‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Content

Sunny's POV

I don't remember feeling a thing when my son was born. I remembered yelling for Frank, and crying, but not much else. I don't remember if my son cried, but I remembered Butcher telling me it was a little boy.

The doctors and nurses told me the baby had pneumonia, and had a slow heart rate. They had feared he would die. That scared me to the point of tears. I could have killed my son; the only one I have been waiting forever for.

When Frank showed up, it seemed as if God put a nice ray of light in my life. I knew that since he was here, our son would be okay. I knew that everything would finally be alright.

When I saw Joey for the first time; the nurses had shown him to me a couple hours after he got out of surgery, I knew he was Frank's. He has a mess of dark hair, massive eyes that practically took up his entire upper face, and that narrow nose like Frank's. My heart skipped when I laid eyes on him.

Frank and I created something so beautiful.
-

After Frank left, Butcher came in to see me. His short sandy brown hair was a mess, his eyes were heavy and he looked tired. I smiled as he came over to me.

"How is the baby?" he asked, sitting at the edge of my bed.

"He's fine. We named him."

Butcher smiled, "What'd you guys pick?"

"Frank Joseph Iero; we're calling him Joey, so no one will get confused," Butcher chuckled.

"That's cool, I can't wait until you bring him home."

I nodded, "Me too. I'm playing the Ramones for him, and maybe Black Flag."

"He looks just like Frank," he noted quietly, "I almost laughed."

I raised my brow, "Why?"

"It looked as if Frank gave birth to him."

I laughed at him, "Shut up!"

He laughed too, "He does. That kid got nothing from you."

I smiled, "I'm glad...some little girl will be smitten by the Iero looks one day."

Butcher rolled his eyes, "Yeah, tell me about it."

"I can't wait until he'll be able to walk, talk and pick things up on his own," I looked at Butcher, "I'm so excited, Butch."

He smiled at me, placing a hand on my shoulder, squeezing gently, "Me too."

I sighed happily, "Gosh, it seems like forever ago that I was a dorky kid without a future," I told him sheepishly, "my life flipped so much since I met Frank...and you and Jack."

He dropped his hand, "Better or worse?"

I shrugged, "A little bit of both...but I'm glad it happened, y'know? If I hadn't gone through all this I wouldn't appreciate you all as much as I do."

He nodded, "I told you Sunny."

"I got a really good looking kid out of this mess, too," I chuckled, "a great boyfriend. Amazing friends," I pinched his cheek, "I'm content and happy now. I don't think anything could change how I feel."
-

Over the next week, I was able to go home, but Joey wasn't. He was still recovering, and until he was fully healthy he'd be staying in the hospital. It was alright, though, everyone got to see him in the maternity ward.

When I say everyone, I mean everyone.

My mom and Chris showed up, as did Gabe, Bill, Carden, Sisky, Chizzy, Meghan, Mikey, Ray, Gerard and his wife Lindsey; it was overwhelming. And they all said the same thing: Joey was a splitting image of Frank. No, I didn't take offense, I thought it was really cute, actually.

As for Joey, he was growing stronger everyday. I got to hold him a few times, feeding him and cradling him until he fell asleep. He didn't have the tubes in him all the time, but at night he had a breathing machine. The doctors said he would most likely have asthma. I didn't care, as long he was alright, living, and happy.

At times, he would just stare up at me when I fed him. His massive brown eyes bore into mine, I always wondered what he was thinking, and if he knew I was his mommy. I think he did, because he would cry when the nurses took him from me. He knows Frank, too, because he stares at him the most; he wouldn't blink for minutes when Frank was in the room. Joey always wrapped his fingers around one of Frank's whenever he held him; it's the cutest sight on the planet.

Frank is a sucker for Joey, too. He can't get enough of him. He takes pictures of him on his phone, and shows everyone. He gets choked up when Joey falls asleep in his arms.

I really can't explain the love they have for one another; if Joey can even formulate that. I know once he grows up, he and Frank will be attached at the hip. That thought makes me the happiest.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's fucking Friday, thank you Jesus! I'm home from school, and I must say that i was extremely excited to come home and update. Mama Bear picked me up, so we came straight here, then we're heading out to hang out before she starts her all-nighter. I think I might update again tonight, just because this one seems so short. I hope you guys liked it; the next chapter is gonna have some big messy fighting!
For now, look at Frankie :D

Image
(it's saved on my computer as "Fuck")