Oceans Between Us

long distance and packing

Ch 9

Zach’s P.O.V

So after my date with Jaz I had to go back to the hotel. My mom, dad, and Vic started talking to me about something I didn’t want to talk about, but at the same time I wanted to talk about.
Mom- alright hunny we know you made a new friend but we are leaving in 3 days so if there is anything left you want to do make sure to do it before you go back.

Vic- Yeah bro, you didn’t want to come here, and soon we are going home you should be happy.

Me- Um… yeah I am.

Dad- But at the same time you aren’t. I can tell by the look on your face. Is this about a girl.

Me- Um no it doesn’t matter anyway.

Dad and Vic shrug then the leave to grab some pop.

Mom- I know you darling, and I know that face, it is more than just some girl.

Me- Um well yeah but I mean she lived here we live in Cali.

Mom- Well long distance relationships can work if you try hard enough and put the effort.
Also with you band if it takes off you will be touring and you will have to have a long distance relationship, and you will be here more often.

Me- Mom but I mean Colorado and Cali aren’t exactly close.

Mom- I know a long distance relationship isn’t easy, but what you have to decide is do you think it she is worth it.

Then my mom walks out and goes into the room is sharing with dad. I know one thing is for sure, she is worth it, no question.

Jaz’s P.O.V

Zach dropped me home, and I wasn’t too pleased to be honest.

Me- Hey mom I am home.

Mom- Good hunny start packing up alright

Me- Yeah of course mom.

I go to my room and start packing up, I am going to miss this place, but what I am going to miss most is Zach, but then again even if I stayed here Zach still wouldn’t be here anyway, so I can’t be too mad. I just hate moving that is all, but what can you do other than suck it up and deal, that is ok for your health? So I pack up a good amount of my room in 2 hours, I have a whole system now. Then I go downstairs to talk to my mom.

Me- Mom where are we moving?