Oceans Between Us

Going Away Present

JAZ'S POV
"I don't know yet, Jaz. Your father still hasn't told me," she said with a worried look on her face.
"Oh, okay. Well, I should go call Zach..." I sighed.
"I know you don't want to do this, but if it's meant to be, fate will bring you two together again. You know long distance relationships always fail, and you'll probably get your heart broken. Just know, you're doing the right thing."
"I know, mom, it's just... there's something special about Zach. He's different than all of the other guys that come here for volleyball or whatever. No, it's not the fact that he's a rock star, either. Just different. Good different, I mean."
"I'm sure you mean it," she said, "and I think you two have great chances of marriage and everything. I see how he looks at you. He may not be the best choice for you, being famous and all, but he shows his love for you... you may not even notice it. I should stop going on about the obvious," she chuckled.
"I know mom, but I have to. I have to break it off, it wasn't meant to be anything anyway. It was a bet," I sighed.
"Whatever you feel is the right thing to do," she said simply.
"Can you drive me to Zach's?" I hated not having a car.
"About that," she said, "I think you should go look outside," she winked. Mind reader? Creepy.
I looked outside and found a dark greenish car. I squealed and thanked my mom. I didn't know what it was, but I loved it. I may not be a genius about car models, but, thankfully, there was a booklet in the backseat. It turned out to be a 2011 Chevy Traverse, and they're pretty expensive. I'm sure this one was new, it smelled it, at least. I drove to Zach's house, in a great mood for what I was about to do.
I knocked on the door.
"Hello? Oh, hey Jaz," he kissed me.
I didn't kiss back, just stood there with tears running down my cheeks.
"I think we should... break up?" I whispered between tears. I didn't want to, but it had to be done.
"Wait- W-w-why?"
"Zach, long distance relationships suck. You know that, I know that. The entire world knows that. The only people that have them are overly optimistic, you know. I can't do this if we're being so far apart."
He didn't say a word, he just stood there in shock. I cried into his chest, but he didn't say anything. It was like he turned into a statue.
"I'm also moving, so even if you did stay, this would have to happen."
"Where?" Ah, it's alive.
"I don't know yet, my dad won't tell us."
"Well, this could still work. You don't even know what state?"
"No, and I know we're not going to meet up again. Unless I go to one of your concerts when you're super duper famous with girls constantly throwing themselves at you, most of which prettier and smarter than I."
"That's a lie," he said, "you're the smartest and most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on, and I've seen many girls," he winked.
I wiped my eyes and laughed.
"How long do we have?" I asked.
"We have as long as we want," he mumbled into my hair.
"No, seriously," I sighed."
"Two days and six hours," he said quietly.
"Well, let's make the most of that," I sighed again.
"What do you want to do?"
"Anything," I said.
"Come in, it's okay. No one's home."
"Zach, I shouldn't-"
"No, seriously. If you're leaving, I want you to have something to remember my by," he said.
"...Keepsake?"
"Little more than that, Jazzy," he said in a flirtatious tone.
"Ah, I see," I winked.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, and his arms went around my waist. His lips found mine, and electricity shot through my body. I don't want to call it danger, but it was like adrenaline was playing a part in all of this. We backed into the living room, closing the door behind us. In a way, I knew where this was going. I didn't necessarily want this, but if we were going away...
Wait, Jaz. Stop yourself. You DON'T want it to go that far.
"Zach," I whispered. "Zach," a little louder.
"Hmm?" his lips moved to my neck, his warm breath felt pleasant.
"We can continue, but let's not have this go too far," I whispered.
"All right," he mumbled. I pulled his face back up to mine, remembering how he'd never let it get this far.
We made it over to the couch, and I sat down. I didn't know what to do, I've never made out with someone. He started to push me back and I allowed it. He was laying on top of me, and we were just kissing endlessly. After about twenty minutes, we decided we were done. "Now come up to my room, I've got something for you."
I got a knot in my stomach. "You're not.."
He laughed and said, "No, Jazzy. I would never do that, never take that away from you. That's... not my right. I was just going to give you something." He smiled. Why, oh why, did I have to leave this? Why couldn't we move in together, start our life together? Why is life unfair?
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize if it sucks. I am twelve years of age. For the record, that shouldn't make you treat me differently. I have no makeout experience. I was told it was good, so I left it... baahah. We're almost caught up :)