‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Too Real To Ever Be Fake

Frank's POV

I was more than happy to the thought of becoming a father. Seeing the baby so close, so near, it made everything real. It was real now, and there was no turning back.

Sunny is easily the only choice for me. I couldn't ask for a better person to be with. She is talented, smart, witty, and beautiful. She has this natural beauty that you only see once in a blue moon. It's amazing.

I loved watching her paint and study her features when she did. She tweaked her lips, stared at the figures and then would stroke the brush a certain way. She always used her fingers to tweak the brush a certain way.

Another thing was that she was so passionate. The things she admired, she really loved. She loved her friends, which she never took for granted. If they called just to say hello, she was polite and kept a nice conversation and said sweet things. It was this weird banter that kept them reeling, I think. She is such a sweet person, you can't help but to like her.

When she would stare at herself in the mirror, she would smile. Before, she would have no expression, and just tassel her hair. Now, she smiled and checked herself out a little more. I loved the way she put her arms around her middle and try to cradle her belly. It was cute, too.

Her funny little laugh, and the way she narrowed her eyes, made me hope our child would look more like her. I hope they'd have her wit and her talent. I hope they'd be as passionate as her. I hope they'd have her little dimples, her cutesy smile, and the deep brown eyes.

I wanted to fall in love with this kid, like I had done the mother.

At times, though, I would get jealous of her passion. She was so open with Butcher, and others, that she gladly talked about any and everything. She would hug them tight and kiss their cheeks. It made me jealous, because I knew she was mine.

At times, I felt as if she wouldn't belong to me for long. As if someone would snatch her up. I had a hard feeling about it, and it would never sit right with me. I guessed it was the way she openly hugged her friends, and the playful kisses.

I didn't want to be this way, but I couldn't help it. I'm a selfish person, so possessive, when it came to Sunny. I felt as if she belonged to me, and that no one else should touch her. It was all to real now; we're having a kid, she's mine forever.
-

I was preparing to leave again, to visit family for Christmas time. Sunny understood and didn't fuss; her mom was coming to see her. I promised that I'd be back as soon as possible, and she told me not to worry.

I was a little worried. First; I'd be away. Second; This week of December was hard for her. Third; She was a worrier too. I tried to reassure myself because she had her friends. The friends I was jealous of. Even so, I knew I could trust them; they've taken great care of her already.

"I hate leaving you," I muffled into the crook in her neck.

"I'll be fine," she reassured; her arms were securely around my neck.

"I'll be back for Christmas...I hope," again, my voice was muffled.

"Don't worry," she chuckled lightly, "it's just Christmas."

I pulled from her, "It's our first in years," I told her, "I want to be with you."

She shook her head, "Don't fret about it, just do what you have to do to come back, okay?"

I nodded, huffing softly. She leaned up and kissed my lips gently. I smiled against her lips, tasting her cherry chapstick. She pulled away slowly, still smiling, but her lips puckered.

"I love you, Sunny," I bit at my bottom lip; her chapstick still lingering on my lips.

"I love you too, Frankie." 

I felt my heart warm, and I pulled her back into my arms. I nuzzled my head into her neck, and took in her scent; she smelled of pumpkin and cinnamon. I chuckled softly.

"What?" she asked after I pulled my head from her neck.

"You smell like that muffin," I remembered the muffin I had bought her, back when I had tried to mend her and Marilyn's friendship. I smiled at the remembrance, and a gentle smile tugged at her lips.

"How do you remember that?" she asked.

I shrugged, "When I first met you, it was one of the best times of my life. I'll always remember it."

Sunny bit at her lip, trying to hide the massive smile forming. I smiled back, placing my hands on her abdomen, and shaping them around it. I felt a swift kick a second after; her heart was beating fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 3 more days until I see MCR!
It'll be my fifth time, so fucking excited.