Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Six

Chapter Six
Ainsley POV

I woke up at 8:30 the next morning, which was the earliest I've ever gotten up. I was even more surprised because I hadn't fallen asleep until almost two in the morning. I was thinking about a certain someone... No not like that, you perverts. Oh well.

I am awake now. I might as well get up. I bounced out of bed and ran into the shower. After all, I had to make myself look good for my new boyfriend. Or was he my boyfriend? I didn't ask! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I stayed in the shower for almost an hour, which in retrospect wasn't such a good idea. The waters getting cold and I look like a raisin. I walked back to my bedroom with a towel wrapped around my waist and pulled on a pair of clean boxers. Hmm..What to wear, what to wear? Finally I decided on clothes and got dressed. Satisfied with my clothes, I decided to fix my hair. I didn't have to do much to my hair, seeing as how it was naturally perfect, before decided that if I could run into my own arms I would. Just joking. That would be a little freaky. Anyway, I looked good enough.

Damn it. What time is it? Why can't I find a clock? Where is that mother-freaking clock? Come here, little clock. Come here! I promise I won't hurt you…badly. Ah, there you are. I dug my clock out from under a pile of CDs.

Crap! It took me an hour to get dressed! When did I become a girl? Nope. Still a boy. I guess I'm just high maintenance. I wonder if that would bother Parker. I doubt it. He seems pretty laid back, once you get to know him. It's just getting to know him that's hard. But, that's all in the past. He talks to me now and I'm not going to be a loser and blow it. That would really suck. He's so sweet and so hot…Bad Ainsley! That is not appropriate! Don't think those thoughts about MY tiny, innocent Parker.

I can go see him now! Run…Well, not run. Drive, Ainsley! Drive! I left my apartment, barely remembering to lock my apartment and believe me, you need to lock your apartment in this building. I swear (Although no one else believe me.) that the land lord is a creep who breaks into unlocked apartments and snoops through the unsuspecting tenants underwear drawers. He just has this kind of glint in his eyes that makes me know it's true.

I ran and fell a bit down the three flights of stairs to the ground floor, out the door, and into my car. We're going to pretend that I didn't break the speed limit driving to Parker's house and we're also going to pretend that I didn't wish that I could teleport to Parker's house whenever I wanted. (Maybe into his bathroom while he's taking a shower…or not because he would scream like a girl and then yell at me for three hours.) I sprinted up his front steps and ran into his house to see him.

That's not why the smile slid off my face, though. Parker was sleeping…and so was his friend, Corey or Keegan or whatever. All that mattered was that he was sleeping on top of my boyfriend! At that moment, his other friend, I think her name was Kelly, walked in.
"Hey!" she whisper-shouted. "Aren't they cute?" she asked, pointing to Parker and what's-his-name.

No. But I didn't say that.

"Oh! You're probably wondering why we're here. Well, Parker didn't text me yesterday, so I freaked out just a little and texted him like 20 times and Kasey (So that's the bastards name.) told me I was overreacting, but I didn't believe him. Anyway, FINALLY he texted me back and told me that he'd been with you all day, so me and Kasey came over and watched movies and talked about you and did you know that I've never seen Parker talk and smile so much! You must be a really nice guy. I feel like I know you already. Do you happen to know any straight guys that are exactly like you and would like me because if you do, it would very cool if you would give me their number. Like I was saying, we were watching movies and we fell asleep on the couch and Kasey cuddles in his sleep and it's really funny and Parker is going to be SO pissed when he wakes up because he doesn't really like being touched and I didn't wake him up so he could get dressed. Could you like go away for a little bit and I'll set all the clocks back a half hour and I'll wake him up so he can get dressed?"

Gosh, this girl needs to learn about run on sentences.

Parker chose this moment to wake up. His tried to stretch out before making a funny, choking sound, as he felt Kasey's (I have forgiven Kasey for getting frisky with MY Parker in his sleep. After all, Parker is pretty irresistible.) weight on him. "H-help m-me," he groaned, still unable to see.

Kelsey was busy trying to push me into a closet.

"Save me!" I screeched. "It is me, Ainsley, who has come to see you, Parker, for our date."

