Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
(Parker's POV)

Me and Ainsley were being stupid, throwing flour at each other. It was Thanksgiving weekend and we were trying to make a pumpkin pie. We were failing miserably and had already burned three pies. This didn't damper Ainsley's spirit at all. In fact, he seemed even happier than when we started.

I couldn't help, but laugh as he shot me a lopsided grin and tried to shake that flour out of his hair. He laughed along with me. He picked me up and swung me onto the counter. I squealed, happily.

Ainsley pressed his lips against mine, ignoring the door when it slammed open. It was probably Kels or Kasey, who never did learn to knock before coming in. This wasn't something they hadn't seen before anyway.

We did stop when we heard a loud, obnoxious whistle. Ainsley spun around, most likely planning to cuss Kasey out since he was the only one who would do that. I think Kasey liked making me blush way too much.

Ainsley froze. I peeked out from behind Ainsley to see what was bothering him. In front of me were the shape-shifters from forever ago.

I whimpered and pressed against Ainsley. It was at this moment that I remembered that I had forgotten to ask Ainsley who they were. I'd never told Kels, Kasey, or Val either. Kels would probably make me start carrying a rape whistle around. I'm not even joking. She's seriously that evil.

"What are you doing here?" Ainsley snarled, acid coating his voice.

"What? No hi from my baby brother?" the former lion said, sarcastically.

What? Baby brother? Well, that explains things. I wrapped my arms around his waist and glared at the people in front of us. "G-go a-away," I whispered to them.

"Aww! He's still cute!" Jamie squealed, pointing at me.

I huffed when I saw Ainsley smirk.

"Jamie. Focus, idiot." The lynx sounded exasperated.

"You could introduce us," the lion prompted.

"I don't see the point since you'll be leaving."

"Seeing as I'm a good brother, I'm going to ignore that. We came all the way down here to tell you something important," the lion teased.

"What is it then?" Ainsley was starting to lose his temper.

I patted him, reassuringly on the arm.

His brother just stood there, tauntingly. "FINE! Parker, this bastard (He pointed at his brother.) is Ashton, this one (the lynx) is Crowe, that one (the wolf) is Blaze, and the hyperactive one is Jamie."

I smirked at how irritated Ainsley was getting.

"Good. Maybe something to eat?" I could tell he was trying (and succeeding) at pissing Ainsley off. Parker to the rescue! I ran over to the counter, grabbed our half-finished pie, and chucked it at Ashton. It hit him square in the face and me and Ainsley about passed out; we were laughing so hard.

Ashton looked at me in shock. "What in the hell was that!"

I sank to the ground, clutching my sides.

Jamie chuckled, nervously. "It was nice knowing you, little birdie," he told me.

Ashton was glowering at me. "At least you won't have to deal with him after today, Ainsley," he snapped.

Now, why did that sound ominous? I calmed down really fast after that. "W-w-what d-do y-y-you mean?" I whispered, not wanting to hear the answer.

Thankfully, this comment was postponed because our friends piled into the house, yelling and pushing each other. They stopped dead when they saw our little scene in the kitchen.

"W-what's going on?" Kasey asked, nervously.

"Our parents are coming to get you," Ashton said, dramatically. "There's been some problems with the-" He use a very dirty word for the not complete transformers. "-And now we all have to go back to the house. We've got to go. They don't know we're here and would kill us if they knew we'd warned you. Later, little brother," he said and left.

Ainsley looked like he was going to faint. I let him lean on me while he whimpered over and over, "I don't understand. How could they know?"

I didn't understand what was going on either. All I knew was the person I love is upset and I have to help him. "It'll be okay," I comforted him.

"No it won't. They didn't kick me out. I ran away. They were going to send me to make me stay there forever. I CAN"T go back," he murmured.

Kelsey wrapped her arms around him, like I was. "You'll be okay. Where's this house at? We'll break you out," Kels offered.

"It's a horrible place my family has lived in for centuries and I've no idea where it is. That's kind of the point of it. No one can find it."

"I'll come with you then," I told him.

"Me too!" everyone else chorused. "Wait…Do I need a disguise?" Kelsey asked. "I should probably know that because I might want to get something so I can tape my boobs down. I will disguise myself as a boy!"

Ainsley snorted. "No, you really can't go."

"Can I?" I asked, quietly.

"No. It's just the shape-shifters in my family have some enemies and need a place to live safely. Since so many of the people are like a thousand years old, they have old fashioned values, so they'd be asses to you."

"Okay. I'm going then," I murmured.

"Were you not listening?" Ainsley asked in disbelief.

"I listened. I just don't care."

Val nodded. "You should go, Parker. I'll even pay for your plane ticket if you want, or whatever to get you there."

"Us too," Kasey said, pointing to himself and Kels, who was looking thrilled that she wasn't going to have to pretend to be a boy. Kasey rolled his eyes, muttering about stupid sisters. We all laughed at him.

There was a cold, business-like knock at the door. Seeing Ainsley's terrified look, I decided to man up and get the door. In front of me stood a middle aged man with short, neatly trimmed black hair and a woman with Ainsley's reddish hair, which was pulled into a tight bun. Both were wearing gray business suits and icy expressions. "C-come in," I stuttered.

They pushed past me, tossing their trench coats at me. I caught them, looking after them in shock. Sheesh. This is my house and I don't want you here. Go away. I stomped into the kitchen where Ainsley's parents were already sending him to get his things. Everyone else was tearfully hugging him good-bye.

