Silver Heart

Aiyana

My vision came unclear to me. I remember myself on Zack's back carrying me out of there. It all goes black when we step out of the room, but when I can see again I see that were running to the car. Then I'm laying on Zack's lap. I feel his hand on my stomach doing something. I hear Dalila screaming at Zack but I cant hear what there saying, my attention is on my stomach. There's no pain of any kind, but when I look down there are three huge rips in my stomach.

They are claw marks that came from the men who showed up after that girl screamed in pain. I guess that’s what I get for stepping on that knife, pushing it deeper into her chest. But one question is still ringing in my head. Why were they after me? I know I'm different that’s why people die when I'm there. Dalila said it was nothing you aren't a curse. She said that on the day when Dalila came home and told me our friend Kali died in a car crash. The last person that was ever really close to us both. She was coming here to move in with us.

I'd known her since I was 15 and I was 17 at the time. That was the 10th person who was ever close to me that died in 3 years. I know at the bottom of my heat there's a bigger picture to this than what it seems. I snap out of my head by the sharp turn Dalila made. I would have fallen if it isn't for Zack holding a tight grip on me. I can see he's trying to clean the wound but its starting to heal fast like with the leg. Which I'm happy, I don’t know how much more I can take the sight of it. But Zack sees it differently than I do, "Damn it!" He goes into a bag next to him and pulls out a pocket knife.

Wait why does he need that? He goes to cut my wound open, but I stop him just in time before he made contact with it, "What are you doing?! Its healing I'm fine!" He pushes me down with his body and covers my view from the wound. I'm screaming and flailing, "What are you doing?" I say repeatedly and then stop when I feel excruciating pain.

I look away and squeeze on the passenger seat in front of us to keep my mind on something else. We were in the back were the windows are tinted. I guess that was a good move to make. I don’t think people want to see what Zack's doing to me. We're in Dalila's green jeep I can hear rattling in the back that must be were the other duffel bags are.

Another stab of pain shots through my body. Then I feel something soft on my stomach. I look to see what it is he's doing? He moved out of the way so I can see what he's doing. The gashes are reopen bigger but not wider. I can see his lips on one sucking on it. I freak out, "What are you doing?!" I push him away from me. I'm off his lap only my feet aren't. He looks at me his lips are full of blood, my blood.

He growls at me, "What do you think? I'm trying to save you!" He says but muffled like he has something in his mouth.

"By sucking my blood!" he gets a bag out and spits something green and gooey in there. It looks so gross that a wave of nausea comes over me and I feel like I'm about to get sick.

"Oh No, Aiyana, you are not getting sick in my car!" I look up at Dalila her face full of fear I can see it but its covered up by anger. Towards who? You can probably guess who. Zack is still holding the bag, "This is poison that is on our claws, were not born with it instead they inject it into you. It’s a powerful weapon against humans, for us it just stings."He rolled me back on his lap and started sucking the venom out.

Again he had to cut my wounds open from me wasting time arguing with him. It hurt, he's almost done with my wounds when we're lunged forward. I fall on my stomach which didn’t help the pain and what makes it worst Zack is on top. He tries to get up but lands right on top of me again. Someone keeps hitting us. Just then I hear gun shots, "Hang on! We're almost there!" She pushes her foot all the way on the gas.

Shots are still being fired, and Zack isn't on top but still covering me with his body. After a bit there is complete silence except for the sound of police cars. This is our chance to escape. I see in Dalila's eyes that she has the same thought. She makes a right, it flings Zack on the other side of the car and the same with me. This time he's the one getting crush. He groans and shakes off the pain. He raps me in his arms, with my head on his stomach. Minutes pass and we come to a stop.

I get off Zack and look were we stopped at. The mall is were we stopped at, really! "Dalila this is not time for shopping, we have to go!" I yell, but she's already at the back of the car carry out the duffel bags. Zack grabs me by the waist and looks me in the eyes, "Its alright." His thumb rubbing on my hip, then he picks me up and sets me on the seat of the jeep. He opens the door and holds out a hand for me. I've only known him for not even a day, but I feel like that I've known him longer and that I can totally trust him.

I take his hand but stumble. He already starts running but I cant I just limp with my arms around my stomach. I look at it the wounds, they still didn’t heal yet and there's blood on my shirt and a little on my pants to. Zack is almost there when he probably realizes that I'm not next to him. He looks back and sees me limping, I try harder and faster to catch up to him but he comes to me and puts his right arm around me and helps me.

He's picking me up a bit just to take the pressure of my stomach. When we walk in we're on the top level. I see Dalila in front of a toy store on the left side down quite a bit. The store is called, John's Toy Store. She looks at us and points her head towards the store then walks in with the duffel bags. I'm sweating from the pain and panting. Its taking a lot of strength out of me to walk. I stumble out of Zack's arm and walk to the railing trying to catch my breath. Its not working, why isn't it working? Zack appears on my left side and sees that I'm worn out.

