Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen
Parker's POV

"Oh." Sure. Why not add this to all the ridiculous load I already have to deal with? I looked to Ainsley for help with this. He just smiled slightly and shrugged. "I'm Parker Eventide, Ainsley's friend," I added, remembering Ainsley didn't want anyone to know about us. I wanted to run hide somewhere while Ainsley talked to his grandfather, but I didn't really know where to go since the "King" knew what Ainsley's room number was.

"Parker? Come on." Ainsley tugged me after him into our room." We settled into the sitting room; the king on an armchair and me and Ainsley on opposite sides of the couch.

"So, how are things going?" the king asked Ainsley.

"Fine," Ainsley replied.

"Are you dating anyone?" The king looked right at me.

I tried not to look too guilty.

Ainsley blushed an shrugged.

"That's not really an answer. What about you, Parker?"

"I…I guess so," I whispered.

"Not going to tell me anymore? Looking forward to school. I'm teaching a bit this year."

"Oh…cool," I muttered. Melt into the floor, Parker. Just melt. It's not that hard.

"I've got to go," the king said. "Bye, Ainsley," he said, patting Ainsley on the head as he left.

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all," I muttered.

Ainsley snorted. Then, his face softened into a smile. "Thanks for not saying anything about…you know, us. I'm sorry I can't tell anyone here. It's not that I'm…a-ashamed of us, it's just that with how powerful my family is…they could really hurt you if they found out about you. You've seen my parents…they'd probably chase you around with steak knives if they found out about you."

I just stared at him for a minute. "Aww, you've been trying to protect me!" I squealed, crawling into Ainsley's arms. "That's so cute! You don't have to worry about me though. I'll be fine. We'll be fine. Don't worry. "

"I know we'll be fine. I just wish we didn't have to sneak around."

"We won't soon. You'll be eighteen in two years and then we can leave," I said, brightly.

Ainsley nodded, hugging me.

"Oh yeah. I met a girl named Zoe today. She's weird…and she knows you."

Ainsley nodded, happily. "She's really great and one of my best friends when I was a kid. I always went to her when my parents got really mad. "

I nodded, remembering the person Zoe reminded me of…she made me remember the girl I'd never see again. No, I can't think like that. I don't need her. I don't need anyone except Ainsley. I mentally shook myself and snuggled into Ainsley's arms.

"…Parker…?"

"Yeah," I murmured.

"My brain really hurts. Is it oozing out of my ears?"

"Oozing?! Eww! Thanks for that mental picture! No, your brain's as fine as it ever was."

"Hey!" Ainsley shouted, swatting at me. "That's not very nice!"

I jumped up running out of the apartment and slammed right into a brick wall. "Ow! I think I just broke my face," I groaned, looking to glare up at the horrible wall.

The wall wasn't a wall. It was Ashton. Crowe was standing right behind him. "What the hell, dumbass," Ashton exclaimed. "

What the hell yourself," I whined. "You need to work on being less wall-like and more cuddly. Otherwise, you'll never get Crowe in bed with you." Yeah, I went there. I think that was the first time I ever saw the two of them blush. It was hilarious and totally worth it, even if they probably were going to kill me now.

Ainsley made a funny gagging noise. I laughed. "Run, Parker!" Ainsley screeched. I did. I slid down the halls, down a flight of stairs, and out the front doors. This time it wasn't me who ran into someone else.

There was a flash of blue hair and I was jumped on. It was weirdo girl again. "I just died my hair. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Uh…yeah?"

"That's not very enthusiastic," she pointed out.

"Yeah!" I tried again.

She swatted at me.

I smirked. "

You haven't found Ainsley yet. I'll help you find him if you want."

"That's no fun. I'll blend in like a ninja and when he least suspects it, I'll pop out and surprise him." I looked at her blue hair, doubtfully. "This"--she pointed to her hair--"Is to make my job challenging. Just to spice up my life."

"…Alright then."

"Be gone from my sight!"

Um…okay. I ran off. That girl is strange. I really should avoid her in the future. Not like I look for her usually. She just appears…kind of like everyone else around here does. I should learn how to do that. I'll just be like "Bam!" and scare the shit out of everyone. I sat down next to a tree and decided to watch the sun set. Before I knew it, I was dozing off.

The next thing I knew I was being carried somewhere. I didn't really care where, but I knew it was Ainsley. I could smell him…not that that 's creepy or anything. I snuggled closer to him. I could feel Ainsley's body shake as he laughed. "You need to stop sleeping in random places," Ainsley sighed. "Now go to sleep. You've got school tomorrow." I did, without another thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this fillerish chapter. Oh, and this stories ending in about five chapters, give or take.