‹ Prequel: Lullaby And Goodnight

My Father, My Brother

This Never Happened

"Holy mother of God..." Laura muttered as we both stared wide eyed at the TV. We were watching My Chemical Romances concert, live. I half wished we hadn't. Half way through the set, Frank just let his guitar hang loose over his shoulder, went up to Gerard and just kissed him! Gerard even kissed him back for a few seconds! My jaw had hit the floor. How could he lead him on like that!? I was furious at Gerard for letting him, but Frank didn't exactly seem daunted when Gerard lightly pushed him away either.

*Frank's POV*

I was sweating like mad, the lights were burning hot behind us and the outdoor venue didn't help to cool us down as it was a relatively warm night. My calloused fingers moved quickly over the strings of my guitar, remembering the chords I could probably play in my sleep by now. We were playing You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, which I think should have had a shorter name. I glanced up at Gerard, who was standing a few feet away from me at the front of the stage. I then glanced at Lindsey who was watching from just off stage, then back at Gerard. He was sweating too, and he looked so hot. In both ways. I unwillingly remembered the last time he got that sweaty because of me.

I couldn't help it. It happened automatically. I let my guitar go and quickly closed the distance between Gerard and myself. I grabbed both sides of his face and kissed him roughly, the way he used to like it when the time was right. The crowd screamed. I was a little shocked that he kissed me back almost straight away, and he didn't push me away for a good four seconds. When he did I just walked across the stage casually, swinging my guitar back up into my arms and carried on playing like nothing had happened. The next time I glanced at Gerard, he still looked a little shocked. I looked over to Lindsey at the side of the stage and she would have looked very calm about it, had her eyes not resembled saucers. I don't think she saw me looking as my hair had fallen over my eyes but I grinned at her expression, feeling rather proud of myself that I'd gone ahead and kissed him. I hoped Jamia wasn't watching this show on TV. I also hoped Ellie wasn't watching, but I was almost certain she would be. After the show Gerard pinned me roughly to the wall in our dressing room as soon as we were alone. I thought for a second that he was going to kiss me again, since he got so close to me.

"What the hell do you think you were playing at!?" He spat quietly, but venomously at me. I tried to look calm.

"It just happened Gee. It's been a while since our last fan service."

"We're married Frank! You can't just keep kissing me whenever the hell you want!"

"You telling me that you didn't kiss me back for a few seconds?" He went silent and his grip loosened slightly on my shirt. I looked into his hazel eyes that seemed to be so conflicted it was physically hurting him. His grip suddenly tightened on my shirt again as his lips crashed to mine. His body had mine pinned to the wall as I slid my arms around his neck and one of my hands threaded through his hair and tugged on it gently. He moaned softly as I scratched the back of his neck lightly with my fingernails. It was then he seemed to realise what was happening and he pushed himself away from me. He looked at me slightly wide eyed for a few seconds, panting.

"This never happened." He muttered as he then stormed out of the room, leaving me leaning against the wall bewildered. I took a few minutes to regulate my breathing then pulled my cell phone out of my pocket to call Ellie like I'd promised. Turns out she was watching the show.

"Frank what did you think you were doing!? You really thought he'd magically fall back in love with you?" This kid was harsh.

"We give the kids fan service Ellie it was nothing calm down." She sighed down the phone and was quiet for a few seconds.

"You having a good time with Loz anyway?" I asked her, quickly changing the subject.

"Yeah I um, met up with Rhyland today. We went for a coffee and visited this cute little bookstore and he showed me around." I rolled my eyes.

"He's a douche."

"He's charming, you just don't know him." I laughed a little.

"I know, I'll just have to trust you'll be careful. Anyway I have to go. Behave yourself. I love you."

"I love you too dad, and tell Gerard I love him too."

"Um, I will." We said our goodbyes and hung up and I took a deep breath before daring to emerge from the changing rooms to go backstage with the rest of the guys. Lindsey was stood next to Gerard with her arm around his waist protectively and I couldn't say I blamed her. He gave me 'the look' when I appeared, warning me not to say a word. Of course, I wouldn't have dreamed of it anyway.

"Ellie said to tell you she loves you." I muttered to Gerard, giving him a meaningful look. He just nodded as he made eye contact.

"Man I love Ellie. Sometimes the tour just isn't the same without that kid." Ray said as he was putting his guitar back in it's case. I went over and did the same with my own, ready to head back to the bus. We said hey to some fans and signed a few pictures and things before having to leave. Lindsey was staying on her own bus tonight for a pleasant change, so I had Gerard to myself our band had each other to themselves. I let myself collapse on the couch opposite Ray, Bob and Gerard. Mikey sat beside my head that was on the middle cushion.

"You know Frank, you probably wouldn't be half as tired if you didn't throw yourself around the stage so much." Mikey laughed, patting my sweaty head patronisingly. I grinned up at him from upside down.

"Where would the fun be then Mikes?" He smiled down at me while Ray stood up to make us his world famous hot chocolate. I noticed Bob rubbing his wrists more than usual and I leant up on my elbows watching him.

"You okay bro?" I asked, furrowing my eyes in concern.

