‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Sure as Hell

Frank's POV

By the time I was able to see Sunny, it was near New Years, and I had to leave to do a New Years Eve show in New York. Even as I was busy, Sunny didn't seem upset, or show any discomfort of me leaving.

The few days I had with her, I was going to waste all my time and energy in her. When I arrived, she I had never seen so happy to see me. She wrapped her arms around me, and I did her, but her protruding belly kept us some distance apart.

"Not even here yet, and the kid is already a cock-block," Sunny murmured jokingly.

I laughed with her, "You got a mouth on you, babe."

We pulled apart, she took my hand, and pulled me inside. It made me smile how she walked, it was almost like a little waddle, "I'm gonna need you to help me up the stairs," she gave me a little frown.

I nodded, "Sure thing."

Once we managed to conquer the stairs, she pulled me into her room. It was the one place we were always alone, and it was Sunny's solitude. She called it her BatCave.

She sat me in the bed, and then sat beside me. She pulled her arms around me, cradling her head on my shoulder.

"I missed you so much," she murmured, "the baby kicks like crazy whenever you call."

It was a mutual feeling, I must say. My heart kicked around my ribs whenever I thought about Sunny.

"I thought of names," she added softly.

I looked at her, still smiling, "Really? What?"

She gave me a sheepish grin, and unlatched herself from me. She sat fully on her bed, cradled her growing belly, and began to run her fingers up and down her belly.

"If it's a boy, I want to name him after my dad and you. Frank Joseph or Joseph Anthony."

I smiled widely at her, "I like Frank Joseph," I flash a smug grin at her.

"I knew you would," she rolled her eyes playfully at me, "what about girl names?"

"I thought about names from the days of the week...I like Friday...or Wednesday, maybe. Sort of an ode to the Addams Family."

I chuckled at her, all Sunny did was smile back, "That's unusual...but what the hell? I like it."

"I kind of want to incorporate Butcher's name in there, if it's a girl, y'know...or is that too much?" She gave me an unsure glance, chewing at her bottom lip.

I felt unsure about it myself, but whatever made Sunny happy. "Whatever you like," I told her.

"Really? You won't be weirded out by it?" her eyebrow raised slightly.

I shrugged, "Not really...I know how much Butcher means to you."

Sunny gave me the widest smile I had seen in the longest. It made my chest pound back and forth. Seeing her smile always made my heart pound like crazy.

"So...you're the only one who knows the sex. You know if it'll be a Frank Joseph or a Friday or Wednesday Andy."

I nodded, smiling to myself. I didn't want anyone to know, I never repeated the sex to myself. I was the only one, besides the sonogram technician, who knew if I was having a little boy or little girl. The truth made it seem so real. 

"I'm not telling a soul until he or she is here," I leaned forward and kissed Sunny's cheek.

"I don't want to know anyway," she stuck her tongue out at me.

I pecked her cheek again, "Good. It'll be a great surprise."
-

Sunny sat on the couch, while I had my head to her stomach, hearing what sounded like the ocean, and rolling my fingers around her belly. Every so often, the kid would kick, and I felt it. It surprised me each time they did; it amazed me that my child was in there.

Sunny was quietly reading, Catcher In the Rye, and didn't move much. Her stomach was covered by her university sweatshirt, and a black oversized t-shirt underneath. She wore a pair of oversized grey sweats with paint on them. I thought she looked so pretty.

I looked up at her, her face was buried in the book, and I tapped the back of it. She closed it, placing her thumb between the page she was reading and the cover. Her big, bright brown irises looked at me curiously.

"Yeah?" her pretty voice spoke.

"I love you," I told her, breaking out with a big, cheesy grin.

She shook her head, smiling, "I love you too, Frankie."

I leaned back, placing my head on her shoulder, "Y'know, I'm catholic."

She snorted, "So am I, Frank, what's that got to do with anything?"

"If we were both teenagers, in this position, we'd be forced to marry."

She chuckled, "If our parents were strict Catholics."

I kissed the side of her jaw, "All I want is to be married to you," I told her truthfully.

She looked at me; the pools of brown giving me a confused look, "You really want to marry me?" her voice was small.

I nodded, "Yeah." I answered just as softly as her.

"I...I'm still unsure about this Frank." she placed her book beside her.

"We can do a quickie thing, y'know; head to the local chapel, exchange quick vows, and boom! We're Mr. and Mrs. Iero."

She gave a hearty chuckle, "You really want this? Even with me 6 1/2 months along, looking a whale?"

I laughed, rubbing her belly, "You don't look like a whale, love." I pecked her lips.

"You don't want to wait until after the baby is born?" A worried look spread across her face.

I knew what she had meant; to make sure that the baby was indeed mine. I sighed softly, and kissed her again, "Do you want to wait?"
 
"Yes...just until after the baby is born." 

I just nodded again, taking no offense to her no. I didn't want to rush Sunny, and I certainly didn't want her to regret anything she does with me. I guess it was the fear of losing her that makes me impulsive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you be surprised if the baby was Tyler's? I had a dream I wrote it that way and then I got lots of hate email.
Image

(That gif is awesome)