‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Listening

Frank's POV

Can it be that my heart was breaking again? The only person I really, truly, and madly in love with, didn't want me? I crave her attention, her grace, her beauty, her flaws, and her cute little voice in my head. But, it felt like it was truly over. Sunny is over me.

"What's wrong?" Mikey asked as we left the studio; Sunny had taken off 2 hours before.

"I'm bummed out," I admitted.

"Why?"

"Sunny hates me."

Mikey snorted, "What else is new?"

"No, man, she really, really hates me."

He sighed, "What'd you do?"

"I said some fucked up things...things I really shouldn't have."

"Paint me a picture, please."

"I called her a couple names...but I didn't mean it, I was mad."

Mikey shook his head, "Why do you keep doing that to her? Do you not see how fragile she is? She doesn't deserve having hearing her problems thrown in her face."

"I apologized--"

"Sunny hates apologies, she wants you to be honest with her."

"Do I--"

He cut me off again, "Don't talk to her. At all. Just leave her alone until she wants to talk."

I sighed, taking Mikey's advice.

Leave her alone, until she wants to talk.
---

Sunny came in, dressed in a loose fitting top, a black skirt, and little make-up on. She looked like how she talked: robotic.

She said her hellos and sat behind Wendell as we began recording and tracking. I stuck to what Mikey had said, and didn't utter a word. She didn't really say much, but she drank loads of coffee and ate quietly. A few times she got on her phone; short, funny conversations with her friends. As soon as she put the phone away, she got on her laptop and ignored us.

The whole not talking thing bugged me.

"Hey, are you going out tonight?" Mikey asked her, when he thought I was busy on my phone.

"Yeah, um, Meghan is bugging me to go out, and plus Gabe Saporta is gonna be there," she gave a small smile.

"Gabe? That's cool, I haven't seen him in a while."

"Me either, since Cobra's tour in April."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Packing a lot of my stuff that's at my mom's, I have a lot of errands to run," her voice, again, was child-like, "Then I leave at 11. Late night flight."

I didn't know what to do with myself. I wanted to go out, to check on her, make sure she was ok. Knowing Mikey, he'd probably keep me away from her.

I wanted to talk to her, one last time, tell her exactly how I felt, before she took off and ignored me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but Frank's POV are short, and I think this will be his last POV