Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
(Shannon's POV)

I was sitting in my room, not doing anything. No, silly ducklings. I wasn't crying. What would give you such a strange idea? I never cry. I am a happy child, don't you know?

Parker was, like you, a critic and thought I was sad. He came into my room, closing the door behind him. I quickly wiped the tears (Of joy?) off my face and gave him my best smile. I could tell he didn't buy it. "It'll be okay," Parker said, soothingly.

What does he know? It is NOT going to be okay. I try so hard and Blaze doesn't even notice me except to yell. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said, turning away.

I felt the bed move next to me. "Okay. Just know that I'm here," Parker said. I knew he wasn't going to make me talk and that kind of made me want to spill my guts. Damn reverse psychology. Or was he just being nice. See, that's the thing about reverse psychology. I never know whether they're being nice or trying to make me do whatever they say they don't want me to do, but actually do want. Did that make sense to you? I think it did. Or did it? Okay, I think I've confused you enough.

I burst into tears. (See what Parker causes. I was a little bundle of happy until he came here. You believe me, don't you?) Parker wrapped his arms around me and let me cry all over him. He rubbed my back, soothingly and didn't say a thing. Good thing, too because I didn't think anything anyone said would make me feel better. I just needed to cry myself out.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, I stopped crying. Parker looked like he'd just taken a bath…or been in a wet T-shirt contest.

Parker blushed and giggled.

"What?" "Apparently, I'm not the only one who talks to myself," Parker said.

"Oh, sorry," I said, sheepishly.

"Doesn't matter. Me and Ainsley are going to get dinner. You coming?"

I nodded. "I need to take a shower first."

He chuckled. "Me too," he said and left. I took my shower, got dressed, and left running into…Yes, Blaze. Why cruel world!? WHY? What have I done to deserve this? "Uh, s-s-sorry," I whispered.

I tried to escape, but my life doesn't work like that. I tripped over my own feet and slammed face-first into the Blaze. This didn't stop me from attempting my escape.

Blaze caught me by the shoulders, holding me still. "Parker wanted to see if you were ready to eat," Blaze said.

I nodded, very interested in my shoes. I mean, they were so pretty. You'd be looking at my shoes too. Of course it wasn't that Blaze scared the shit out of little old me. Pfft. What could make you think that?

"They already left. They told me to take you since you'd probably get lost."

Ah, now I see what Parker's evil little plan was. He was captured by the cruel and unforgiving Blaze and under threat of being eaten, gave me up. Then, he tricked me into coming out of me nice, safe room to be violently killed. What an ingenious and oh so terrible plot! "Oh," I murmured. Brilliant, right? I definitely thought so.

"Come on, idiot!" Blaze growled, taking my hand and dragging me towards the door. Words can hurt you jack- Argh! Blaze is holding my hand! Can you see what I'm seeing! What a miracle! This is the miracle to end all miracles I tell you! No, I don't exaggerate at all. Play it cool, Shannon. Don't let him know you care. I mentally kicked myself...Or maybe not so mentally, considering Blaze just gave me an odd look.

"Get your hands off of my lovely body, dog-breath!" I shrieked, shoving Blaze off of me.

Blaze made a very rude gesture before calling me, "Ass-face," and walking off. Which just shows how stupid Blaze is. My behind and my face look very different, thank you very much. I had to follow Blaze though because I was hungry and he went in the direction of my dinner. I followed him through the maze-like halls, wishing I had a map. Then I thought, I probably couldn't read one, even if I got a map. That made me sad. So there I was, following someone I love/hated, feeling sad and hungry. Not my best day.

Finally, I got to the dining room. There were tons of people in here. How am I going to find Parker? At last, I found him sitting in a corner with Ainsley. I ran over and tackled Parker off of his chair, hearing a surprised squeak from Parker as he hit the ground. "You are a terrible, TERRIBLE person!" I shouted, flicking Parker.

"It didn't go well?" Parker asked, nervously.

"No," I said.

"I'm sorry."

Hmph. It's going to take more than an apology to make me forgive him.

"I got you food."

That'd be it. "I forgive you," I chirped, hopping off Parker and looking for my food. I found it and ignored Parker when he staggered to his feet, complaining about permanent brain damage. I guess Parker won't be messing with me anymore. Next time, he better let himself get eaten instead of selling me out.

