God Made Friends So Everyone Wouldn't Kill Themselves

Chapter 17

It's been a month since I met Trevor. And my parents are freaking out. They always think I'm by myself, but I'm not. I'm with Trevor. They are paranoid about where I'm going, when I'm going, and who I'm with. I hate lying to my parents. At first I liked it; the feeling of being free and in-control of my own life. But lately I've been feeling really guilty. My parents used to trust me, but now they're always suspicious. But what I don't get is how I'm never caught sneaking out of my room at night, coming home hours later than I said I'd be home, and being on the phone for an hour without my parents wondering who the fuck I'm talking to if I don't have any close friends. I guess they are just a little clueless. Though they still hesitate when letting me go out. I guess I could keep this up and get away with it, but I just wish I didn't have to lie to my parents anymore.

Okay. I have decided to introduce Trevor to my parents. Or, in better words, introduce my parents to Trevor(because Trevor already knows so much shit about my parents). I won't make him stay for dinner(that would be torture for the both of us), I'll just show my parents my "new" friend. And, if this goes well, they will stop bugging the crap out of me whenever I leave the house.

It was a Monday after school. I chose Monday to make introductions because Monday happened to be both of my parents' favorite day of the week. They seemed to be the most relaxed and calm on Mondays. I just hoped they stayed that way.

I was about to walk through the door with Trevor when I heard a crash from inside.

"Carla! I told you not to!" I heard my dad yell.

I panicked, grabbed my keys out of my pocket and jabbed the right key into the doorknob. "Um, Trevor, ah, just stay out here,"
I practically fell through the doorway because my dad yanked it open on his side.

"Sam!" He was breathing hard and seemed anxious. It was obvious he had been fighting with my mother, Carla. "What-who is this?" He was talking about Trevor.

"Oh, um, this is my friend, Trevor. I was going to introduce him to you and mom, but, um, is this not a good time?" I asked cautiously.

"No, Samantha. It isn't. I just, I just need time to think. Tell your mother I'll be home in a couple hours." He turned on his heel and rushed to his car. Seconds later he was out of sight, speeding down the road.

I peeked inside. I saw my mom holding a bundle of pictures in picture frames, squating down trying to pick up shards of glass that had fallen on the ground. That was what made the sound.

"Hey, Trev, um, this really isn't a good time. I'm sorry you had to see my dad like that, you probably think this happens on a daily basis." I stated, feeling my cheeks blush.

"No. It's fine. To tell you truth, this happens alot at my house, too." He looked at his watch and pulled me into a hug. "Well, I actually have to get home, too. Call me tonight, ok?"

"I will after I deal with my mom." He gave me a quick kiss and started down the walk. I watched him go, and when I couldn't see him anymore turned around to face the open door. That sounds cliche, but I seriously did face an open door. And now I had to walk through it and find out what happened with my furious dad and my dramatic mom. Well, this was going to take a while...