Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Try Being In My Shoes

13

The clicking of heals and banging of doors soon filled the hallway as Mom left whilst I sat upright with Gee by my side.

"Thank God you've stopped with the tugging!" He applauded, breaking that silence that had filled the room for several minutes. A smirk played on my face as I reached out to the side before Gerard's face dropped and he grabbed at my wrist.

"Frank" he whined keeping a firm grip on my wrist.

It was then, looking into his eyes that I saw a kind of protection. Like a fatherly figure. So why did he do the things he did? Why did he flick through girls and leave them when he got bored? He had the potential to be an amazing person. An amazing father. Yet here he was, in his twenties with no real woman beside him. Just some life-sized Barbie doll flung over his shoulder.

I could imagine him. Happy. With a beautiful woman and a family who love him just as much as I did.

I slowly let my hand go limp as Gee loosened his grip.

"Why, Gee?" I asked. A confused expression consumed his features as he stared at me. Knowing what he was thinking I continued.

"Have.." I began before dropping my gaze to my fingers.

"Have you ever really loved any of the girls you've dated?" I asked him still looking into my lap.

"Well duh, of course I have" he almost laughed, as he sat back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest. I raised an eyebrow in his direction as his comment which made his expression drop to a frown.

"What?"

I rolled my eyes and let out another frustrated sigh.

"Seriously, have you ever truly felt they could be the one you could spend the rest of your life with?" I explained in more detail, he switched his eye line from me to a spot in front of him on my bed and stared off in thought. Once again a silence consumed us and after a short while his face turned from thought to a kind of sadness.

"I... No" he replied looking almost ashamed as he buried his face into his hands and sighed before he went quiet; the only sound in the room was the sound of Gerard whispering, cursing himself.

"Gee?" I asked when the silence became awkward.

He stood and avoided any eye contact, instead trying to find something to look at around the beige walls. "I'm. I'm going home, you... Stay, get better." He mumbled before turning and power walking from the building, leaving me all alone. Just like Mom had. Except now, there was no one here beside me, I truly was all alone.

That was when I started thinking to myself. Who was the girl I could see myself with until I died? Did I really love Ruby?

Did I ever love Ruby?
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, filler ._.
Sorry it took so long, I've not been in the mood for writing, been dealing with annoying stuff ¬¬
Irma try and update more peoples.
3 comment rule.
Push it to 4?