‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Stuck

Frank's POV

With our video done, the music done, we were able to go home. I wanted nothing more than to see Sunny, but I knew she didn't want to see me. I had betrayed her, I had let my mouth get the best of me. I said some stupid shit, like always.

Mikey had been ignoring me the entire time we had been in LA, and didn't say a word about Sunny, but his girlfriend, Meghan, told me that she was going to see Sunny. I had relayed a message to her, to give to Sunny; telling her that I love her and I couldn't wait to see her.

I honestly didn't know where to go after we were told everything was finished. I should go home, but I wanted to see Sunny so bad. I tried to call, but she didn't pick up; she was either screening my calls or had her phone off again.

I had decided to go home, to New Jersey, and try calling her again. Her birthday was in a few days, and I thought about going to see her. I didn't want to surprise her, I just wanted to get on my knees and beg for her forgiveness, and try to work it out.
-

When her birthday approached, I flew out. The only one who knew was Meghan, and she helped me organize to see Sunny. Though, she said Sunny had been busy the past few days, and had rarely got to talk to her.

I arrived the day before her birthday, feeling nervous, and knocked on her door. I stood there, shifting nervously still, when the door opened. It was Jack who answered.

"Frank? What are you doing here?" he eyed me suspiciously.

"I came to apologize to Sunny," I exasperated softly.

He made a sore face, "You just missed her, man. She went to lunch with Gabe, and then they were going somewhere else."

I sighed heavily, "Really? Do you know when they'll be back?"

He shook his head, "Not for a while...sorry."

I rubbed my neck, "Uh...don't tell her I came back, okay? I sort of want to surprise her."

"You might want to watch out, Butcher is kind of pissed off at you and Sunny's ex."

"I figured." I mumbled softly.

"I won't tell him, okay? I might not be here later...so be careful."

I sighed, again, "Thanks."

I went back to the hotel, where I tried calling her, only getting her voicemail. I played with the thought of leaving her a message, but I couldn't think of anything to say.

I then decided to just wait until the next day. She'd probably be home the entire day, right? So I'd wait until then. 

The entire night was filled with harsh dreams, biting me in my ass. I couldn't get Sunny and our unborn child out of head. What was I thinking when I said those things?

That asshole was so convincing when he told me. He said that Sunny didn't really love me. That he was certain that it was his baby. That they planned this.

Why did I believe it? Sunny would never do that to me! God, what was I thinking?
-

Meghan called me the next morning, just as I was leaving, telling me that Sunny went to her doctors appointments, by herself, and then would be going out with Gabe again. 

I had a feeling Sunny knew I was here and was making it hard for me to see her.

She also said that Sunny was working a show tonight, and that she'd be gone until the wee hours of the morning. I had no idea when I'd be able to see her, but it was killing me.

I couldn't think of any plan to see her, other than just wait. Meghan wasn't staying long, and would leave on the 23rd. I was stuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Black Dragon Fighting Society is my favorite song at the moment.