"So…What happened?" Ainsley questioned. I flicked a spoonful of mashed potatoes at him. I know what you are thinking. Why waste perfectly good mashed potatoes? The answer, my dear friends, is that I had so much that it would take me three weeks to eat that much. Parker must think that I am a little piggy with how much food he gave me. Not that I'm complaining. Blaze got his food and moved some Seniors from the table we'd sat at earlier and sat down. Ashton, Crowe, Jamie, and Drew came in a moment later. Ashton and Crowe went to sit with Blaze, but Drew dragged Jamie over to sit with us. Dinner was much better than I thought it would be. Jamie kept making Drew blush and Ainsley was cracking jokes. Parker told me about his friends at home. I still felt a little sad with how badly things had gone with Blaze, but on the bright side, he didn't eat me. After all, that's what Blaze does best: Eats poor children, like me. You know it's true, since you heard it from me and I NEVER lie.

I hooked my arm in Parker's, since I've decided that he is my new best friend, and we skipped back to our dorm. Ainsley got to hold Parker's other hand though. Jamie and Drew went over to HIS table. After all, Jamie can't neglect his old friends just because he has awesome new friends. Blaze walked back to our dorm with us…which interrupted my skipping! A tragedy, I know.

Blaze pushed past me without a word. No apology or anything! "You ran into me, jack ass!" I shouted.

"Then move your fat ass," he called back.

"My ass is not fat, dick face!" How insulting! I'd like you to know that I actually have a very small butt. So there!

Blaze turned around and glowered at me. Ooh scary. Not. "What did you say?"

Most people would have peed themselves if Blaze looked at them like that, but luckily I have better bladder control than most. "Get a hearing aid, old man!"

Blaze stalked towards me, grabbing my arm, and dragging me off. I motioned for Parker and Ainsley to not be worried. Blaze really is not THAT scary. They were looking like I was about to be dismembered and put in a shoe box. Why a shoe box, you ask? Because there is nothing more disgusting than the smell of new shoes. It's sickening.

"You are bruising my pretty arm," I informed Blaze. He didn't answer. "That means get off my arm," I elaborated.

Guess what! Blaze didn't answer.

"How many people have you eaten?" What!? I might as well make conversation.

Blaze shot me a 'What in the world are you talking about look.' Oddly, I get a lot of those. I can't figure out why.

"None?"

"Lies! All lies!" I shrieked until Blaze covered my mouth.

"Is it possible to turn the volume on you down," Blaze asked.

"Nope," I squealed, proudly.

"Then you're just going to have to shut up while I do this," Blaze said, shoving me against a wall and kissing me.

"Um, uh," I said, intelligently when Blaze stopped. "Want to explain that? You hate me, make me mad and I kind of hate you, then you yell at me, and then kiss me?"

"Yes," Blaze said. "You're interesting."

"Thank you," I said.

"You could be less irritating though…and quieter," Blaze said.

"Never! You get all of me or nothing," I announced.

"Fine. Come on idiot."

"Okay, dog breath. And I don't have a fat ass."

"Whatever."

"Say it!" I ordered.

"Say what?" Blaze gave me a confused/irritated look.

"Say I don’t have a fat ass."

"Fine." Blaze slapped my butt.

I glared.

Blaze laughed a little. He had an amazing laugh and I forgot what I was mad about.

"So…" I said, wondering if this meant I could ask him out.

"Spit it out," Blaze snapped. Moody much?

"You should take me out."

I've never in my whole, very long fifteen years seen anyone so confused. "Out where? This is a island, moron. And not a very big one either. This castle is the only building around."

Silly, Blaze. Not understanding me. "Go for a walk with me, or eat dinner with me ALONE," I explained, shaking my head.

"Alright, come on then," Blaze grabbed my arm, trying to drag me BACK to the dining room.

"Not now! We just ate remember?" Blaze ignored me and threw me over his shoulder. We-Um, he started walking back the way we came.

That is until- "SHANNON!" I looked up from where my face was pressed against Blaze's upper back and saw my mother.

"Come down, right NOW! You're embarrassing your family. I already told you, FAGGOT, you are NOT GAY!" The short woman glared at me, her hand on her hips. She lunged at me, yanking me over Blaze's shoulder and slapped me in the face. Blaze turned around real slow. I couldn't look at him. He's going to hate me now. I can't even stand up for myself. I felt him grab my elbow and tug me into his chest.

"Don't. Touch. Him," Blaze snarled, shoving me behind him.

