Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Prolouge

Prologue
Parker's POV

I live in a world that is very much the same as yours. I know that for sure because we learn about your "Earth" in our school. No, we are not some creepy green aliens who want to invade your planet and impose our fabulousness on all of you. It is purely for observation purposes, I assume and it really is of no importance to the story I am about to tell you, so you might as well forget all about it.

Our people are like yours, so much that when our people want an adventure they go to your planet to learn your language and see if they fit in.

There is one thing that sets us apart from you though. (Other than our obvious charm and good looks. ) We are what you call Were-animals, or shape-shifters. You most commonly think of bloodthirsty wolves who kill everything they come across. They, of course, fail to see the fluffy, hopping were-bunnies and the tiny, twittering were-canaries.

Yeah, so what if that's a little odd? Not all people can completely change. Some sparrows can only grow wings, or cats that have the nails, tails, and cute little cat ears. These people are considered less than the full shape-shifters because they are not as powerful.

Then, there are those that just have the essence of their animal. For example, a were-jaguar who can only run fast. These are the bottom of society. Don't even ask me about the…Well, for lack of better word, mistakes, that have no powers. They go to your world where they will fit in better.

Have you noticed that I say "fit in" a lot? Nope? Just me, huh? I bring it up because our world (Let's just call it Earth 2.0 because although we have a name for it, the sounds in the name do not translate into your language.) much like your world, is obsessed with fitting in. No one wants to be left out, or to be abnormal when everyone really is different or does stand out. Even if you are the most "popular" (And I use that word with distaste.) you stand out just for being popular. I stand out, but not for a reason as fun and comfortable as my social status. I stand out because in a homophobic world, I am gay.

Enough about me. More you need to know about Earth 2.0:

1. It is a monarchy. There is a family of very powerful, clever shape-shifters. They are not well-known. For the most part, it is not necessary to know them because the only one of any importance is the eldest. That one currently has seven children, 42 grandchildren, 117 great-grandchildren, 23 great-great-grandchildren, and fourteen great-great-great grandchildren.
2. As you might have guessed, the third kind are immortal, or more accurately we have the capacity to live forever. We can be killed just as easily as you. (Perhaps explaining the sudden drop between great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren. Our people are a little too willing to throw our lives away. Thrill-seekers. ) We usually quit aging between sixteen and twenty. It is unfortunate, as you might guess when people age before, or after that. (Imagine living forever as eight or 83. >.<) It is very rare though.

3. We don't get sick often. If we get sick, our immune systems go to hell and we usually die. Thankfully, nothing that makes us sick is contagious.

4. Earth 2.0 is almost identical to your earth. Down to the islands. If you were to end up on our planet you would think that everyone was weird, but you could go back to the exact place you lived and it would have almost the same surroundings. For example, in Washington it would still be cold and wet and nasty. Yes, I know I suck at explaining, so I'm like an eighth grade Science class and I give examples.

5. We have all the technology you do, plus whatever we've invented. We tweak your inventions to make them more useful to us. That is what our world is based on. Having a carbon copy of yours, except we change it to make it, what we think is perfect.

Well, that pretty much covers everything. If you have any questions, feel free to call me up. Yeah, right. If your phone had such an amazing cell coverage, I would steal it. Plus, you're probably freaked out by my, um, fairy-ness? This is my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like I said, I originally wrote this on Quizilla. Just in case it's familliar.

Comment&Suscribe!