God Made Friends So Everyone Wouldn't Kill Themselves

Chapter 19

It was Thursday night. The night when Trevor got to come over for dinner. Yes. It was unbearable.

The steak was truely horrible. I literally gagged when I took my first bite. I glanced over to Trevor to see how he was reacting to the food. He was smiling but I could tell he was just trying to hide how he really felt about the food. My mom was buzzing around, in and out of the kitchen, always going back because she forgot something. My mother forgets things when she's nervous. So guess what, she was nervous.

My dad just sat there at the other end of the table solemnly. He hadn't said ten words in the past couple days. My mother could tell he was mad and just ingored him. Actually, very late every night since Monday I could hear my dad in the living room pulling out the couch for a bed. Yup, just as I thought. They were going to get a divorce.

The rest of the meal was my mother asking Trevor terribly embarrassing questions. "So, Trevor, have you ever considered doing anything immorally imapropriate with my daughter?" When she asked this I nearly threw up. And Trevor snorted. And my dad rolled his eyes.

"No, Mrs. Mayson. I respect your daughter in every way possible. I wouldn't want to put her or myself in danger," Trevor shook his head, purposely trying to get his hair in front of his eyes. But it only covered half of his face.

My mother smiled. "Good answer, Trevor." What the hell? She was acting as if she were a teacher giving a pop quiz to a class! God, how worse could this get?

* * * * * * * *

Finally. The end of the night. I was walking Trevor home with my mom's permission, she probably trusted him now. That was the only good part of the night. Now I wouldn't have to sneak out of the house. I could just tell her that Trevor and I were going somewhere and she'd approve. Hopefully.

We were bumping into eachother because we couldn't see strait. The tears that formed from laughing had temporarily blinded both of us. We couldn't stop cracking up at the things my mother said that night. Maybe the night wasn't as bad as I thought I would be.

When we got to his house we stood outside his door for a while just talking and laughing. But then we saw a light turn on from one of the neighbor's houses. "Shattap!!! I'm trying to sleep! Stupid kids." When the light turned off we cracked up in eachother's shoulders, trying to muffle our laughter.

"Okay, Sam. I really gotta go." He held the back of the neck and we kissed for a few moments. I came up for air and he said, "Your mom is hilarious."

I laughed quietly. "Yeah, thanks," I said sarcastically. He smiled. "Well, I'll see you tommorrow. Want me to come over before school so we can walk together?"

"Yeah, sure. But you can't stay long, or my mom might make you stay home from school for further interrogation," I smirked.

"Haha. Don't worry, We'll make it quick. One last kiss?" He asked. I leaned in and he smiled against my lips.

"Alright, Trev. Seriously. I'll see you tommorrow." I started down the sidewalk and waved goodbye.