Kelsey swore, loudly, and stopped trying to trap me in that tiny room of doom. (Rhyming is power!)

"You ass," she spat (Not literally!) in my direction.

"Get it off, Ainsley!" Parker squeaked.

I grinned, thinking, 'My pleasure.' I picked Kasey off the couch and threw him onto a conveniently placed chair. He groaned, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

I finally got to see my adorable um…What would you call me and Parker? My date? That doesn’t fit though. Whatever. Anyway, Parker was lying on the couch in front of me. "Hey, cutie," I said, leaning over and pecking him on the lips.

He blushed, but smiled. Then, he looked down and seemed to realize what he was wearing. He jumped up and ran into his room, pulling Kelsey with him. I could tell the two were having some kind of conversation, although I couldn't tell exactly what they were talking about. The only thing I heard was, "What were you thinking when you didn't wake me up?" and "That'd it be hilarious and that he thinks you'd look cute in anything."

Then, I heard rustling and crashing. They were either beating each other up (My bet would be that Kelsey would win if they ever did fight. Parker's a little bit delicate, but I love that about him.), or finding something for Parker to wear. The door was thrown open and I got a glimpse of Parker tossing Kelsey out the door. She did a funny kind of Charlie Brown fall.

I bit back a laugh, but apparently it didn't work because she glared daggers at me. "Your horrible, evil boyfriend asks me for my help and then throws me out! Can you believe that shit!?" Kelsey sounded indignant.

Kasey finally jerked awake. "God! Does everyone have to yell! Can't we agree to wait until noon to yell?" Kasey grumbled, giving us both dirty looks. "When did you get here anyway?"

"About ten minutes ago. Don't you remember being thrown onto the chair?"

"Now that you mention it…That was unnecessarily violent, you know. You could have put me down gently, instead of being so unpleasant about it," he said, with a small smile to show me he was joking.

I grinned. "Yeah, I could have, but what would have been the fun in that?"

Kelsey looked from me to Kasey. "Boys are stupid and I will never understand them," she said, shaking her head.

Parker walked entered the room, looking amazing as always. I considered jumping him right there in front of his friends.

He walked over to my with a bounce in his step before placing a kiss on my cheek.

Kelsey squealed something about wishing she had a camera and Kasey made a disgusted, gagging noise. I flipped Kasey off even though I knew he was joking and Parker gave him as close to a dirty look as his innocent face could manage. His dirty look made me want to hug him and give him a cookie rather than cower like he no doubt intended Kasey to do. I held him close to me, kissing him and licking his lips . He smirked into the kiss, not letting me in.

I grinned. Another time then. It's not like I expected him to make out with me in front of his friends. It would be a little inappropriate and I'm a little concerned that Kelsey would find that camera.

We pulled apart and I murmured, "What do you want to do today?"

I chose to ignore Kasey's shout of, "What? Don't be a wuss, Ainsley! You tell Parker what you're doing today and don't take no for an answer! Man up! Don't tell me you're whipped already!" Kasey made a whipping sound and Parker gave me a way to innocent look that told me he was barely restraining himself from giggling.

"Oh, you think that's funny, do you?" He nodded with a small smile. "I'm going to have to kill you then. I will have to, to regain my dignity," I told Kasey, matter-of-factly.

"Then you should be aware that I am a-What did you call it, Kelsey?" Kasey replied.

"A Level Two Ninja," Kelsey answered.

"Yes. Precisely. Do you still wish to proceed in your revenge unto me?"

"In that case, I will be unable to continue in my agenda against you. It is up to my dear Parker whether or not he will stay with me, even though I cannot defend myself." This is probably the stupidest thing to ever come out of my mouth, but I was having fun anyway.

Parker was chuckling quietly at our "serious" conversation. He pulled me down onto the couch and curled up on top of me. "Much better," he sighed, happily.

I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Are we staying here then?" "Yep. C-can we just w-w-watch movies," he asked me softly.

There was a crashing sound and both me and Parker looked up to see Kelsey and Kasey edging towards the door. "We didn't want to interrupt this warm and fuzzy moment," Kelsey said, sheepishly.

