‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Falling Into Place

Sunny's POV

It was September 14 that Frank had to leave. I dreaded this day, even though I knew he'd be coming back. I would miss him like crazy, and soon it'd just be me and my mom until the end of September.

We stood by the foyer as we waited for his taxi to arrive. He pressed his forehead against mine, kissing the tip of my nose. My lips curled up, kissing his chin.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone," he told me softly, pulling away, "I'll call everyday."

"Don't make me cry," I frowned at him.

"I'm not trying to," he chuckled, "I'm just warning you."

"I'll be fine. Butcher and the guys will be home in less than two weeks."

He pressed his lips to my forehead, "I love you, Sunny," he looked down at me, his beautiful eyes staring into mine. I fought the urge to take him right there.

"I love you, too, Frankie," I kissed the corner of his mouth.

Frank opened his mouth to speak, but then there was a honk. He sighed, turning towards the closed door, "I'll call as soon as I land," he pecked my lips.

"Don't worry about it," I told him.

Frank just smiled and pulled his hand from his side to my stomach. His smile grew wide at the growing bump, "I don't know when I'll be back, but keep me updated about the baby."

"I will," he kissed me again, then opened the front, "bye Frankie."

"Bye Sunny."
-

The two weeks passed by quickly. I spoke to the guys, to Frankie, and got through the loneliness pretty well. Mom was here, too, and she would try and talk me into cleaning up the nursery.

It's not that I didn't want to, I just feared the breakdown if I did go in there. Frank never asked about it, but I had told him about my feelings about it. He was supportive in me staying away from it until I was ready.

I didn't know when I'd be ready.

When the guys finally came home, I don't think I hugged Butcher so tight in my entire life. He hugged me back and let me squeeze him until I was ready to let go. 

"Get your fill?" he gasped as I let go.

"I missed you, Butchy!" I hugged his middle, and then let go, "How was it? What'd I miss?"

Butcher shrugged, "We partied, had some fun, and everyone is happy for you. They missed you," I helped him with bag, carrying it to his room, "they can't believe your having a kid."

I made a face, "Am I ugly or something?" I joked.

He chuckled, setting his bag by his dresser, "They just can't believe it, because your like our little sister. It's weird," he shrugged, "Speaking of weird, how's the kid cooking?" he nodded towards my belly.

"I have weird cravings," I started, "but other than that, everything is going swell."

He chuckled again, "Did you talk to Frank about what you guys are planning to do?"

I nodded, sitting at his desk, "Yeah. MCR's album is coming out in November, and he'll be touring a lot in the next year, so I'll be moving to New Jersey after everything settles."

Butcher looked over at me, a little sad, "Wow...it feels weird."

"What?"

"You're gonna be moving, and Jack and I will be all alone," he gave me a mock frown.

"It's not for at least another year, B."

He nodded, "I know, but it feels so weird that you'll be gone, and you won't be just upstairs."

I smiled at him, "Aw, you love me, Butcher?"

He rolled his eyes, "Like I said, you're my little sister, of course I love ya."

I got up from my seat and walked over to Butcher. I out my arms around his neck and hugged him again. He just stood there for a moment, unsure of why I was hugging him. He then wrapped his arms around me, leaning down, and hugged me tighter.

"I love you, too, Butch," I mumbled into his chest.

"You are so weird, Sunny." he chuckled.

"Thank you."
-

A dew days after Butcher and Jack came back, mom was able to leave. She was a little hesitant, but knew I could take care of myself -or rather Butcher could take care of me. I was happy to see her go back to LA, because I was getting a little tired of the pushing.

As September ended, the leaves from the trees indicated that October was here. I love the fall, because it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too chilly. Plus, everything looked so pretty.

The weather lit something in me; I didn't know exactly what it was, so I figured it was the weather. I had decided to spruce up the nursery. I didn't want to change much, just clean it up.

"Are you sure about this?" Butcher asked; he and I stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at the door.

"Yeah...I kind of want to get this over with."

Butcher tweaked his lips, sighing softly, "Are we going to paint?"

I shrugged, "I dunno."

Butcher shrugged, too, and started up the stairs. I followed behind, holding my middle, nervously following.

At the top of the stairs, I stood beside him, and he put his hand on the knob. It creaked open as Butcher turned the knob; the soft light from the window filled the room.

Butcher stepped in, looking around, and I followed him. The smell inside reminded me of the last time I was in here, and it didn't make me feel sad. I was expecting to feel sad -to feel something harsh- but I didn't.

He looked back at me, "How are you?" he asked.

"I'm okay," I answered truthfully, "I was expecting something more, though."

He smiled, turning fully, "I think you're healing, kiddo."

I sighed softly, taking in a short breath after, "I think so, too."

Butcher and I cleaned up the cobwebs, dust bunnies, and dust from the room. We had moved the crib, changing table, and dressers out, and decided to paint the room. Butcher wanted to give it a creamy, beige color, and paint a cartoon moon in the corner of the main wall. I didn't object, because it would keep him busy, and he loves to draw -win, win.

It took us a few hours to paint it entirely, and then we took a break; but Butcher made me take a nap after eating. He had said he wanted to finish the room on his own, to surprise me.

It didn't take much to surprise me.

So, I obliged with the nap, and went into my room. I changed into an oversized t-shirt and some shorts; I went over to my mirror and looked at myself. I was much more happy with myself, and the picture, at the right corner, of Frank and I, made me even more happy.

Everything seemed to be falling into place.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of boring, because I wanted to show Sunny healing from all that's happen. Believe me, there will be some shit hitting the fan, too.