"I dunno man. They're hurting more than usual tonight." I got up and sat on the arm of the couch he was on, taking his wrists one by one and rubbing and massaging them for him. He was wincing a little but he took it like a champ. I noticed Gerard watching me carefully from the corner of my eye but I didn't look at him directly cause I knew if I did he'd look away. It did make me a little nervous though so I chewed and played with my lip ring with my tongue out of nervous habit.

"It's faded a little now, thanks man." Bob smiled up at me. I was getting concerned. His wrists seemed to be getting worse over time. Gerard's soft gaze started to get to me and I finally looked at him. He didn't look away like I thought he would though, he just kept looking at me with a strange look in his eyes. He nodded towards the bunks. At first, I thought he wanted me to go there, but then it clicked that he wondered which I'd be sleeping in since both his bunk mates, Ellie and Lindsey, were not here. I shrugged at him and a small smile came to his lips. I suddenly felt nervous.

"Bunk with me?" He mouthed silently. I looked away and thought about it. Why not?

"Okay." I mouthed back. Half of his mouth spread into a smile, the little half smile he knew I found adorable. I glanced around, but nobody else seemed to notice our silent conversation. I went and sat back beside Mikey, and he swung his legs over mine, half laying back against the arm of the couch.

"Excuse me Michael, but I don't recall signing a contract to become your foot stool when I signed up for this band." I grinned at him.

"I don't even recall you signing up for the band. You basically stalked us till we let you in." He winked at me and I blushed. He was right, I was asked to join MCR because I was such a big fan while I was in Pency Prep. I hit his legs playfully and grinned at him.

"You're a tool."

"Douche."

"Stick."

"Homo."

"I'm married you fucker!" I yelled/grinned at him. He kicked my leg playfully.

"Yeah but it was almost to my brother, so you'll always be a homo to me."

"You're just jealous Mikey, that I can get men and women." He rolled his eyes.

"You're just greedy."

"You two have such a bromance." Ray laughed, handing us hot chocolate and sitting back down beside Gerard. I pulled Mikey up onto my lap and kissed his cheek.

"Ew! Faggot." He cried, wiping his cheek but not moving from my lap.

"He doesn't like public displays of affection. He prefers it... private." I winked at Ray and Mikey hit my arm that was around his waist. Gerard looked away, not looking amused and I smirked internally, hoping I was making him jealous. Mikey got himself comfortable in my lap and settled there while we drank the hot chocolate. Once we'd all come down from our post show high and we'd calmed down and weren't as giddy, Bob suggested it was bedtime. I checked my cell phone, and saw it was after midnight.

"You want me to bunk with you tonight Gee?" Mikey asked, looking a little hesitant.

"It's okay Mikes, I'll bunk with him." I said as if I was just offering. He nodded and made his way into Bob and Ray's room. He passed me my things and I transfered them into the bunk I was now sharing with Gerard. I changed quickly into my pyjama pants and was just pulling a clean t shirt over my head when Gerard came in in nothing but boxers. I avoided his eye as he sat on the bottom bunk on the right watching me. I suddenly felt nervous as I jumped up into the top bunk opposite Gerard's. He remained watching me.

"What?" I finally asked when it became a little uncomfortable. He stood up and leaned against my bunk, resting his chin on his hand.

"You never used to wear shirts in bed." He said quietly, looking at the grey T shirt I was wearing.

"Yeah well, it's urm... cold." I stammered as I went to lift the sheets over myself. Gerard's hand touched mine lightly.

"You're boiling hot." He said, looking searchingly into my eyes. I just shrugged and went to lay down, but he jumped up onto my bed and leaned above me on all fours, his hands either side of my hips as I was still kind of sat up.

"What are you doing Gerard?" I asked worriedly. He gave me a small smile.

"You know, when we kissed earlier it was like how it used to be. With the sparkly fireworks and shit." He smiled again but I didn't return it. I felt too nervous. He crawled a little closer to me and I felt his warm breath against my lips. I leant back a little, my arms supporting me.

"Do you want me Frankie?" He whispered, his lips only inches from mine. I felt my breathing get a little faster against my will. I nodded my head, but barely.

"Then get me." I felt his lips brush against mine, but he didn't kiss me. My stomach was tying itself in knots in anticipation. I wanted so badly to just kiss him, but we were both married. I wanted to ask him why, how he could do this to Lindsey, but I was scared he'd pull away and I didn't want him to move. If anything, I wanted him closer. I leaned back against the wall behind me, with Gerard crawling further up my body. I reached my hand up and slowly brushed my fingertips along his jaw, then curled my finger under his chin and pulled him closer. Our lips finally pressed together gently, and he kissed me back immediately. Suddenly, Jamia and Lindsey weren't important.

He tilted his head to the right and deepened the kiss, then wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to lay down. I wrapped my arms around his neck to keep him close and he laid fully on me, closing any distance between us. It didn't take us long to get heated, and I flipped us over so I was on top, straddling his hips. His hands tangled in my hair and he moaned softly as I ground my hips down against his.

