‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

A Freddy

Sunny's POV

The baby was starting to give me some problems, but they weren't major. The baby kicked a lot more, and it was getting a little painful. I didn't want to scare anyone, I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing, so I kept my mouth shut.

The few days that Frank was here, I had kept the short pain from him. I didn't want to worry him; he and Butcher both fussed over me a lot. They both actually fought of where I should sleep; Butcher wanted me to sleep in his room, but Frank fought and said that he could help me up and down the stairs until he left. It was pretty stupid.

Anyway, when Frank left, he told me he didn't know when he'd be back. They were scheduled to do a few more promo stuff, which made me a little angry. I tried to keep a straight head about this; it was his job after all. I guess I wanted normalcy.
-

For New Years, Butcher and Jack took me into town where they were letting off fireworks. We stayed, pigged out, and had a nice time. All the while, the baby continued to kick. I gritted my teeth and put on a huge front for them.

When we got home, I was forced into Butcher's room. I slept in his bed, while he slept on the couch, watching old Kung-Fu movies. I smiled at the thought and tried to sooth my baby; I rolled my fingers across it like Frank does, but it wasn't working.

I hissed softly until the baby calmed down. I pulled the comforter over myself and looked up at the dark ceiling. I shut my eyes and heard Butcher shift outside the door. He knocked twice and opened it, letting the hall light slip into the room.

"Yo, Sunny, are you okay?" his voice carried in.

"Yeah," I murmured softly.

"You sure? I heard you wincing, and I thought I was hearing things."

I looked over at him, "I'm fine," I sort of lied.

"Positive?" he looked over at me, little worried lines formed at his forehead.

"I'm okay, Butcher," I told him softly.

He gave a short sigh, "Alright. I'll be in the living room if you need me."

"Okay."

"Goodnight puffy version of Sunny," I giggled at his reference to Juno.

"Goodnight Butcher." Butcher closed the door, darkening the room once more, and I shut my eyes. I rubbed my stomach until I fell asleep.

My dreams had become a little more vivid as the months had passed. I couldn't really remember them, unless I really thought about them. They were usually filled with my friends, and numerous stupid things we did together.

This dream, however, was more about my baby. I dreamt that I was in the hospital, and there doctors and nurses all around me, and all I could hear was this annoying beeping sound. The nurses and doctors worked around me; not looking nor uttering a word. I had looked around; it was like looking through a fish eye lens.

I remember looking down and not seeing my swollen abdomen. It wasn't protruding, and I was tearing at my hospital gown to get to my stomach. The gown wouldn't cease or move, it was like a continuous sheet of gowns on me. I remember yelling for Butcher and Jack, anyone really, wanting my baby.

I woke up to Butcher shaking me awake, calling my name; "Sunny! Wake up, you're dreaming!"

I shot up, taking in a deep, sharp breath of air. My face, my entire body, was matted with sweat. I opened my eyes, seeing a shirtless Butcher looking terrified at me. I was still taking in heavy, deep breaths, trying to come to life.

"Sunny, it was a dream," Butcher assured me, "slow you're breathing, you're going to hurt yourself."

I swallowed as much air as my lungs allowed, and rubbed the sweat from my eyes. I then dropped my hands to my belly and felt my kid still safely inside. I let out a relief sighed and tried to slow my breathing.

"What happened?" Butcher asked softly; his hands were still at my biceps.

I tried to breath through my nostrils and failed. I took in a deep breath and looked at him, "I had a nightmare...it was just like when I lost Sage."

He gave me a worried look, "It was a dream," he reassured, again.

"I know...but it was so..." I tried to slow my heart as it beat across my chest, "it was almost real."

He wiped my wet forehead, pulling my hair away, "You're fine...just relax, I'm going to get you a water."

Butcher comforted me as I tried to calm myself from that nightmare. It didn't sit right with me, and it made myself worry. He helped me to his bathroom, and left me to bathe.

After I was finished with my bath, he ordered me back into bed and made me chicken noodle soup. The dream was still haunting me in ways; my baby didn't kick as hard anymore, and I had to feel my stomach, just to know that my kid was still inside. My hands had become glued to the protruding home.
-

"Was it a real bad dream?" Frank asked worriedly; he sounded tired, too.

"Yeah...it scared me," I told him, "I was all sweaty when Butcher woke me up. I was screaming his and Jack's names."

"Are you okay? Should you go to the doctor?"

"No," I sighed softly, "I just need to rest and relax more."

He sighed, too, "You worry me, Sunny."

"I'm sorry...don't worry, alright? I'm okay."

He exasperated, "I hate being away. I wish I could take you with me."

I smiled at the thought, "I'm fine here. I have Butcher."

"I know...I wish you had me."

I voice got caught in my throat. I genuinely felt upset that I relied on Butcher so much. I coursed my hair; "Soon enough, I'll have you all the time." I assured him.

"I love you, Sunny," he sighed again.

"I love you, too, Frank."
♠ ♠ ♠
I met Frankie last night! I must rub that in faces, because I never thought I would! He pinched me, which was pretty...awesome? I brought up books, and i recommended Pygmy, but warned him, and Damned, the new Palahniuk book coming out in October. He told me about some Stephen King stuff, but I wasn't listening; he's so freaking cute and his voice is like music to my ears. I couldn't help but stare and nod. I'm such a creep. Then we were forced to go to the front of the venue and wait in line.
I also met Elaine and Tyler from Neon Trees, they were really nice. And now I feel bad for writing all this bad stuff about Tyler; he's so sweet, but honestly, I kind of think he's gay, but I have nothing against it, it's just I didn't expect him to be so flamboyant when I met him. But, I have love for him, and he even let me touch his mohawk.

The title of this story was taken from a story I'm reading called Paper Snowflakes; where the main girl has a nightmare and she calls it a "Freddy"(as in Freddy Kruger). i recommend you check that out, I can't wait until she updates again!