God Made Friends So Everyone Wouldn't Kill Themselves

Chapter 11

When the bell rang, I sprinted out the door and through the halls to my locker. I grabbed my lunch. I practically ran to the lunch room; I was trying to get there first and look like I've been waitng forever for Trevor. But when I got there, at one of the tables there he was, already starting on his sandwich. When I walked over he looked up.

"Hey! I was starting to wonder you were going to come. I thought you got called to the office again." He motioned for me to sit down. "Hey, by the way, why did you have to leave on Friday?"

I plopped down next to him. My stomach started to hurt. I looked down at my lunch. I wasn't hungary anymore. "Oh. Nothing." Tears started building up. I didn't want him to see me cry, so I got up and ran for the door.

"Sam, wait!" He ran up behind me and grabbed my hand. Now the tears were streaming down my face. We were in the hallway, so no one was around. "Did I say something?"

I turned around to look at him. His beautiful eyes were pleading, wondering why he got me this way.

I had to tell him. "On Friday, my brother, Andy, got-got- shot. He, di-didn't make it. And the last thing I did to him was, was, flip him off!" I was sobbing. He came toward me and held me. His warm body was comforting.

"Shh... shh... it's okay." He tried to calm me. Soon I was just sniffeling. I let go of him, but then I wished I hadn't. "Are you alright now?" He wondered.

I nodded.

"Can you go through the rest of the day?" He sked.

"I don't want to." I replied. I couldn't imagine going back to class acting like nothing had happened.

He smiled and took my hand. "Ok, then. Follow me. But we have to keep quiet." We creeped through the halls, which were luckily deserted. After we got outside, we walked into town. We got on a bus, though not knowing where we were going to go. But I had enough money to pay for a bus trip back.

On the way, I got surprisingly tired. I rested my head on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't care. But just to make sure, I asked, "Do you mind?"

He laughed. "No. Do you mind if I put my head on yours?"

I felt happy. "Not at all."