"Frankie..." He breathily whispered as I kissed down his jaw, to his neck, and bit down gently. I felt his hands tighten in my hair and his hips rose against mine. I held back my moan and did it right back to him. He didn't hold back. I smirked triumphantly against his neck. His hands left my hair and stroked lightly down my body, then under my shirt, lifting it up and over my head, throwing it to the ground beside the bunks. His nails scratched lightly down my stomach and made me shiver against him. He took my momentary weakness as an opportunity to roll us back over and pin me down. He pinned my hips down with his hands as he kissed down my neck, chest and stomach. He looked up at me for any sign of hesitation, which I had no intention of showing, before pulling my pyjama pants down, leaving me in just my boxers like him. He trailed his tongue across the top of my boxers, tickling the sensitive skin. I would have been squirming but he still had me pinned.

"Gerard please don't tease me!" I moaned softly as his tongue trailed over the front of my boxers. He smiled up at me.

"Don't worry baby, I don't intend to... for long." I whimpered as he pulled my boxers down...

***

The next morning, I woke up in Gerard's arms. It panicked me at first, thinking I may have gotten drunk and brought some randomer back, but the previous nights events flash back in my mind within a few seconds. My heart leapt, as being back here was where I felt I belonged. He was still asleep and breathing deeply behind me. His arm was draped over my waist and the other was under my head as a pillow. I sighed happily and closed my eyes again, letting the warmth spread between us. It was then I realised... We were both still naked. I felt a little self conscious and exposed, but I knew it wasn't anything Gerard hadn't seen plenty of times in the past. Quicker than I would have liked, Gerard woke up. His arm tightened around my waist and he kissed the back of my neck.

"This never happened either." He whispered right against my ear. I nodded and rolled onto my back. He leaned over and kissed me quickly. His hand ran down my body and took hold of me, pumping me a few times before letting me go, smirking, then getting out of bed.

"You're a fucking tease." I muttered after him. He just grinned at me as he pulled clean boxers on and made his way to the bathroom. I sighed in frustration before dropping down from the bunk and getting dressed quickly, not bothering to shower but using more deodrant than there was oxygen in the room.

"Jesus Christ Frankie." Gerard laughed as he came back into the room, topless but wearing boxers and jeans. He was also soaking wet.

"What?" I asked, sitting on the bottom bunk and pulling my converse on, my eyes trailing up and down his body that was glistening with water droplets.

"How much deodrant did you use!?" He took it and sprayed a little under his arms before tossing it back on the bed we shared last night. I stood up and stood close to him, pressing his back against the opposite bunks and kissing his lips lightly. He smiled against my lips and wrapped his arms around my waist as mine snaked around his neck.

"Remember Frankie, this never happened." He said quietly as we pulled apart. I nodded.

"I know."

"Good boy." He smiled and kissed me deeply one last time before letting me go and make myself some coffee while he pulled a shirt on and came to join me. The other guys were all already up, which was strange cause I was usually the first awake.

"Wow you guys, it's almost noon, you guys slept around the clock." Gerard and I glanced at each other with small smiles.

"We obviously needed it." Gerard answered Mikey as he went and sat beside him with his cup of coffee. I sat in Ray's lap happily and for once he let me with no complaint. A small knock on the bus door made us all look up as Lindsey came in, her hair flustered so I guessed it was windy. I smirked a little to myself, thinking about what I did with her husband last night. Gerard kicked my leg under the table, and when my head snapped up, he glared at me. I did notice the playful look in his eye though. He stood up and greeted her with a peck on the lips, then he made her a coffee. Do I taste nice? Bitch. I chuckled involuntarily to myself, causing everyone to look up at me. I shook my head, suddenly blushing as I slid into the seat Gerard had previously occupied and off Ray's lap.

"It's a good job you're small Frank." Ray said as he stood up and put food and fresh water into Ellie's rat cage. I flashed him a cheesy grin and took another sip of my coffee.

"So what we doing today guys?" I asked grinning at everyone individually.

"What have you put in that coffee Frank? You seem to be vibrating? Are you glowing?" Mikey pressed his hand to my forehead.

"I'm fine Mikey, I just had a really great sleep." I couldn't keep the grin off of my face.

"It's all that sucking face he did with Gerard last night." Lindsey said with a smile on her face. Gerard and I both choked on the coffee we were drinking, before realizing we also kissed on stage, and that was the kiss she was referring to.

"Yeah he totally does it for me. Kissing the guy I've already kissed a bajillion times before still does that for me." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes with a smile.

"Don't deny you love it Frank." Gerard smirked at me, he had his arms around Lindsey's waist from behind and he winked at me over her shoulder. I could feel myself blushing a little.

"Oh my god Frank! You've gone so red!" Bob teased.

"Shut up man." I said smiling to myself.

"Aw you were a little too late Frank." Lindsey teased. I glanced up at her, feeling a little jealous. If only she knew what I did to her husband last night; and what he did to me. I smirked at Gerard and went to put my cup in the sink, passing Gerard and Lindsey on the way. I subtly squeezed his ass as I walked back. I was lucky that nobody noticed him jump a little.