‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Dance, Dance

Frank's POV

That asshole Tyler hit me before I could explain why were taking her home; it was her decision. The punch didn't hurt, it was like a love tap. Seriously.

But, being a little tipsy, I felt enraged. I brought my hands up, hit him back, that's when a few people started to yell and scream. I charged at him, knocking him to the ground. I could feel people pulling me away as I slugged him. There was so much yelling, I could barely think of what was actually going on.

"Frank, come on!" Mikey pulled me back.

"Get Sunny!" I yelled at Meghan, letting Mikey pull me away.

I saw Pete help Tyler up, and pull him aside. Mikey pulled me towards a car, and sat me at the back door. Meghan helped Sunny in first, who looked confused and still drunk.

"W-wha...what happened?" she slurred as I got in beside her.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

The fight was nothing. That guy hit me for no reason.

"Did he hit you?" she asked putting her cool palm to my brow.

I winced away, "Yeah."

She giggled, and looked at her, "What's so damn funny?"

She giggled hard, "He's 6'1 and you're like...5'4!" she continued to giggle, that drunken giggle that made me smile.

"Shut up," I said smiling.
---

"My guest room is upstairs on the left," Meghan told me as I carried a sleeping Sunny up them.

"Thanks," I told her.

The door was half way opened, and I pushed it with my foot. I carried Sunny to the bed, put her on it, and watched her 'snow angel' on the comforter.

"Glorious," She mumbled happily.

"Sunny, you have to get under the blanket," I shook her bare shoulder.

"Nuh huh," she groaned.

"Please?" she sighed.

"'Kay."

I smiled as she sat up, taking her dress off, as I pulled the comforter over. She wangled into the sheets, burying her head into the pillow. Her eyes shut, and she opened her mouth a bit.

"Who are you? Gabriel?" she asked as I pulled the comforter over.

"No," I said.

"Peter?"

"No."

She groaned, opening her eyes, "Who the fuck are you?"

I chuckled, "It's me, Frank."

She nodded, "Oh...oh yeah, my midget Frankie," I rolled my eyes, "I want you to cuddle with me."

"Are you sure?"

She hummed, "Please." I took off my high tops and crawled over her. She hummed again, this time a song, and pulled my hand as I laid behind her, "I only want sympathy in the form of you...crawling into bed with me," she sang, "Dance, dance." I shook my head at her, singing to nothing.

I let her fall asleep, the second I knew she was out, I rolled over to my side of the bed. I didn't know what her reaction would be if she woke up next to me, again. I sighed, unable to fall asleep with that thought, and went to the adjourning bathroom to check my head.

I leaned up against the sink, looking my face over. I had a long cut across my cheek, but my forehead took a beating. I had a small bump, on the right side of my forehead, it was red and it hurt. I bit at my lip, taking a wet cloth and putting it there. I shook my head, turning and going back to the bed.

Sunny was still cuddled in her position, her bare back faced me. I could see her slim spine, the bones visible, but not extremely noticeable. I crawled into the bed, putting my arm back around her. Her small palm took hold again, her head nuzzling into the pillow. I smiled, kissed the back of her neck, and began to drift.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, um the whole Dance, Dance thing sprung up on me, because my mom likes to sing/talk while she's drunk/sleeping.