I whimpered as my mother readied herself to yell back. She made herself look about ten times her size (a bit like one of those lizard things) and screeched, "SHANNON QUINCY! YOU GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW! You get away from this boy and you can NEVER see him again, YOU UNDERSTAND! YOU STUPID FUCK-UP!!!" I started shaking and crying.

Blaze's voice was shaking with barely-concealed rage. "We're going now," he said, barely over a whisper, but I understood perfectly. He started pulling me after him, his hand around my arm, hurting me. I didn't say anything though. I was just glad to be getting away from my enraged mother.

"Th-thank y-y-you," I sobbed.

Blaze didn't say anything, just kept pulling me. He took me down the entry way and out the door. It was raining outside. Not very hard, but it still didn't take long before my clothes were soaked through. I followed silently, trying to control my tears.

After a couple of minutes, I'd calmed down enough to be ashamed of my tears. I blushed and looked down. Blaze led me to a small wooded area. The trees were spaced just enough so that I could see flickers of moonlight. Blaze led me to a large stump that once must have been a several hundred year old tree. He sat down and pulled me into his lap. Without a word, we wiped the rest of my tears from my eyes. I shuddered. "I'm cold," I whined.

Blaze rolled his eyes. "Way to ruin the silence, idiot."

"I'm not an idiot!" Hmph. Calling me an idiot when I'm not one. I know everything. He's just jealous of my super advanced mind powers. "Warm me up!" I ordered.

Blaze smirked. "Not like that, pervert!" Blaze frowned, rolled his eyes (Again!), and morphed partly into a wolf. He looked like the werewolves the people on Earth 1.0 watch and scream at. Except I didn't scream at Blaze 'cause I'm just nice like that. He kind of looked cute, with his wolfy expression and his arms wrapped around me. "What's your real name?" I asked Blaze, quietly.

Blaze glared. "None of your business."

"I still want to know," I argued. I will NOT lose! Willpower of steel! "Tell me!"

"No."

"Please."

"Shut up."

"Never!"

Blaze pressed his lips against mine, roughly. I forgot all about what I'd been talking about. He pushed me down and climbed on top of me, licking at my lip trying to get access to my mouth. I couldn't help, but let him in. I groaned in his mouth. He pulled away, just as I thought I would pass out from happiness. I lay where I was gasping for breath. Blaze was a little out of breath too, I was happy to see.

"Um, what was I talking about?" I said, still slightly out of breath. Blaze covered my mouth.

"Don't talk."

"Uh mem'er nah," I said, my voice muffled. I pushed his hand off my mouth. "What is your name? Tell me," I pleaded. I pulled myself back into his lap. "Now," I ordered.

"Shut up. I'm taking you back to your room."

"No. Stay," I murmured, kissing him lightly."No, retard. It's time for bed. We've got school tomorrow and I want you wide awake when you see your new school." I knew Blaze was smirking at me. Why do I have to go to school?! I already know EVERYTHING!!! Jealous, aren't you?

"Whatever." He slapped my ass again.

"Stop that," I squeaked, pulling away from him. If he doesn't stop, I'll trap him in those Chinese finger trap thingies. Those are IMPOSSIBLE and I always get stuck for like three thousand years and he won't like it. Nope, not one bit.

"You're going to stop me?" he murmured, stepping closer to me. Then, taking another step. And another, until his warm breath was on my neck. His strong arms wrapped around my slim waist and I looked into his eyes. He started nipping at my neck, slowly moving up to my jaw, and finally captured my lips. I groaned into the kiss, wondering how my knees even held me up. He slid his icy fingers under the hem of my shirt. He was rubbing circles in my lower back, as I moaned again. He lifted me up, still kissing me, roughly. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and deepened the kiss. Blaze ground our hips together, making me cry out into his mouth.

Blaze snickered and pulled away, putting me back down. "You liked it, didn't you?" Blaze teased.

I blushed, not bothering to deny it. Honestly, it was kind of obvious and I'm not one to deny the obvious, you know.

"You want to come back to my room," Blaze murmured, smirking.

"N-n-not t-today," I whispered, frightened that Blaze would be angry with me. Of course he wasn't.

He just put his arm around me and walked me back to the castle. "You're mine now. I'd better not catch you even looking at anyone else," Blaze said, absently. And that's how me and Blaze started dating.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize that the grammar in this is dreadful.Shannon doesn't strike me as speaking someone who speaks properly.