Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve
Ainsley's POV

The…well, I guess it was the house, NOT my home. My home was me and Parker's little cottage in Michigan. It had changed a lot in the past year and I wouldn't have recognized it if I hadn't been brought here. Now, it really looked like a gothic era mansion, rather than the misplaced-Miami-condo look it had before. Ashton and I always hated it here and the only improvement I can see is that I'll have Parker with me, even if we do have to be careful not to get caught.

Also, it's probably not interesting after all of Ashton's life. The fifteen years I had been there had definitely been enough. Just so you know, Ashton is 630 years old. I told him he was an old man once and he hit me in the face with a pillow, so I'm not going to do that again.

I would have hung around all day just staring at the cool pictures, but I was really tired and so was Parker, judging from the fact that he was snoring quietly. I chuckled when I looked down at my sleeping boyfriend. He was so cute and light, that I didn't even mind carrying him.

Ashton was being a jackass as usual and making fun of me for carrying Parker. Jamie made a whipped sound and I shot him the bird. We walked up the entryway trying to find someone so we could figure out where we'd be sleeping.

Finally, a teenage girl appeared. I knew instantly who she was. "Zoe?!" I yelped, surprised. She's my favorite of everyone in my family probably because she'd helped me escape from this horrible place last year. She was also the only person who knew about my orientation, plus she was only two years older than me even though she's technically my aunt.

Ashton stalked over to her, rudely shaking her out of her thoughts. "Hey, where do we sleep?"

Aunt Zoe looked right through him at me. "Oh. Ainsley!" She ran over and hugged me, almost making me drop Parker. "Aw, who's this?" she asked, poking Parker in the head, luckily not waking him up.

I smiled a little when I saw his forehead wrinkle in his sleep."This is Parker," I murmured.

Zoe grinned. "So you're going to tell the rest of the family?" she asked, hopefully. I shook my head, vehemently. I can't risk my family taking it badly and hurting Parker and believe me, my family really could hurt him. Zoe sighed, but she knew not to argue with me. "Well, you should probably get him to bed. You all have rooms on the second floor right next to each other. I'd think you and him will be sleeping together, right?" Zoe asked in amusement.

I just nodded.

Zoe wandered off, without bothering to say anything else. I looked over at the others, who were just out of hearing distance unless I yelled. "We're all next to each other on the second floor," I said.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I turned to Drew, who was blushing. I guess he wasn't too thrilled with the knowledge that Jamie could sneak into his room at any time. If I were him, I'd invest in a lock for his door.

Jamie didn't seem to mind. He wrapped an arm around Drew.

Drew edged away, nervously.

Jamie didn't seem to mind too much and just scooted back next to him. Poor stupid idiot.

"Why's everything so fancy here?" Drew muttered, looking confused. You must be-oh crap. "You're-"

"Shut up," I muttered, looking at Parker, concerned he had woken up and had heard. He was still sleeping.

Drew raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything else.

I shifted Parker and he whimpered in his sleep, clutching at my shirt. "Could we speed this up," I asked. It was way too late to be talking at all, much less about something this stressful. Ugh, my hair's going to fall out. Is that even possible, for your hair to fall out from stress? Whatever. I don't even care.

I kicked Ashton in the ass. "Move," I called after him.

Ashton flipped me off. He and Crowe stalked off, ignoring us. Blaze walked quietly behind them, without a backwards glance. Jamie stayed to talk with Drew, his arm still around Drew's waist. Drew seemed to have given up and just let Jamie hold him. He shot Jamie a mournful look, that Jamie didn't seem to notice. We walked to a unnecessarily fancy elevator that still had that gag-me 40's music playing in it.

I mentioned it, and Shannon groaned. "Argh! I didn't even notice that until you said so."

I smirked, proudly. "Ssh! You are going to wake him up," I half-whispered with a small smile.

We got out of the elevator and walked down a never ending hallway. All of the rooms were the same size; I could tell from the even spacing of the doors. Everyone filed into their respective doors. I carried Parker into the last room on the left, that seemed much smaller compared to the rest of the rooms. It looked like it was the size of a broom closet. When, I opened the door, I understood why. There was a small landing, just big enough for a small living room. There was a winding staircase separated by windows that gave an amazing view of the west side of the island. It was all mountains and stunning pine forests. Our actual room must be at the top of these stairs.

At the top of the 176 stairs (Yeah, I counted and that's about 12 floors up. I must have legs of steel!) The room inside was huge! It was in the same old gothic style as the rest of the building, with the same dark, stone walls; roaring fireplace; and king-sized bed as the other rooms, but the bed, floor, and walls were blank.

I knew Parker would have fun decorating in the morning, but I was too lazy right now. I placed Parker on the bed and undressed him until he was just in his jeans. I flopped down next to him already half asleep without bothering to undress myself.

♠ ♠ ♠
If this story seems a lot longer than the original, it's because it is. All the chapters with multiple points of view are individual chapters now, so it makes more sense.

The endings going to be different somehow, but I haven't figured that out yet. :)