Oceans Between Us

I'm Getting Zach Back.

Zach's POV

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen before I could think. I scribbled the world "Plan" at the top and underlined it quickly.

'What are you doing?' asked the little voice.
'She doesn't want you back. She wants Mason now. You can't possibly get her back. Just face it, your heart's been stolen and you can't get it back.'
"Shut up," I muttered under my breath.

There was no denying that I was a complete mess right now, even the guys could tell. Nobody could really hold a conversation with me because I couldn't stay focused. Sometimes I got lost while we were sound checking.

"How do I get her back?" I whispered.
"Well, you could be annoyingly persistent and follow her everywhere," Cameron suggested.
"Yeah, because she won't hate me for it."

The conversation ended there as if he knew it was a stupid plan.

Jasmine's POV

What did I do to deserve this? Seriously. I have to go to the concert with Mason tonight, too. This might be interesting.

"Mason, I don't understand," I said, referring to the math worksheet he was helping me with.
"You just have to figure out the value of x," he said, kissing my forehead.
"I know, I just don't know how to."
"You use the Division Property of Equality. You take 6x and isolate the variable, then you solve."
"Ugh, fine."

That continued for an agonizing half hour and it was time to leave.
"We don't have to go if you don't want to, Jazzy."
"Just, please... don't call me Jazzy," I whispered breathlessly.
"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to, really."
"So we don't have to go?" I asked hopefully.
"Of course not."
"Thanks."
"Hey, I... well, I think... I think I love you."
"You, we, just... Mason, if there's one thing I've learned in the past, it's that if a guy tells you he loves you within the first week, he really doesn't. That's his way of saying 'I hate being single.'"
"No, I just- I meant it."
"No, no you didn't. I can tell with these things. I think... we need to break up. Just... goodbye," I said, exiting his room and house.

What did I just do? Was it the right thing? I actually could tell. He didn't love me. I... no matter what, Zach was my love. My only one.

Was it that someone finally told me he loves me that made me realize? One thing was for sure, I was getting Zach back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh. I had fun writing this, it was quite the break from all of the depression! More comments means faster updates. Don't be a silent reader.

I apologize for the dumb length, I'm experiencing a massive writer's block.