Status: Like I said, I will update when you guys give me somehting to write about, so request!

New: The Sidelines

Roison and Guide

GUIDE COULDN'T HELP the smile that came over him as he woke. It wasn't often that he completely relaxed, but, lately, he'd been able to forget the fact that he was supposed to be on constant alert and just collapse after the day was over and his brother, Grudge, took over the "night" shift. All of that was thanks to the slinky and sexy little wolf that was currently curled in his arms and sleeping peacefully.
After Roison had propositioned him when Pheobe had come to the school, he never thought that things would turn out this way. He never thought that he would not only be sharing an apartment, but a bed with the principal. And a wolf at that. Not that he minded. It made for an interesting sex-life. But, wow. . Had he been told a decade ago that he would be sleeping with the very same wolf that had given him the jagged scars covering the left side of his body, he would have laughed and then punched the idiot who suggested such a stupid thing.
Now, however, he was content. He was actually happy. Two very deep emotions that had never come often or easy to him in the past. In short, he was quite enjoying himself.
Roison stirred, the Saturday setting sun making her strawberry-blonde hair seem like fire. He had just recently gotten her to agree to keep it out of the dangerous braid while she slept. She had a tendency to thrash about. That meant that the makeshift weapon hit whatever was in its way, and that was never pleasant for the person on the other end.
Her tan eyes opened and she stretched like a cat in Guide's arms as she became alert. "Hey, Fangboy."
Guide flashed those very fangs in a smile and gave her a quick kiss. "Good evening to you, too." He pulled his arm out from under her and went to get out of bed. "Come on. We have things to do tonight."
In a quick move, she grabbed his arm and flipped him back onto the bed, throwing a leg over his waist and straddling him. "Damn straight, we do," she agreed with a sexy smile. She ran her hands up his bare chest, her fingers avoiding the scars she'd made. He knew they bothered her, but it wasn't like he could hide them. Nor did he want to. "You owe me more than just a kiss, vampire."
Guide's brows rose. "Do I?" He let his hands settle on her waist and began gently pulling up the fabric of the scrap of lingerie she liked to generously call a "nightgown". "Why don't you show me exactly what I owe you?"
She smirked and leaned over him, her hair falling around them like a curtain. "Just wait, Bloodbag. You won't be able to stand when I'm done with you."

**********************************************************************************

GUIDE WAS SMUG - not that anyone could really tell with his poker face. Roison was pissed, but that wasn't really his fault. Okay, technically it was his fault. She was just mad that he could still walk right and she could barely stand. But, damn, she had really given it a good try. If she had lasted another round, he would have been recuperating right along with her. Five rounds was enough to put anyone in the hospital.
He sighed. Even smug, he couldn't get the problems he was facing out of his head. Besides being Pheobe's Guard, he also had to protect the school. That was a full-time job, though things had settled down now that Pheobe and her friends had become the new council. On top of all that, though, Guide was worried about something more personal. Something that he couldn't figure out.
That something was Roison. He had no idea what she was thinking, or why she even started this with him. She hadn't even seemed to like him in any particular fashion, but instead had just offered him extra pay to sleep on her couch so that she could sleep without having to keep one eye open. The fact that it had developed sexually was just something that had seemed to happen without any thought or plan.
And now they were lovers. What that meant, Guide really didn't know, but he hoped it was significant. When Roison had threaten to skin him if he ever cheated, he had nearly burst with joy. It had been a long time since he'd felt such intense desire to have all of someone again. An extremely long time. Like, centuries. The fact that Roison seemed to show an interest was the greatest high he could get. All he needed to figure out was exactly how deep that interest went.
He had no idea how to do that.
As he walked the halls, a thought popped into his head. Turning on his heel, he made a beeline for the Halve dorm.

**********************************************************************************

"SO YOU'RE ASKING US?" the teen vamp, Taiyo, asked as he leaned back against his boyfriend, Elliot's legs. He munched on the chips spread out on the floor of Colleen and Pheobe's shared room. "That's so lame."
Colleen - a red-haired, halved pixie - threw a skittle at his head from her perch on her hammock. "Shut it, Taiyo. It wasn't too long ago that you were asking us for advice."
Taiyo hissed. "That was only as a last resort, and you just made things worse."
"You didn't have to take her advice," Cade, a pureblood pixie, said. "It's your own fault you screwed yourself over."
"Anyway. . . " Pheobe dragged out. She was the reason Guide was here. Though she was only eighteen, it was easy to talk to her and she was a wonderful being. She was the first person to look at him and not see his scars first. Her round, large eyes turned to him. "What's the problem, Guide?"
She had fit into her new role as SCP easily, he thought. It was as if she was born to lead and help others. The fact that she was all the species combined made it easy to accept her, too. "It's about Roison."
"Yeah," Taiyo said dryly. "We got that."
Pheobe sighed, rubbing her star-burst scar. She seemed to do that when she was tired. "You want to explain?"
"I want to know how you get someone to admit that they love you."
The room went quiet for a minute, before Taiyo spoke up. "You're really serious about her, aren't you?"
Guide nodded. "Of course. I just don't know if she's serious about me. That's a problem."
"Yes," Elliot murmured., frowning at the top of Taiyo's head. "That would be a problem."
Taiyo frowned, but said nothing.
"Why don't you just ask her?" Colleen asked with a pointed look at Cade. Luckily, Pheobe was sitting on the floor in front of them, so she didn't see it. There was a problem there, everyone knew. "It might just be that easy."
"Uh," Pheobe started. "This is Roison we're talking about. She's never 'easy'."
Guide smirked. "I like her that way. But Pheobe's right. She would never just come out and say it."
The room grew quiet again. Surprisingly, Elliot was the one who broke it. "You haven't told her your feelings yet?"
Guide grimaced. "That would have her running for the hills and landing me out in another room."
Elliot nodded. "Well. . . Why don't you ignore her for a bit?"
Guide's head snapped back. "Ignore her? Why?"
"Like a mind game," Taiyo explained. He grinned. "You're a vampire, so mind games should be easy, especially with your little gift. Ell wants you to show interest, but not so much interest. Like she means something, but not enough. Girls hate it when their boyfriends aren't possessive. Boys are somewhat the same." He gripped Elliot's hand. "Show her that you have other options and she'll get jealous. Jealousy is one step closer to love."
Guide's brows raised. Ah, that made sense. "Alright," he said. "I'll try it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this is Part 1 of the Roison and Guide excerpt. Gonna be some drama and I'm not sure how many parts there will be - three at the most, maybe. I hope you enjoy it so far, though I only have one subscriber. Spread the news to the other New readers!! Remember to comment! Comments don't have to be requests (obviously), but if you think of any crazy scenarios you want to hear about, comment on the story! It's easy than getting it through a message and I can keep things organized. Thanks so much.