"You can stay here," I invited and Parker smiled. I didn't want him neglecting his friends just because he was going out with me.

Kelsey looked like he wanted to say no still but Kasey just flopped onto the chair he'd been sitting on. "You could have told me that before I moved. I just moved eleven steps for no reason," he sighed.

Kelsey shot Kasey a withering look, but said, "I guess we're staying here since my brother's a lard ass."

"Don't hate, little sister," Kasey said, rolling over and going back to sleep.

"Poke him," Parker said, suddenly.

"What?" I said, as Kelsey rushed over to comply. "To see if he's still alive. No one should be able to go to sleep that fast."

"Whoop! Whoop! That's the first time you've said an entire sentence in front of me without stuttering," I gushed, hugging him.

Parker's face turned a little red, but he murmured, "Did you listen to anything I said?"

"Yep!!!" I cheered, still proud of Parker for not stuttering. Maybe I should give him a parade…Nope. I don't have those kind of resources. Hmm…Maybe a cookie? Cookies always make me feel good. Great job, Ainsley! Now where will you find this cookie of happiness? "Parker, do you have any cookies?" Parker gave me a weird look and I realized he was still talking.

"I was paying attention, I swear!" I shouted, making the formerly sleeping Kasey wake up and fall off the chair. He flipped me off, which I chose to ignore. "

Sure you were," Parker muttered, but got off me (NO! Come back! I should have thought through this a little more.) and went to get me a cookie.

A moment later he was back with my cookie. "Eat it." Parker looked at me like I was crazy, and I was most definitely not crazy. Humph. He probably thinks I have some weird cookie fetish now, which could be really funny in the future.

"What-"

"Do it," I ordered, crossing my arms over my chest like a three-year-old.

"Jeez, pushy much," he laughed and ate the cookie. I smiled, satisfied. "Now I have cookie breath. Why did I eat a cookie?" Parker asked, moving back to his spot in my lap (Yay!).

"Because you didn't stutter." "What? Like positive reinforcement? Am I a puppy now?" Parker pouted.

"Parker DOES look like a puppy. He's just missing the floppy ears and tail," Kelsey screeched proud of her discovery.

I snickered at Parker's horrified expression.

"I don't think you're a puppy," I whispered in his ear, making sure he could feel my breath on his neck.

He shivered, delicately.

Kasey made an extremely realistic gagging noise, which caused both me and Parker to give him a nervous look. Kasey was glaring at us, nastily. Don't look at my Parker like that! "If you two are going to start making out, give us some warning. I have no desire to hear Parker moan." I wanted to…Hmm, What could be bad enough to punish him for this horror? I know! I will make him watch my brother's-Um, I mean this person I knows, home videos. That should be his sentence for making Parker's face so red!!! It was adorable, though. No! I really need to stop focusing on how cute he is and more on how embarrassed he is. I seriously need to work on your good person skills.

I slapped myself. Like physically slapped myself. It kind of distracted Kasey, but Parker didn't notice (Shows how good a person he is, not noticing that the boy he was kissing just kicked his own ass.), seeing as he was flying through the air, only to land on Kasey. "What did you say!?" He squeak-yelled, pinning Kasey to the ground. "We just started dating, you pervert!" Ugh, get off of Kasey and sit on someone who will enjoy it, like ME! Wow. When did I become such a freak?

I must have been looking a little too excited at the thought of Parker with me because Kelsey said, "Get off of my creepy, rapist brother and go sit with your excited boyfriend." What? Me? I had to resist the urge to look behind me to see if there was anyone else in the room. Don't let Parker in on my secret! It would scare the hell out of him if he knew I wanted him. He was very obviously a virgin. 'Says the virgin,' I thought. I glared at Kelsey for putting me in this awkward position. There is no way I will ever be friends with you if you can't keep some things to yourself.

Parker cocked his head to the side, an innocent expression on his sweet face. "Excited? About what? Are we going somewhere? What is she-"

First off, I wanted to pass out laughing because of how oblivious he is. Second, it's not like I 'm explaining that. You're not losing any of your innocence today, Parker. Maybe another day. I seriously need mental help. I murmured, "Oh, nothing." I had to think quickly to change the subject. Parker still looked confused, but I ignored his confused look.

