Etudes & Arpegios: A Love Story

Chapter 10

Image

CHAPTER 10

We sat across from each other at the small diner overflowing with tourists. "So what do you want to know about me stud?" I asked looking at Jimmy taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper. "Actually I'll just talk and you ask whatever you want."

"Well my name is Violet Amelia Ross. I am 21 years old, I played the sax in High School and I wanted to go to college for it. I moved out here the summer after I graduated to go to the Musicians Institute here in L.A. but I met Tommy at a club and moved in with him. That's when I found out he was a heroin dealer. I had to stay home except when I went to do the grocery shopping or any other errands he wanted. He wouldn't let me get a job, go to school, or make any friends. There was 1 friend though. Tommy's partner was George and he had a girlfriend named Ki Ki. She was in it as bad as I was and the only one who understood anything at all. So we stuck together as a support post for each other. She had her baby girl Alesana 7 months ago and that baby is the love of our lives. She was the future we thought we weould never have. But I got the nerve to leave Tommy and I had to leave my girls too --"

I stopped to take in a deep breath, the tears brimming over my eyes. I looked up at Jimmy for the first time to see a glint in is eye. He was listening to me intently.

"I promised her i would come back for her as soon as I could. That's why I want to get a job and a place to live. But that's the gory part of it all, what about you?" I asked, folding and unfolding the napkin in front of me, putting on a smile for him.

"Well I'm from Huntington Beach," he began "I was homeless I've lived in a laundromat and I was always in trouble...always. I've known my friend Brian since before Middle School, I have a band with 3 other guys, whom you will meet later tonight."

"You're in a band?" I asked kind of confused.

"Yeah. Avenged Sevenfold. We're not quite big but we do have albums out."

"No way!" I said. I didn't know this. "Now you're going to use me for my fame aren't you?" he asked smirky.

"No just your good looks" I shot back smiling.

"What do you play?"

"Drums."

"Ahh that's awesome. I wish I could play the drums."

"Okay 20 questions," he said. "So I can get to know the basics."

"Miss Violet what is you favorite color?"
-Rainbow
"Food?"
-tortillas
"Movie?"
-The Little Mermaid, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sydney White, Underworld, and many others"
"Wow that was the most random list of movies-- anyways..."
"beverage, non alcoholic?"
-Dr. Pepper"
"What is your position on chocolate chip cookie dough?"
-I am pro cookie dough. All hail cookie dough in it's delumptious scrumptiousness.
"Okay, Misfits, Yay or ney?
-An absolute positive Yay. I am sentenced to bang any guy wearing a misfits shirt.
"Haha what?"
"I'm sorry it was a thing from high school with my friends. We vowed we would do that. But what about you gorgeous boy?"

And we continued talking for hours until the sun went down and the prostitutes and party goers came out ready for a night on the town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments..?

-x-