‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Nervous

I hadn't spoken to Tyler yet, and I was quite nervous about seeing him again. I didn't know exactly what to wear, I didn't enjoy clubs like everyone else. But, I knew there would be alcohol, and I was free to choke back as much as I want, I needed to go.

I fumbled with a few clothes, some in the closet from the last time I was here, and decided on a nice, strapless, black cocktail dress. I hadn't dressed up, like this, in a long time, and it was nerve wrecking.

I slipped the dress over my body, zipping it up my back, and stared at myself in the vanity. My Monster was visible, as well as my elephant on the inside of my left bicep, and I didn't want to do my hair up. I left my hair down, pulling half back in a bobby pin, and sat down to do my make-up. 

Make-up was the hardest, I cannot do make-up to save my life. I put on a simple pink blush, a little smoky eyeshadow, and nude lip gloss. I looked like a regular, Hollywood chick; a sight I detested.

"You look nice," mom's voice came into the room.

"Thanks," I smiled at her, "is my eyeshadow too much?"

She shook her head, "It's perfect."

I smiled again, standing, "My dress?"

"Beautiful. Where are you headed?"

"Pete's birthday party, you remember him, right?"

Mom nodded, "The short man?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, him."

"I hope you have fun," she touched my shoulder, "and Frankenstein's monster pops," she added.

"Thanks."

Mom pecked my cheek, left my room and I went to the closet to get some heels. I detested heels as well, women were not made to dawn these shoes, I don't care how cute my feet look in them.

My cell rang as I put them on, they were about 3 inches high, and I grabbed it; it was Brendon.

"Hey, hey, I'm outside," he started.

"Okay, I'll be down in a sec."

"See ya."

I hung up my cell, strapped up my shoes, and grabbed my small clutch, with my money, ID, cigarettes, and now phone, inside. I checked myself in the mirror one more time and left the room.

I hurry down the stairs, passing mom and Chris, "I'll be back at like two."

They both hummed, "Have fun."

"Will do."

I opened the front door, seeing a black SUV at the curb. I heard a loud hoot as I made my way down the porch.

"Lookin' good, Romero!" Brendon called from the driver seat.

I flipped him off and hurried into the backseat. I opened the door and saw Tyler sitting there, with a smile, as he scooted over for me.

"Hey," his dark voice greeted me.

"Hi," I mumbled nervously.

I got in, "Sun-nay, how are you?" Bill asked from the front seat.

"Tired and craving alcohol," I admitted, "yourself?"

"Keen, love," he smiled back at me, "How's The Butcher?"

"Still bossing me around," I told him as Brendon drove off.

"Sounds like Butcher." Bill turned back and I looked over at Tyler.

He had in a nice black vest, a white button up, and black jeans. I gave him a warm smile as he looked over at me.

"How are you, kid?" he asked, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

I felt my skin get warm as he got closer to me, "I'm better."

He nodded, "I would have come over sooner, but I didn't know if I should have."

I shrugged, "You talked to my mom?"

"Yeah, she called me the day before and said you were visiting for the summer."

I shook my head at the thought; my mom had gotten close to Tyler while we were dating. He was perfect, as she described, for me. He's tall, dark, handsome, polite, and speaks fluent Spanish; I think that's the main reason she adores him.

"I missed you, y'know," he added quickly.

I smiled at him, resting my hand on his knee, "I missed you, too, Ty. I really did." He kissed the top of my head, scooting closer to me, "I hope you aren't mad about--"

He cut me off, "I'm not mad, I just missed you."

A guy like Tyler was not made for me, he's too good for me. He is too generous and sweet for words. He always has the best intentions, and cares, way too much, about me. His actions and generosity made me feel 10x worse for leaving him.

He had been nothing less than great to me.

We both sat in silence, me close to his chest, as Brendon turned on the radio, playing some pop song. I took a deep breath, inhaling Tyler's scent. His cologne was second best to the one I had grown accustom to so long before.
-

Tyler linked his fingers with mine as we entered Angels and Kings. We had our picture taken, hugging, and went inside behind Brendon. 

The bass bounced around the small space, making my ears hurt. I was slipping behind Tyler as we made our way through. So many people were dancing and drinking, I knew the scene all too well. We stopped at the bar, Brendon got a few drinks, as did Tyler, but I wasn't allowed to order any for myself; I'm not 21, I have 4 months left.

