Fight of Valkar

Reward?

The group headed back the way they'd come. They returned through the same caverns that had brought them as far allong as they had. The fighting was still raging above, troops and tanks still full of energy and ammunition. The fight was probably still only just coming to it's climax.

"Do you think that our lords are winning?" Brian asked.

"Of course, who are you to doubt Belarian, Viron and Quintessence?" Carnath said cheerly from the front. He led them back out of the tunnels so see bodies everywhere. Thousand Sons tood behind piles of both their own and imperial guard bodies. Khorne berserkers lay charges on tanks and ran for their lives while cutting down marines and guardsmen. White Scar marines ran through the fights with chainsword and power sword, tearing down enemies until being taken down themselves with the esplsovie bolter rounds.

The roar of tank engines and the explosions of their shells were heard everywhere. Lilly spotted the Lords and Mistress fighting their war through a horde of marines and guardsmen. Three imposing figures in a crowd of underlings. They seemed to be finding it easy enough to tear down their enemies.

A dreadnaught with the White Scars logo suddenly lumbered round the corner toward them. The flamer on it suddenly roared on. Jess made a force field instantly. The Dreadnaught tried to march toward them, it's flamer stooped. It's fists suddenly started rotating, ready to pound them with the ease that came naturally to these marines encased in machines.

Carnath had climbed onto the building next to them. 'Hi Mr. Dreadnaught.' He called down and jumped onto it's top.he drew his power rapier and stapped it down through it's armour to the marine in the core. There was a scream from inside as it's driver was pierced. The dreadnaught slumped, signifying it was dead. The Slaaneshi dropped down. "That wasn't so hard."

"Whatever." Brian said, razing his lasgun and firing over Carnath's shoulder, narrowly missing his head.

"What was that for!" He yelled.

"That." He pointed to the guardsmen that was now liying dead being him.

Carnath blushed. "Oh right. Come on, we have to go help." They charged into the battle field, weapons drawn.

"What a day this is turning out to be." Brian called to Lilly as they sprinted from cover.