"We’re almost there Aiyana and then I promise you can rest." Zack reinsures me. What I want to know is why hasn’t my wound healed yet, it must be from the poison and the reopening Zack did to me. I put an arm on Zack and in return he raps his around me. I'm still panting and sweating but what seems like an eternity only took 2 minutes to get to the store. Right when we get in there are all sorts of toys. From small to big, children to teens and, dull to colorful. I see Dalila right when we walk in. She's talking to a store clerk at the front desk.

When I get there I immediately put my hands on the desk were the clerk is behind catching my breath. When I calm down a bit I look at him. He's a skinny man about 20, his hair milky brown, and has hair on his chin with a crooked nose. Looks like it got broke a couple of times. He's scared by Dalila, "So are you going to tell me were he is or are we going to have to do this the hard way?" Dalila asks in an irritating voice.

The man replied, "Like I said before he isn't here." He try's saying it in a stern voice but cracks at the end. Dalila slams her fist on the counter.

"Damn it, Steve. Tell me were he is!" She yells. I look around and people are starting to look over here to see what's going on.

Just then a man who is plump and small. Smaller than me says, "Steve, what's all the yelling -" He completely stops what he's saying when he lays his eyes on Dalila. She gives him a evil smile in return. He forces himself to smile but then turns and runs away to the back of the store. For a small man he runs really fast. Dalila with the duffel bags on her back, pushes the clerk and jumps over the counter. Steve lands with a thud. On the other side.

Before I realize it Zack picks me up bridal style and jumps on the desk then down. He starts running really fast. He probably could have gone faster without me in his arms. But he didn’t have a choice, spend minutes with my limp and I. Or be there in seconds. All the way at the back of the store is a door a little bigger than Zack. Dalila and the plump man must have gone through here because the door is wide open.

Zack goes through there. We go down a series of stairs until we break into a tunnel. Its damp and dark down here. By the time we catch up to them, Dalila just got there right in front of the man. "Hello, Jonathon how have you been?" she says in a voice I don’t like one bit. Her hair is wild and tangled from all this fighting and running.

"Now, Dalila, we have an agreement you aren't going to hurt me! You swore your life!" Jonathon said in a very pleading voice, like he knows he's going to die or something. I hope that doesn’t happen.

"Who every said I was going to hurt you John. And let you remind you what that other part of the deal was. You have to serve me, give me anything I want, and tell me information that I need to know about! Don't you remember, John!"

"Ye-, Yes, Yes! I could never forget!" His voice is desperate. My breathing is getting heavier and heavier by the minute. I grab Zack's shirt not intentionally but I just did it a need of one another's strength. While Dalila and John are arguing Zack whispers into my ear, "Are you alright?" I'm still holding on to his shirt, I let go and shake my head yes.

"Good" it's Dalila looking at us with an eyebrow raised. I can see Zack blush a bit and I have to admit so did I, "Now that we have everything settled a bit lets go to your head quarters, John."

He starts walking but looks back at me with questioning eyes then surprise struck him in the face. He continues his walk but more quickly this time. I look up at Zack with his sharp cheek bones and daggering green eyes I say to him, "I think I can walk now, Zack.

He looks down at me and says, "I'm sorry but I can tell your not we need to get to his head quarters and take a look at that wound." I crack a smile at him and he smiles back. That’s the first time I've every seen him smile. It’s a nice smile. I haven't seen a smile like that in ages.

We finally reach the head quarters. It’s a small tiny room with a bed many books and little gadgets here and there. Zack sets me down next to Dalila and doesn’t even notice I'm there. What's up with that? She must have too much on her mind to notice me. Which is fine with me.

"John we need many supplies and you need to get them fast! Do you understand?" Dalila speaks to John.

"Yes I do. What do you need?" John replies.

"Anything you have for camping gear that we need, food, and clothes. Hiking clothes and we need three of everything."

"Good anything else?"

"Yeah, I have a question." All three of them look at me. Dalila looks like she totally forgot I'm here. I continue without paying attention to them. "Why are others like Zack attacking me!" I say in a loud voice. Not a yell or scream but loud enough that everyone jumped a bit. All that frustration got out of me.

"Aiyana we don’t have time - " Dalia starts but I cut her off.

"Yes, we do and I'm not going anywhere until I know why people, werewolves, or who ever is trying to kill me! I have the right to know!" Everyone is silent for awhile. John is the one who finally spoke up.

"Don't you know who you are?" John says. Dalila gives him a "I'm going to kill you look". He takes a step back. I cross my arms over my chest even though I feel if I don’t have them on my stomach ill make myself unstable.

I look over at Dalila, "Apparently not." I say it in a small but stern voice. Dalila looks over to me and gives me a sad face and tries to say something but I don’t want to hear it. I'm done with this. "John where's you bathroom?"He points to the other side of the room where are backs are turned. "Thank you." I give one last look at Dalila before I go.

Zack grabs my arm and says, "Wait we have to look at your -" I raise my hand to cut him off.

"It will only take a minute." He still isn't sure of himself. I put my hand on were he has him on my right arm."I promise." I say with a smile, but he doesn’t return it. I push his hand off. I limp there then pain continues to increase I couldn’t feel it because the anger was. Which I'm glad it did or I wouldn't have been able to say what I had to. I open the door, turn on the light and go in closing the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah im on a roll baby!!
Comments/Subscribe
I love to hear what you have to say!