‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Uncomfortable

January brought nothing but more rain, sleepless nights, and in and out visits from Frank. It took some adjusting to his coming and goings, but it was taking a toll on me. The baby kicked a lot more, the monthly visit to the doctor relayed nothing but for me to stay off my feet and to relax.

Relax has been the key word in this whole situation. I couldn't do it evenly enough to where the baby was okay. Relaxing involved me lying down and rubbing my belly, but the baby would shift a lot, making me uncomfortable.

The beginning of February is when Frank was really gone. The U.K. is where the guys spent the majority of their time. He would call everyday; morning, noon and night, to make sure I was okay. And I was, on the surface.

Butcher tried his damnedest to keep me comfortable, and hated leaving me alone. He spent most of the time cooking for me, and rubbing my stomach. It was weird at first, but we both got comfortable with it.

"You shouldn't be weirded out," I had told him, "this kid will be your godchild in a month."

He just laughed, giving me a wide grin, "Yeah, I know."

The baby was due in the middle of March, between the 12th and the 16th. The doctor was shooting for the 14th, and I was counting the days. I wanted my baby here, in the flesh, so everyone could stop worrying.
-

When the second week rolled around, my mom flew in to help take care of me. She also wanted to be there for the birth. Butcher, along with the rest of TAI, had started to record more music, and he had to be away a lot more. It was like he was pulling a Frank on me. I tried not to care, y'know, I don't want to come between what they love to do.

Mom is okay, she and I bonded over the whole birthing experience, and she even tried to rub my stomach like Butcher and Frank; it worked, a little. She and I talked a lot more, and we finally got the rocking chair for the nursery; Butcher and Bill had to take it upstairs though. I was alright with having her around; I had forgotten how much I missed her.

It was a day before Valentine's Day when Meghan came to visit. She was the one I had missed the most out of all my friends; the second being Sisky, but pregnancy freaked him out. 

"Wow, you're a lot bigger and shorter than I remember," she shook my dark hair; it had lost all it's pretty purpleness.

"Thanks," I mumbled as she sat beside me on the couch, "what're you doing here?" I asked her.

"Well, I have a itty bitty surprise for you," she grinned sideways at me, "but it doesn't get here until tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes, "It must be a little short man by the name of Frankie, right?" 

She shook her head, "Nope. Slick back blonde with awkward knees," she chuckled, "the short man won't be here until the 15th. He sends his love."

I huffed softly, "And he couldn't call me because?"

"Their phones were confiscated at some airport, and Frank and Ray had to stay to do some radio interview." Meghan shrugged, "But Mikey and Gerard are coming later!"

I smiled at her, "It's alright, I kind of miss Gee."
-

All day, the next morning, I felt sharp pains up and down my back and pelvic area. It wasn't as bad as the kicks, but they hurt. It was getting bad enough that I thought about telling my mom. I decided against it, because I didn't want to worry her either.

Mikey and Gee arrived the next day, in the middle of the afternoon; while Meghan and I were having a deep discussion on Captain America and Aquaman; who was more important. I was happy to see them; the pains I had been feeling were subsiding. I hugged Gee first, as best I could.

"You look so weird," he said smiling, "little and big at the same time."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, gee thanks."

I hugged Mikey, "You look beautiful, kid," he told me with a smile.

"Thank you, Mike." I pulled from them, "So when--" I was cut off by a harsh pain shooting down my back, "Ow!"

"Sunny, you alright?" Meghan put her hand on my back. 

Gerard put his hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?" he sounded scared.

"I'm okay," I mumbled, wincing slightly.

"Maybe you should sit down," Meghan helped me back on the couch, "want me to get your mom?" she asked.

"No, I'm fine." I sat on the couch and held my stomach firmly; as if I were warning my kid.

"I'll get you some water," Meghan said before she rushed off to the kitchen.

"Are you sure you aren't in labor?" Gerard asked next, "I can tell."

I shook my head, "No, the baby isn't due for another month."

Meghan handed me a glass of water and I took a sip. Gerard gave me an uneasy look, Mikey looked frighten, and Meghan tweak her lips, looking scared, too. I sighed heavily as the baby kicked again, this time harder. I leaned forward, and held myself again.

"You need to get to a hospital," Gerard stated.

I took deep breaths as the pains started again, and this time, I didn't disagree with him; "Okay, help me up."

Gerard and Mikey each took my hands and helped me off the couch. I leaned on Gerard for support and I squeezed my eyes shut and started breathing deeply. 

"Sunny?" they all nearly asked.

"Oh..." I groaned and dropped the glass. 

The sound of the broken glass and splash made me open my eyes. The water puddled 
on Gerard's shoes, "I'm sorry," I muttered; the pain shot through me and I moaned, "Ow!"

"Sunny?" I heard my mom.

"I think he's coming," Mikey said to her.

"What?" another crippling pain shot through my pelvis and back, "Ow!"

"Someone call the hospital!" 
♠ ♠ ♠
The baby is coming soon!
Hints of the sex are coming in the next update. And I did flip a coin.