Status: Ongoing

Beginning Is Over

Prologue

The cold rain lashed against my bare shoulders, leaving a wet trail along my sides. In the distant I could hear a loud thounder echoing. It was just a typical day in La Push, at least for everyone else it was, but not for me. I found out things I wished I never knew. It ruined everything. My memories, my dreams for the future, my reality.

I put my arms around my body in a protecting manner as I walked along the shore. It had all happened so fast, but for once I enjoyed it and had finally let someone in. But it wasn't real, none of it. It was a fairy tale and I didn't like my fate being chosen by any other than me. That's how it's supposed to be. We choose our own destiny.

I wasn't surprised to hear running steps from behind me, not since I found out he would do anything in his power to be with me.

"Avery! Please wait!" He called from behind me.

Before I could shout something back he grabbed my shoulders and spun me around. I was met by his beautiful dark eyes staring down at me.

"Please, just....let's talk about this."

I shrugged his hands away. "What else is there to say? You lied to me and kept something that big a secret."

"I didn't know how to tell you! It's not just something you throw out on a first date, 'Hey you look beautiful tonight, just so you know, I turn into a big fluffy wolf.' I wanted to tell you sooner, I was just scared of how you might react." He explained.

"You mean like this?" I asked and gestured to myself. He sighed. "Jacob, it's not just that you lied to me, even though I'm very pissed at that. This world that you live in is not something for me. Even though imprinting is romantic, it's not something that I want. I believe that love should develop on it's own, not because of some 'magic'." Jacob tried to interrupt me but I held up my hand to stop him and continued. "What I mean is, I wanted something real, not a fantasy."

Jacob took a step forward. "But it is real! I love you more than anyone else could ever love you and I know you love me too. How can that not be real?"

"Because it's a forced love!" I exclaimed. "You didn't choose me, fate did. If you hadn't imprinted on me you would never had noticed me, much less talk to me."

"Okay, so yes, fate chose you for me but I could never be happier about that. Your everything I could ever dream about having, so to me, it doesn't matter how I fell in love with you. What matters is that I did and I will do anything for you."

"Anything?" I questioned.

He nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you like it ^^