God Made Friends So Everyone Wouldn't Kill Themselves

Chapter 6

I started to sobb. I got on my bed, staining my white sheets with blood and tears. I lied there for about an hour, just crying, thinking about how stupid I was. That's always how it ends. In movies, books, or whatever, someone always does what I did. They get mad at the person, and think they'll say sorry later. But then that person passes, and they never got to hear that sorry.

A couple minutes later, my dad called. I werily picked up the phone by my bed.

"Sam, Honey, are you there?"

"Ya dad, I'm here." I sniffled.

"Sweetie, The Jacobs are going to come and pick us up here at the hospital. So you don't have to do it."

"Wait, who are the Jocobs?" I asked. I was still dazed, I could barely think.

"You know the Jacobs. The neighbors?"

"Oh yeah." I remembered Andy saying that he was going to over to the Jacobs to play with there son yesterday. Well, he didn't get to.

"I have to go. I love you, Sam." My dad said. Wow, the last time I heard him say that to me was 2 weeks ago.

"Ya, dad. Bye." I relpied. I wasn't ready to say "I love you, too," to him.

I decided that I should clean up the mess I made, or my parents would have death and insanity on their minds. So I put all my clothes back, put my sheets in the wash and took a shower. Everytime I passed my brother's room in the hall way, I would look away. But after I cleaned up, I couldn't resist it. His door was half open, revealing his blue room. I walked inside, noticing dirty clothes, baseballs, and sheets of paper spread across the floor. I sat down on his unmade bed, and I could feel his presence in the room. It was wierd, because I knew that not even 24 hours ago, Andy lied in this same bed. I pulled the covers out, got under them, and was soon asleep.