Oceans Between Us

being 'Kidnapped' is fun

Ch 15

"Yeah, sure," I said. I laughed at his small 'embarrassment' there, not looking away from his slightly red face. I smiled. We decided on everyone showing me around, since I was the newbie here. Besides, I did the same for Zach whenever I could. I took him everywhere so he could familiarize himself.

We were in his crappy, beat up, used car. I was awkwardly sitting between Nathan and Michael.

"Where are we going?" I asked the driver, Cameron.
"Park," he said, not taking his eyes off the road.
"I see," I smiled. I loved parks, and I have no idea why.

We had a great time, nothing really interesting happened either. We got back to my house around 5, and by then, the guys all ditched us.

"Finally," he sighed, "I thought they'd never leave."
I smiled and sat down on the hammock in my backyard. He sat next to me and grabbed my hand.
"So, Jasmine, will you be my girlfriend again?"
"Of course!" I put my arms around his neck and kissed him.
After that 'fun exchange,' I was soon 'kidnapped' and taken to his parents' house for dinner - without knowing until we were in his car again. I was allowed to call and invite my parents, at least. They agreed to come.
"So, Jasmine, how are you liking California?" Vic asked.
"It's pretty awesome," I smiled.
I could feel warm breath on my neck, and soon an arm appeared around my waist. I looked up into Zach's ocean blue eyes, which were pretty far away, considering the fact that he was a whole four inches taller than I.
We were just standing on his front porch, as our parents socialized in the kitchen. Zach plopped down on the couch and patted the spot next to him, and I sat down, only to be attacked by a load of kisses. I played along for a good five minutes, but I had to pull away eventually.
"you tease," he whispered, kissing my forehead.
I pulled the strings on my sneakers and kicked them off. After that, I whispered, "oh, really?"getting close to his face and quickly pulling away. I giggled.
I noticed a face in the window... Vic.
"I'm gonna kill your brother," I laughed.