Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Try Being In My Shoes

2

It was Friday night. Movie night. Beth would be there any minute and I decided after my little 'talk' with Gerard I was gonna try and show Beth how I felt about her.

I had to make sure everything was perfect. I looked in the full-length mirror flicking my fringe out of my eyes and grooming myself. I undid the top two buttons of my shirt and pulled it down, making sure it was flat. I looked in the mirror at myself. Black shirt with silver pinstripes, tight black jeans and new pair of black converse, my eyes coated in eyeliner and my hair newly dyed. I'm not trying too hard am I?

I rushed downstairs and turned the main light off. I dimly lit one or two of the lamps in the room and fluffed up a few of the cushions. I cleaned up Gerard's mess before standing back and taking a look at the almost new looking room. The red wallpaper lit as the lights came on and transformed the room from the hell-hole it was by day, to something out of this world, it looked so romantic.

Okay, I had a couple more things to do before Beth came. I went into the kitchen and shoved some popcorn into the microwave and scavenged through the cupboards for a bowl. I knelt down and reached to the back of the cupboards to find one.

"Ooh, all dressed up are we?" I heard Gerard's voice. I jumped slightly out of fear and banged my head against the roof of the cupboard.

"Shit!.. What do you want?" I asked clasping my head and reaching back out of the cupboard placing the bowl on the top.

"Nothing really.. I'm goin' to Tessa's for a bit.. be back later," he continued grabbing his jacket off the table.

"Oh and uh, Frank.. use a condom" he smirked.

"Gee, unlike you, I don't want to date a girl just to fuck her," I hissed. He giggled cockily and placed his jacket over his shoulders.

"You want her don't you?" He asked leaning against the door frame.

"Well, maybe, but that's besides the point, we're just watching a movie," I lied avoiding eye contact and routing back through the cupboards.

"Frank," he began kneeling down beside me and placing a hand on my shoulder. I continued to avoid his eye line but I stopped routing and out of the corner of my eye, looked at his hand.

"Listen, I know you like her, I'm just teasing you but seriously, if you ask me she's just waiting for you to make the first move," he spoke softly. I remained quiet and shifted my gaze down to my knees.

"Gee, I...I'm afraid though," I mumbled.

"Afraid of what? You're a good-looking guy, you're smart, all those things I said yesterday.. I didn't mean any of it. I was just mad. Frank if she has any sense she'll like you too. I promise," He said encouraging me.

"Thanks Gee," I mumbled, standing up so his hand fell off my shoulder. He rose beside me and returned to the door frame.

"I'll see you when I get back," he tossed me a smile and went to close the door after him.

"Oh Gee?" I called after him.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Use a condom" I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again. Continue?