‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

One Last Time

Sunny's POV

I woke up to slight pounding in my head. I groaned, the sun hit my closed eyelids, and rolled over to the left. My hand slapped a t-shirt covered chest, and I opened my eyes slightly.

"Ow," a voice broke out, "why'd you do that?"

I squinted to see the face, the light was killing me, "Who are you?" my voice was thick and groggy.

"It's me," the voice rose, he sat up, "Frank."

"Where are we?"

"Your friend Meghan's."

I nodded, pulling a pillow closer to my head. The pounding was slowing, and I was able to adjust my eyes to the light. 

"What time is it?" I asked as he got out of the bed.

"8 am." he answered.

"Did we..." I shook my weary head, "did we mess around?"

He shook his head, putting his shoes on, "No."

Frank wasn't giving me attitude, he answered as if he was lost. I pulled the sheet closer to my body, I noticed I was just in my underwear. Frank walked around the bed, to my side and tossed my dress on my covered legs.

"Why did you sleep in bed with me?" my voice was small, meek and full of curiosity.

He looked at me, "You don't remember?" I shook my head, "you asked me to."

"Oh," I said aloud. I looked over at him, he was sitting at the edge of the bed, rubbing his neck, "What happened to your head?" I asked.

He looked at me, "How drunk were you?"

"The pills tend to wipe my memory when I drink."

He shook his head, "I got into a fight with your boyfriend."

I furrowed my brows, "You fought with Tyler? Why?"

"He was being an asshole," he turned to me, "he practically drug you out of the night club, and attacked me for no reason!"

"I'm sorry, Frank, I--"

He cut me off, "Forget it, it was just a tap anyway."

"You didn't hurt him, did you?" he gave a chuckle.

"No."

I sighed, relief, "I wish I remembered," he raised his brow, "it must've been a sight! He's 6'1--"

"Yeah, yeah, and I'm 5'4."

I smirked, "Did I say that last night?" he nodded, "Darn it!"

He chuckled, turning back to his feet, "I can't believe I tried to fight him."

"It's greatly appreciated, Frankie," I pat his shoulder.

"Anything for you," he mumbled, I don't think he intended for me to hear.

I smiled, to myself, and pulled the sheet off of me. I grabbed my dress and began to shimmy it up my body.

"Why'd you get the ship?" I looked at Frank.

"I saw Pirates of the Caribbean," I told him nonchalantly.

Frank smirked at me, my stomach twisted at the sight. I bit at my lip, I wanted him. God, he is gorgeous in the morning.

"You want me and Mikey to take you home?" he asked, tripping me out of my trance.
I nodded, "Yeah, let me go see Meg first."

I moved out the room to the door, but Frank took my arm, gently. He turned me around, making me look at him. My heart pounded as he tired eyes flickered across my face and down my body.

"That girl, Kayla...she isn't my girlfriend."

I raised my brow, "So?" I didn't want to get my hopes up to have them smashed down.

"I just wanted you to know that, just in case."

I rolled my eyes, playfully, "In case of what?"

His hands slid up my wrist, "In case you were thinking of kissing me."

He stepped a little closer, pushing me against the door, "Who said I was thinking of kissing you?"

His warm breath was inching closer to my cheek, and sliding close to my ear. I shivered, letting little goosebumps rise around my body. Frank gave a soft chuckle, running his thumb over my wrist bones.

"Do I make you quiver?" he asked smugly.

I didn't know how to respond, other than a snappy comeback, "You couldn't make me wet if you tried."

He gave a husky laugh, leaning down and kissing my neck. My whole body began to tingle, my knees shook a little, and I tried to squeeze my thighs close.

"Don't fight," his breath hit the spot he was sucking at, making my spine tingle.

"Frank," I mumbled, letting my hand rest at his shoulder, "I can't do this with you."

He looked back up at me, "You can, but you won't."
 
I nodded, "I'm not with him, but the repercussions could--"

He cut me off, "Just one last time," he begged, quietly.

I swallowed hard, thinking of what Butcher had said: we were perfect for each other. Even so, I didn't want shit to hit the fan if we do get together. I fought my heart so long, and the pills were leaving my system.

"One...last time," I repeated to myself.

"That's all I'm asking," his eyes were like puppy dog's, wanting a little love and a treat.
"Alright...alright Frank."

Frank gave me a happy smile, pulling me along, back to the bed. He took my dress off for me, unlatching my bra quickly after. The grey dress made a puddle at my feet and I stepped out of it; he tossed my bra beside it, and began to undress himself. I watched him, his body was beautiful in the morning light, and I ached to have his heated skin near mine. 

He was naked by the time I began to kiss him. I laid him down onto the bed, leaning off the side, still kissing. He pulled me on top of him, moving my panties to the side and I stopped him.

"Wait, I don't have condoms."

He exasperated, "Me either."

"We can't--"

He cut me off, "I'll pull out."

"Liar," I chuckled.

"I will, I'll remember."

I rolled my eyes and let him continue.
--

After Frank and I ruined her sheets, I said my goodbyes to Meghan, and had Mikey and Frank drive me home. We didn't really speak after, we just laid there, soaking up the afterglow, and got dressed again. 

I wasn't ashamed, I felt like I deserved it, I needed Frank, in any position. It was the last time after all, he said so himself, so I guess it was really over. In a week, I'll be home in Chicago, still on medication, painting and seeing that shitty therapist.

"You're home," Mikey broke my thoughts.

"Thanks," I muttered, "I'll see you guys Monday." I pecked the both of their cheeks and headed inside my mom's home.

The house was empty, as usual, and I headed upstairs to take my pills and shower. The only thing that was on my mind was Frank, he was all I was thinking about. I weighed those pills in my hand, wondering if I should numb myself up, or put them back and enjoy my thoughts about Frank. 

"You're really loony," I cursed myself, "take the pills, idiot."

I dumped the two capsules in my mouth and went to the bathroom. I undressed quickly, turning on the shower, and examining my body in the mirror.

Frank had said he loved my body, after we had sex, and just laid there. I didn't see what he saw, I felt so damaged and awkward looking, what did he love? 

I sighed, forgetting those self-conscious thoughts, and got into the shower.

By the time I was dressed and messing up my hair, Meghan called me again. She screeched into the phone excitedly.

"What the fuck?" I shouted at her.

"You had sex with Frank, didn't you?" she teased excitedly.

I furrowed my brows, "What are you talking about?" I could feel my cheeks redden.

"My sheets, you little pig!"

I groaned, holding my head, "Oh, God, how embarrassing," I mumbled a loud.

"You dirty little witch, I cannot believe you!" Meghan giggled louder, "How well do you know him?"

I rolled my eyes, "Frank and I are old...friends," I told her, "and it was a last time thing, okay?"

She huffed, "Way to ruin my day, Sunny."

"Sorry, but it was a one night stand."

"Technically, it was a one morning stand," I chuckled at her, "and you guys look adorable together, so small and dark, you guys look like those couples who've been together so long they start looking like each other," I coursed my hair at her ramblings, "Plus he beat up Tyler."

"Did you call to give me shit about it?"

"No, I just need some new sheets, you little pig."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll get you some damn sheets, Meg."

After I hung up with Meghan, I went to lie down and think. I never think anymore, I really just do something to keep my mind blank. Isn't it nice to think once in a while.

This morning's events shot through my head quickly, sending shivers across my skin. It was like it was happening again, sending me to pure happiness and nirvana, I suppose. It was amazing feeling, what has happen to my fragile little mind? How can a guy do this to me? I felt like a teenager, with her first boyfriend, but he and I weren't together. I bit my lip and closed my eyes, what a thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?