Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Ten

Glasses POV

The boy next to me turned to me, as I was opening up my lab top. I had some work to finish up. "Hey! What's your name? I'm Jamie Nightshade. What grade are you going to be in? I'm a senior."

I looked up, confused. "Uh, Avery Drew, but just call me Drew, and I'm going to be a sophomore."

"What'cha doing, Drew?"

"Homework?"

"What do you mean homework? School hasn't even started yet?"

I smiled a little. "Doesn't mean I don't have stuff to do."

Jamie put his hand on my knee. I should have hit him, but I found myself blushing and looking away. Then I got angry. "I-I-I'm n-not g-gay," I half-whispered, irritated that there wasn't more force behind my words.

Jamie didn't seem bothered by that. "Are you sure?" he asked, leaning in.

My breath caught. I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but at the same time I wanted him to come closer. It seemed like forever, but really must have been only a half second before Jamie's face was right in front of mine.

Another boy beamed a pillow at Jamie, breaking his concentration. "Stop assaulting Drew," the boy said, while I breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone else was shaking with laughter.

Except the hugely tall boy in the corner. I was a little scared of him. He hadn't shown any emotion the entire time I was there. The boy who got on the plane with me, was raping the tall boy with his eyes. Once he stopped laughing, he went back to watching him. "I'm Shannon Quincy."

The expressionless guy didn't even blink. "Who're you?"

The guy continued to ignore his existence.

"Don't ignore me," he whined.

The guy glared. "What!?" he snarled.

Shannon flinched, slightly, but didn't seem too bothered by his tone. "What is your name?"

"Blaze."

"That's a nice name. What's your last name?"

"Blaze."

"What's your first name then?"

Blaze went back to pretending Shannon didn't exist, this time putting his head phones in. Shannon sighed. He wasn't ready to give up though. He jumped his seat and landed on Blaze's outstretched legs. "What the hell?" Blaze tried to knock Shannon off, but the plane started moving at that second and Shannon paled. The plane sped up. Shannon's hold tightened. I almost cracked up when I realized he didn't like flying. The plane did one of those funny bumps. You know, when it tries to get off the ground, but doesn't quite manage.

I heard a loud squeak behind me. There was an itsy little boy that looked about a year younger than me, basically sitting on an average sized boy. When I realized they were a couple, I wasn't grossed out like I thought I would be. Actually, I was more thinking about the way the little one was playing with him snake bites. He was attractive, but not nearly as much as Jamie. Argh! What is wrong with me!? I should not be comparing how hot two guys were, like some GIRL! No matter how hard I tried not to, all I could think about was the boy next to me, Jamie. No. You must have heard wrong, silly reader. I meant the Playboy models, of course. I didn't like Jamie. I wasn't even gay.

I sat back in my chair, smirking to myself as Blaze tried to shake Shannon off again. Shannon gave up sadly, and went back to his own chair, where he shook whenever the plane twitched. The little boy must have felt bad for him because he crawled down the aisles and into the seat next to him. "Hey," he whispered, motioning for the bigger one to come down there. He did, pulling the smaller one into his lap again. Shannon nodded, still in a tiny ball. He wrapped an arm around him, comfortingly. "I'm Parker and this is my boyfriend, Ainsley. We're going to be sophomores' this year."

Shannon whispered, "Me too."They talked cheerfully the entire ride. I was quickly getting tired of the six and a half hour long flight. Jamie tried to make moves on me, making me blush again. I wanted him to stop. I still felt that same weird attraction and I think Jamie knew that. I felt so confused. I had a headache and couldn't help thinking it over again and again. I ended up falling asleep, without figuring anything out.