I looked at Kels, questioningly. She shot me a smirk through her tears and glanced at his parents. I understood now. If Ainsley's parents knew I was coming too, then they would just send him to some expensive, isolated place where I would never be able to see him. He walked to his room and I to mine. If I was going to come too, I would need to follow. I threw all my shit into a suitcase and threw it out the window, thankful that Ainsley was taking forever to pack. I ran down the street to see Val's crappy, broken down car.

Everyone was already waiting for m. We watched Ainsley and his parents get into an expensive black car. It was ridiculously easy to follow the car since it's tires were worth as much as most of the cars here. They couldn't really know if anyone was following either because there was really only one road. This didn't crush Kels mood, though. She was humming the Mission Impossible theme song until Kasey tried to beat her with his shoes. (I'm pretty sure there's mold growing out of those disgusting old things. Kasey hates to shop and usually gets thrown out of stores for shopping cart races, or harassing the employees.) She screamed, scaring Val, and gagged. I don’t think she was joking about how bad Kasey's shoes smell. They're really horrific.

The nearest airport was an hour and a half away. That means I HAD TO RIDE IN A CAR WITH THESE IDIOTS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF! If I haven't already proved that I loved Ainsley, this definitely proved it. We snuck, inconspicuously after Ainsley and his parents. Mr. and Mrs. Silver walked briskly, not looking back to see if their son was following. They knew he was. Stopping at the ticket counter, Mrs. Silver began incessantly ringing the little bell at the ticket girl on the phone. After a moment, the lady said finished what she was doing and walked asked, "How may I-"

"Yes. One ticket to Coats Island, Canada. Immediately," Ainsley's mother said, stiffly.

The ticket lady looked surprised. "Um, I'm sorry, but there are no tickets to Coats Island. Don't you know that it is unpopulated? The nearest you can get is Nunavut and the last flight there left two days ago. I think they were going to on a field trip because it was mostly teenagers." Mrs. Silver looked at the lady, condescendingly. "I really could not care less about the flight that left TWO DAYS AGO. I am more concerned with the flight that is leaving TODAY."

"Ma'am, six other people have asked for a flight there today. I've told them and now I am telling you there is no-" She was cut off abruptly by Mr. Silver.

Taking out his checkbook, he inquired, "How much will it cost to get a plane out of here today?"

"I really don't have any control in that."

"Then, let me talk to someone who does." The ticket lady sighed in exasperation and went to get her manager. That manager then had to get his manager, who then had to get their supervisor. That supervisor then had to call the whoever makes planes come. Finally, there was a small plane that would take them to Coats Island. It would seat about thirty people. The ticket lady rushed off to call the six other people who had already come by. That left twenty-four seats for me. As soon as the Silvers' had walked away, (Taking my boyfriend with them. Grr.) I walked up to the lady.

"Excuse me. I heard that there was a plane to Coats Island and I need to get there. You were right about the field trip thing. Our class left a few days ago, but me and a few other students had to stay back a few days. I'd like a ticket for that flight, please," I lied, smoothly. This way, I hoped she wouldn't ask for an ID.

"That'd be $750," Ms. Ticket Lady replied. Whoa! Do I look like I have that kind of cash? I didn't think so.

"That's way high," I told her. "Do you really think anyone else is going to buy this ticket if I walk away. I can just as easily come back in a week and get tickets for half that," I bluffed.

She bought it. "How about $500?"

"$100," I countered.

"$300," she said. "That's as low as I'll go." I nodded, giving her the three hundred. Crap. Now I'm out of money. Time for some Get-Rich-Quick schemes.

I got the ticket and we hid, waiting for Ainsley's parents to leave and hoping they wouldn't see him off. They were 'busy people' though and 'couldn't stay to baby-sit.' I don't think Ainsley had ever been happier. As soon as they were out of sight, I flew out of hiding and launched myself into his lap, kissing him. "Hi, sweetie," he said, softly.

We were attracting a lot of looks; some of them disgusted, but Ainsley just stuck his tongue out at them and went back to kissing me. The plane was there in ten minutes and the two of us piled onto it after a teary goodbye from Kels and cheerful ones from Kasey and Val. We were the first there and we chose seats in the back. Ainsley put me suitcase into the overhead thing, since I was too short. I sat down next to him and he leaned me against him. The plane was so small, it had two seats on each side of the plane, separated by the aisle.

I kissed him, lightly. "I'm glad we can finally be alone," I murmured, trying to be seductive.

From the look on Ainsley's face, I managed. He deepened the kiss. At that moment, my happiness had to be ruined. Ainsley's brother and his friends piled onto the plane, smirking at us. I leaned even closer into Ainsley, shaking slightly. "What are you doing here?" Ainsley asked his brother.

"I have to go to this house, too," Ashton groaned, throwing himself across the aisle from me.

I snickered. "How sad for you!" I murmured.

Ainsley heard me and sent me a reproving look. "Be nice," Ainsley admonished. I nuzzled into his shoulder, ignoring his words. I knew Ainsley was really mad at me judging from the smile on his face.

Crowe sat next to Ashton. Blaze lay across a pair of seats in front of me and Ainsley. Jamie curled up across from him. Two more boys got on the plane, but they didn't seem to know each other. The first, an optimistic looking brunette, sat in front of Blaze. It took about three seconds for him to peer over the seats and start staring at Blaze. I knew that wasn't going to end well, but for the moment Blaze was ignoring him. I could probably hold my breath until Blaze got fed up and threw him out the window.

The other, a tall blonde with longish blond hair and glasses. He sat down next to Jamie, who looked way too pleased. The boy didn't seem to notice and just pulled out his lab top and started typing. If I knew anything about Jamie, it was that he wasn't going to give up that easy.