Tyler leaned down into my ear, "I'm gonna hit the head."

I nodded, "Okay," he pecked my cheek and went off, leaving my hand cold.

I leaned against the bar, watching all the people, and wanting a shot. California is the only place where I craved alcohol. 

I shook my craving off and scanned the crowd. I saw a few faces I knew, and some who were complete strangers. I noticed, near the closed off VIP section, slicked back blond hair. I furrowed my brows as I remembered the jaw line, and then the jaw turned, meeting my gaze.

"Mikey?" I mumbled to myself.

A confused look lit up his face, and then a smile. I quickly looked away, hoping to throw him off, but then, out the corner of my eye, I saw him coming over.

"Shit," I mumbled.

A second later, I felt an arm around my waist, "VIP?" 

I looked up and saw Tyler grinning at me. I sighed, relieved, and pulled him along, "Let's go!" He chuckled and followed as I meshed us through people to get to the VIP section.
The bouncer let us through the rope of the VIP section, an guarded it back as we went through. I could smell desserts and wine through the short hallway. Tyler hung close as I marched us down it.

"What's the rush?" he asked once we entered the full view of the full tables of people and our friends cheering, singing and drinking.

"I don't know," I lied quickly.

He pulled me to the side area, reserved for people smoking, "You alright, baby doll?" he cornered me against the wall, not purposely.

I shrugged, feeling nervous, "I'm...I'm nervous."

He smiled, "About what?"

"Being with you," I lied, again. I hate lying to Tyler.

He leaned down, his warm breath hitting my cheek, "Don't get so worked up," he planted two swift kisses on my jaw, "you're almost shaking."

I tugged at my lip with my teeth, a habit I had grown more accustom to, "I'm sorry."

He kissed my jaw again, "Don't be sorry, Sunny." he peered over at me, his dark green eyes matching mine, "I love you."

My heart rush a little, giving me a queasy feeling in my gut. It was more a desire than a love feeling.

"I love you, too," this wasn't a lie, but I didn't mean it as deeply as I should have.

He smiled at me, leaning closer and pressing his lips to mine. Out of everything I loved, or knew, about Tyler, it was that he is an amazing kisser. He loves kissing, more than sex, it gets him off; I found this undyingly adorable.

His hands landed in my hips, the heat from his palms caused me more desire and want. I wrapped my arms, lazily, around his neck and deepen our kiss. He chuckled softly, returning the love and tracing his tongue along the bottom of my mouth. I opened my mouth, making us a mess of lips, teeth, and sticky lip gloss. I moaned softly, his hands landed on my backside, squeezing gently.

A hardy cough broke us, "Excuse me." We pulled apart, feeling slightly embarrassed. We looked to our left and saw Pete, "You guys done?" he gave us a grin.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, Peter."

He clasped his hands, "Good, because I have a few friends I'd like you to meet."

Tyler took my hand, "Cool."

"Clean up your faces, though," I pointed to the unisex bathroom, "and hurry to the last table." We nodded and turned our heel to the bathroom.

Tyler let me through first and followed behind. I looked into the massive mirror and noticed how swollen my lips were, I grew red at the sight.

"I love when you blush," Tyler leaned into the mirror, grinning and rubbing the sticky lip gloss off.

"Shoot, I left my gloss in the car," I frowned.

"You left your whole little purse there," he ran the water a little, to clean his lips.

"Dammit," I cleaned my lips, too.

"You look good either way, lovely." 

My face grew red again, Tyler had that charm, "Thanks."

He turned the water off and looked down at me, "Let's go before he thinks we're doing something gross."

"I wish we were," I joked taking his hand.

"Wait until tonight," he pecked my cheek and opened the door.

I shook my head at him, and followed out the door. We walked pass the empty smoking area and towards were everyone was. As we approach I saw Pete stand and smile over at me.

"I see no one is reproducing," he joked at me.

"Shut it, boy," I smirked at him.

"I'm kidding, Sun," we turned to the group, and I quickly scanned it. My eyes landed, dead, on two people, "Guys, this is Sunny."

Mikey Way and Frank Iero looked up at me. One smiling, the other scanning my body.

"Long time no see!" Mikey grinned.

I don't know the expression I was making, but it wasn't a pleased one, "H-hi," I stammered.

How was I going to get out of this one?
♠ ♠ ♠
It was so hard for me to write their reunion, and not make it seem to cheesy or predictable.