I held out my arms for him. He plopped down on top of me, thankfully unaware of the near disaster.

"Let's watch a movie!" Parker said suddenly, as if this was the most amazing idea in the entire world. Naturally, I had to agree. Who could resist his big grey eyes?

Kelsey nodded, happily, and after a moment so did Kasey. We started having a friendly argument about what to watch, but it soon progressed into a (I'm hoping.) pretend fist-fight between Kelsey and her brother. Going all Mission Impossible on me, Parker crept out of my lap (Why must you always leave me!?) and slunk over to the pitiful stack of DVDs. doing a few tumbles and spy poses, he crawled back to me with a few movies. I snickered because he was still pretending to be James Bond, and picked one out.

He smirked and whispered, "Now the difficult part. Getting the movie in. Wish me luck." He gave me a pathetic look.

I pecked him on the lips. "Good luck," I said a little sarcastically. He army-crawled over to the TV, put in the DVD, and crawled back with the remote. We turned it on and the sound blasted. Jeez. Why was this on so loud? You'd think they'd be deaf from listening to this for so long. 'Where did Kelsey and Kasey go,' I thought, looking around the room. 'They were just here, I swear!'

"Holy crap" Kelsey shouted, emerging from the computer desk. (Mystery solved!) Kasey hesitantly got out from behind his armchair.

"What did you do?!," Kelsey yelled in my direction.

Parker shrank into me. I knew he wasn't normally afraid of Kelsey, so why was he so scared? "Oh, I'm so sorry, Parky-kins. I wasn't angry and I wasn't even talking to you."

"I don’t understand," I whispered, holding Parker close.

"He just doesn't like being yelled at is all. He gets panic attacks from how afraid he gets. It's gotten so bad he's had to go to the hospital a couple of times," Kelsey murmured soothingly, wiping Parker's eyes. She made him cry! "His family made him like this," Kelsey said, cryptically. I didn't ask her to explain though. It was Parker's story to tell me, when he's ready.

"I-I-I-I'm s-s-sorry," he sobbed, quietly. It sounded like he couldn't even breathe right. He buried his head in my chest. I knew he was embarrassed and he thought I would be angry with him. "

It's okay," I told him.

"N-no, I-I-I al-always cry," He whimpered.

"It makes sense that you're upset," I told him, thinking that even if he didn't have problems with his family, our school would be enough to make him like this. I felt like my heart was breaking. It hurt so much to see him sad. What could I do to make him feel better? I only know what will make me happy. Carefully, I pressed my lips against Parker's cheek.

Trying to smile a little, he nuzzled into my neck. "It's better just to let him cry himself out," Kelsey said.

I didn't really like this advice, but I couldn't think of anything better so I took it. I started playing the movie again, but now it was significantly quieter.

Kelsey moved onto the other side of Parker and curled up. For the next two hours, we watched Dogma. I was cracking up so hard, especially when I saw how red Parker was. Once he was okay enough to pay attention to the movie, he turned red every five seconds.

When the movie was finished, I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Let's go to the park now," I said randomly. I fluttered my eyelashes at Parker, trying to put him under my spell so he'd agree to everything I said.

He giggled. "What makes you think there's a park?" he asked.

NO PARK! I could feel the tears coming on now. Where would the little children…and some not so little children play?

Chuckling, Kelsey said, "Don't worry. There's a park like ten minutes away. Parker just likes to mess with you."

She patted me on the head, reassuringly. Deciding to ignore that I'd just had my head patted, I glowered towards Parker.

He just smirked, looking rather proud of himself.

"Nasty tricks," I hissed. Yes. I know I've seen The Lord of the Rings too many times, but that movie is seriously kick ass. Parker ignored me and grabbed his cute, 60-billion-sizes-smaller-than-mine, hoodie.

"Come on guys," he said cheerfully.

"Actually, me and Kasey need to go home. Right Kasey?" She elbowed him in the ribs. "What-Yeah. Sure, I knew that," Kasey muttered. "You go ahead though." Kelsey made a shooing motion.

Yay! What will happen when I finally have some alone time with Parker!?
♠ ♠ ♠
:)