight, warped, drunken smile in my impaired vision. I leaned against the wall, letting them finished. I didn't pay attention to a word until I heard yelling and saw punching.
♠ ♠ ♠
The title of this chapter is based off a song by The Brobecks.
I think it fit well with the scene.