‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Nothing, I Suppose

Sunny's POV

I hugged Butcher goodbye tightly as he stood with me outside the gate.

"Are you sure you don't need me to come with you?" he asked letting me go.

I shook my head, "You have to prepare for your showing and you're only a phone call away."

He smirked at me, "I worry about you, kiddo."

"I know, but I'll be fine, I wanna relax."

He pecked my forehead, "Please relax, and call me if you need anything."

I smiled at him, "Don't I always?"

He pulled me back into another hug, "Love ya, Sunny."

"Love ya, B."

I pecked his cheek before heading to the gate. I hate flying alone, I always get the worse ideas when I do. And I sort of regretted not bringing Butcher along.

I got a window seat, I hate window seats. I decided to read the Glass Castle, and try and to keep my mind off sleep.
-

We landed at 9, and I was fucking tired. I shuffled off the plane, putting on my black sunglasses, and entered the gate. I spotted my mom, and heard her squeal as I made my way to her.

"Oh my God, look at you!" she wrapped her arms around me, we meshed like a puzzle, "Your hair is cute!"

I chuckled, "Yeah, I was feeling a change," we let go, "do you like it?"

She nodded, "Anymore tattoos?" I flipped my hair back and showed her my skull, "It's scary."

"Yeah, that's what I was going for," I teased her.

Mom shook her head, "What am I going to do with you?"
 
I smiled at her, "Nothing, I suppose."

"Well, let's go, Chris is waiting to say hello."

I nodded and followed her out the airport.

The warm and cool air in LA made me feel better about being here. I didn't dislike California, it just opened a lot of old wounds for me. It was a second home, after all, and I had to like something about it. I guess I choose the nice weather.

When we arrived at the house, I said hello to Chris, but immediately rushed up to my guest bedroom. The house they lived in was two story with 4 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. It's beautiful inside, nice new furniture, beautiful faux plants, and a couple of photos hung up. The house was located in a gated community with neighbors like the "Real Housewives" you'd see on tv. I couldn't complain, I mean, it was nicer than any place I'd ever lived before.

I set my bags on the floor, next to the bed and flopped on it. I groaned as I sunk into the mattress, as oppose to bouncing. It was a memory foam mattress, I hate those things.
I corrected my body and stared at the ceiling. Just like my room in Chicago, I had string lights against the panels on the walls, and a few pictures, I took, hung up. I liked this room than the one in Chicago, because this room had a huge window, with a seat, and I could see the entire back golf course. It's great to see, to say the least.

I closed my eyes and began to drift off, thinking of what I'd do today. I didn't want to do much, but I knew I wanted to see Tyler.

Before I could fall asleep, fully, mom knocked on my door. I shook my head, waking my mind up. The door crept open just as I sat up.

"Sunny?" she stepped in, "Sorry, did I wake you?"

I shrugged, "It's cool," I mumbled, coursing my hair.

"I just wanted to make sure you took your pills."

I nodded, "Yeah, I took them before I got on the plane."

Mom smiled, "Alright, well, Chris and I are going to the hospital for this golf tournament."

"Okay, I'll be here," I gave her a weak smile, my lids half closed.

"Love you."

"Love ya."

Mom turned back, opened the door, stepped out and closed it behind her. I sighed, laying back in the bed; the worse part about visiting my mom is that she and I weren't as close as we use to be. She had gotten so angry when she found out I was pregnant, and even angrier when I dropped out of CSU to follow Jack around on tour. She and I stopped talking for a while, but once the holidays rolled in, we forgave each other and tried to mend our relationship. Then, that dreadful December day, I had become a zombie. She drug me to California, to try and comfort me, making me take pills and see a therapist. I'm not upset with her for it, for the most part, the pills helped, but I was upset that she pulled me away from Chicago.

I think I'm being a spoiled brat, now that I think about it.

I shook my head and closed my eyes. My mind wondered for a bit, and then landed on Frank. Yeah, him of all people. My fucked up brain was sending signals to my heart to ache for him; to miss his sorry ass, and I think it was the pills.

Missing Frank was the only thing I didn't want to feel. I could handle the depression, the anxiety, and the pressure, but missing him, that was too much. My mind would have little springs like this; Frank Iero, I miss you! One part of my brain missed him, the other could give two fucks. My heart was in the battle too, it missed Frank, so I guess it was two against one. 

I hate him, but I love him.

I hadn't seen his face in almost, exactly, two years. I remember it though, the cute hazel eyes, his pouty lips, the piercings I adored, and the little chickenpox scar in the middle of his eyebrows, and the shaggy hair I loved tangling my fingers in.

I always think about the 'what-ifs' if we had stayed together. I dislike listing them off, because they make me feel sad. Feeling sad is not what I wanted, not what I needed. What I needed was to get over this man.
-

When I woke up, it was around three pm. I took a shower, getting airplane and drowsiness off my skin. I dressed in a loose fitting, white tank top, and denim shorts. I wasn't expecting to do much, but chill out.

I went down to the kitchen, to raid the fridge, and watch TV. Before I could open the fridge door, my phone rang; it was one of my 'famous' friends, Pete Wentz.

"Yo," I mumbled answering.

"Your mother teach you to answer the phone like that?" he countered with a snicker.

"Says the guy who answers the phone with a 'Yep'," I retorted leaning against the counter island.

"That's how I do things, Sun, don't you know?" I chuckled at him.

"What's up, Petey? Is there some sane reason you rang?"

He chuckled back, "Party. Tonight. You, Ty, Bden, and Bill," I rolled my eyes.

"Party?"

"It's my birthday, sista," he informed with a funny voice.

I cursed myself, embarrassed, "Sorry, I forgot."

He chuckled, "It's cool, I don't need a gift, just you."

"Yeah, sure, do I have to host this like the News Years one?"

"Nope, just bring that pretty little face of yours, and dress up."

"Sure, who's taking me?"

"Brendon is picking you up."

I sighed, "Ok, fine."

He yipped at me, "Thanks a billion."

"Yeah, yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to update twice, this was short and pretty much a filler, so you know I was bored.
Any predictions?