‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Stupid

When Frank brought me home, I saw Tyler outside, sitting on the stone steps. I sighed heavily as Frank parked in the drive way; he just looked over at me.

"What the fuck does he want?" Frank asked heatedly.

"Don't act stupid," I told him sourly.

He smirked at me, "I'm not."

I knew there'd be some angry words exchanged, and I didn't put it past them. I didn't want them to start fighting. I only wanted Tyler to leave, and for Frank to come into the house with me.

"What're you doing here?" Frank spat at him.

"To talk to Sunny," he grimaced at Frank.

I opened my mouth, "I--"

Frank cut me off, "Fuck you, you aren't talking to her."

"Frank, come--"

Again, "No. He's been stressing you out! Fuck him!"

"She can talk to me if she wants," Tyler told him angrily.

"After what you said today, you're lucky if you'll ever see her again."

I sighed, looking at Frank, and squeezing his hand. He looked down at me, anger plastered across his face; "Tyler, just go."

"Not until we talk," he gave me a stern look.

"She said go," Frank let go of my hand and stood in front of me.

My heart beat against my heaving chest as they stared off. Frank kept a hand at my abdomen, to keep me back, so I couldn't stop them. I swallowed the worry lump growing and pushed Frank's hand away.

"Stop it, alright? Knock this off." I stood at Frank's side, "All of this is stupid. We're adults, act like it."

They both continued to stare at one another; grimacing and snarling. I pulled Frank aside, his eyes darted down to me, and gave me a look; "Knock it off." I told him.

He snarled at Tyler again, and then spit at his feet. Obviously, Tyler didn't like that, because he pushed Frank as hard as he could. Frank stumbled, knocking me on my butt, but he stayed up. I watched, helplessly, as he pulled his arm back and hit Tyler. I jumped to my feet and grabbed Frank, pulling him with all my might, pushing him to the side. Tyler held his jaw, ready to swing, but stopped when he noticed I was in Frank's place.

"Stop it!" I yelled at him, "This is so stupid!"

"Get out the way, Sunny, before I hurt you!" Tyler pushed me aside and went after Frank.

I hurried behind him and grabbed at his arms. It was useless, he was stronger than me, and tore from my grip. He and Frank started to swing at each other. I heart raced as I watched; I didn't know what to do.

"What the hell!?" I finally heard someone yell. It was Mikey and Butcher. They both ran over and began pulling at them; I held my mouth, watching them pry Frank and Tyler apart.

Tyler had, had Frank on the ground, punching him. Butcher had pulled him away, and held his arms behind his back. Mikey helped Frank up; Frank's lip was bloodied, his cheek was cut, and he was clutching his right eye.

I rushed over to Frank, whom was groaning, out of anger, and holding his face still. I put my hand to his, but he winced away. I turned back to see Tyler fighting away from Butcher, and finally broke free. My stomach twisted grossly as he walked over to me; Butcher was following behind.

"Get over here!" Tyler yelled at me.

"Fuck you!" I yelled back, "What's wrong with you?"

"If you would just fucking talk to me, none of this would be happening!"

I felt my heart beat erratically; I truly wanted to hit him. I wanted to choke him! All I forced myself to do was clench my fist and groan loudly.

I turned back to Frank, who was now rubbing his jaw, "Go inside, Frank," I told him softly, "get ice for your eye, please."

Frank gave me a look, "Hell no. If you're staying out here with him, then so am I."

I exasperated, "Just go inside!"

He frowned at me, but then nodded. He and Mikey watched us as they went into the house. Butcher lingered for a moment, giving me a look, too. I nodded and he followed inside.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked Tyler, who was now a few feet from me, "Are you an idiot? Are you stupid?"

His nostrils flared, "Why the fuck are you defending him?"

"Because you hit him!"

"All you care about is that asshole! Ever since he came around, you're Mary Fucking Sunshine!"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What? He's my boyfriend, I love him!"

"He's all you fucking care about! Frank this, Frank that! What happened to us?" he stepped closer, "It's like everything we went through never existed."

I crossed my arms, "Can we please step into the present?" I asked sarcastically, "Who gives a shit about what happened! We are living in 2011 now. And I thanked you for everything, Tyler, and I told you how much Frank means to me, but you can't seem to grasp it! What we had is gone, okay? Can you understand?"

He furrowed his brows, "No, I cant, because it's bullshit!"

"Why? Why is it bullshit?"

"Because, you almost went crazy, remember? All those pills, doctors visits, it was all because of him! You forgive him so goddamn easily! How do you know he won't put you through that again?"

I sighed heavily, dropping my arms, "I trust him."

He shook his head at me, "You're really stupid, Sunny."

I shrugged, "If you say so."

He gave me a hard look and turned his heel. I didn't watch him walk away, I just stood there, looking at the grass for a moment, and then I went inside.
-

Frank was lying in my bed, a bag of ice on his cheek, and a butterfly bandage on the apple of his cheek. I climbed into bed, beside him and sat up; "How's your eye?"

"It's cool," He mumbled, "it just stings," he lifted the bag from his eye.

I winced at the sight; it was forming a blotchy black and purple, "Do you want a kiss?" I told him seriously.

He chuckled, "I'm fine."

I laid beside him and started to kiss his cheek. I placed soft, warm kisses up his jaw and down his cheek, eventually getting to his lips. He moaned slightly and pulled away, "Baby, please."

"What?" I asked, kissing his chin.

"Why do you keep kissing me?" he put the bag over his eye.

"Because I love you," I told him, I pulled the bag back off and placed a warm kiss there, "and I'm sorry that he hit you."

Frank exasperated, putting the bag on the floor beside my bed, "It was a cheap shot," he mumbled after.

I put my hand up to his eye, running my thumb under the lid, "I'm sorry."

"Stop saying sorry."

"Well, I am," I told him quietly, "it's my fault--"

He cut me off, "None of it's your fault. He can't control his anger...and neither can I."

I kissed his lips, "I love you."

He put his hand to my jaw, his thumb hooking onto my lip, "I love you, too."

Frank pulled me close to him, wrapping our arms around each other. His hands landed on my hips and brought me closer to his body. I nuzzled my head into his chest, he placed a soft kiss on my forehead, and kept his lips there until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
What'd you think?

And there is officially 2 chapters left!

Have some Frankie :D
Image