Oceans Between Us

Life's Been a Roller Coaster

I stood there for a few awkward moments as it became a staring contest.
"Guys, come on. Don't fight, I'm not worth it," I said.
"But, love, you are worth it. I'm in love with you," Mason pleaded.
"If you were in love with me, Mason, I'd feel the same way. But I don't, my heart belongs to Zach. I'm one hundred percent serious."
"But, Jasmine, you don't understand. You're my entire world. I think about you day and night. I can't get you off my mind," he said.
"If you loved her, you'd leave her to be happy. If I make her happy, you'd leave her with me," Zach piped up from the other side of the room.
"And that's what you couldn't do, my friend. You had to use your... whatever charm, to steal my girl away. I finally found a girl who doesn't like me for my football or my good grades, just for me, and she gets stolen away... by a rockstar from California."
"You'll find another girl, Mason. I used to think the same, well, kind of. Since I became famous, all girls liked in me was the fact that I was a famous singer and they could use me to get famous. When I found Jaz, everything was different. She knew about me, but she wasn't intimidated or anything. She liked me for Zach. She's just that kind of person. My guess is you're in love with her actions. You'll find someone, but this girl, she's mine."
"I hate it when people have a point," Mason joked, "because I'm always the bad guy. I'm so very sorry to interrupt, guys, and thanks, Zach. That was really nice, and it was probably hard to keep your cool there. I apologize. If you don't mind, I'll be going now."

Mason exited via the window and I sat down on my bed.

"I love you for doing that, Zach. I really, really do."
"It was the right thing," he whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Jasmine! The boys are here," my mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

I lugged my bags down the steps and dropped a few along the way.

"Let me help you," Zach said, grabbing a few and heading back up for the rest.
"Hey Cam, Hey Mikey, Hey Nathan. Long time no see!" I said, giving each one of them a hug.
"Long time no see, babygurl."
"Eh, life's been a roller coaster."

And after that we were all moved into the tour bus and it was very confined.

"This is so weird, what's going on tonight?"
"Driving, driving, and more driving," Cameron told me.
"Perfect," I said, plopping down on the couch.

Maybe the tour life was going to be good, maybe it wasn't, but for now it seemed pretty luxurious.