Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Parker POV

I woke up early the next morning. I opened one eye to see if Ainsley was awake. I didn't hear Ainsley move so I figured it was safe. I rolled over to look at Ainsley. He stayed still. I poked him. He didn't move. I poked him again. He didn't move. I sat on him.

He "oofed" and glared up at me. "What is your problem?"

"Nothing. Why would you think that?"

"Let's take a guess," Ainsley said, sarcastically.

I grinned. "Want a kiss?"

Ainsley pretended to think about it.

I frowned. "Asshole."

Ainsley started laughing. "Foul mouth, Parker. You're poisoning my innocent mind." He shook a finger at me.

I grinned. "Poor Ainsley," I teased.

Ainsley snorted and pulled me closer to him. He kissed me and I almost forgot what we were taking about...almost. I smirked. "I'm irresistible, I know," I said.

Ainsley laughed. How rude! People should really stop laughing at me.

"Let's get ready for school," I muttered, rolling off of him.

Ainsley stopped laughing. "Come on, babe. I'm sorry for laughing at you. Of course you're irresistible." He nipped my ear.

I giggled. "We really do need to get up. We'll be late." Déjà vu, huh? Ainsley always makes me late…but that's okay. We'll give him a free pass just this once. I finally managed to pull myself away from Ainsley for long enough to change my clothes. Ainsley, being the creeper he is, watched me. I made him close his eyes when I took off my boxers though. He better not have peeked!-

When I finished, Ainsley changed. No, I did not look!

We plodded down the stairs, grabbing our school bags from the living room and walked out the door.

Shannon caught up to us as we were going down the hall, followed closely by Blaze. Blaze didn't give us his customary dirty look but he wasn't exactly Mr. Cuddles either. That's probably a good thing though.

"I wonder what grade I'm in. I bet I'm off the chart smart," Shannon said, cheerfully. Blaze snorted. Just a guess here, but I don't think Blaze has a high opinion of Shannon's intelligence. Shannon glared and kicked Blaze in the shin. Blaze swore.

I tried not to laugh. Vicious, Shannon. Try not to continue your reign of terror now. You could end up taking over the world with your shin-kicking ways.

We finished our walk to the dining hall/self-important cafeteria. Inside was the usual crowd of half awake teenagers. There were teachers handing out flyers. At least I'm assuming they're teachers, judging from the outdated suits and child-hating demeanor. Ainsley and Blaze stopped a particularly frazzled looking teachers. "Yes!" she snarled. B

laze barely resisted punching her out. "Look, lady!" Venom was dripping from his voice.

The lady turned to Blaze and turned ten shades paler. "Oh…Um, name?"

Blaze kind of fidgeted and motioned for Shannon to say his name. "Shannon Quincy?"

"Oh…uh…yeah. You're going to be in eighth grade."

Blaze giggled…like actually giggled.

The teacher turned o Ainsley.

"Ainsley Silver."

The teacher's eyes widened and she went back to her list. "Eleventh grade."

Ainsley sent Shannon a superior look.

The lady looked at me.

"Parker Eventide," I said.

The lady flipped through her list. "What are you going to go to college to be?"

"Um, a veterinarian. Why?"

Shannon and Ainsley "aww"-ed and Blaze snickered at my career choice.

"Okay. Go to room 1309 on the fifth floor. DO NOT stop on the third or fourth floors. Those are reserved for teachers."

Oops. She should have told me that yesterday. It's kind of too late now. "Um, I'll be sure to remember that."

The lady turned to Blaze last. "Name?" Blaze motioned for us to go away. We didn't. Blaze swore and turned back to the lady.

"August Blaze."

Shannon squealed. "That is an adorable name! I'm calling you that from now on!" Blaze, or August as he is now being called, clearly didn't like being referred to as adorable. I pulled Ainsley away from the two.

"I guess I'm not going to be seeing you at school anymore," I said.

Ainsley nodded. "I guess I'll just have to talk to you that much more after class." I knew he wanted to kiss me, but couldn't in front of all the teachers. "I love you," Ainsley whispered.

"I love you, too," I replied, just as quietly. "Now help me find the stairs."

Ainsley led me out the doors, down one narrow hallway, until we came to a massive spiral staircase. "Bye, babe."

"Bye." I thumped up the stairs after a wave to Ainsley. The hall I ended up on was much easier to navigate. I got to class about five minutes before it started. There were about thirty people waiting. I sat down in the front of the class and set out my History book.

The door to my classroom was thrown open to reveal someone I had not expected to see again so soon. The room immediately went silent. People were barely breathing, it was so quiet. The man walked briskly to the teacher's podium before turning and speaking to the class. "Most of you know me as King Amun Osiris, but not here. Here, you will refer to me as Professor Osiris, or Sir. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," we all chorused.

"As a college-level student much more will be expected of you. Along with you career specific subjects, you will be taking several mandatory, or core, classes: math, science, English a foreign language of your choice, and"-he pointed to himself-"history."

He gave us our schedules then. The classes were far harder than I anything I'd ever taken, but I knew I could do it. Especially, since Fridays were pretty much free days.

"Attention class," Professor Osiris said, calling the class back to order. "Go to your next class please."

We all left, quickly and silently. The rest of my classes that day were uneventful. That is until my last class: my language class, which was French, since we're pretty close to Quebec and when Ainsley and I leave we might go there, so I should probably learn the language.

Just as I sat down, a girl a few years older than me with dark hair walked in. Her eyes widened. I felt nauseous. She ran out.

I tried to pay attention in class, but it was a lost cause. I ran out of clas, the second the bell rang. I ran to Ainsley's and my room, collapsing on the bed. Tears blurred my vision. Why is she here?