In the Middle of a Gun Fight

Chapter 3

My phone had been laying out on my bed for the past 4 hours as I paced back and fourth, waiting for Gerard to call. I wouldn't say I was desperate... But anyone else who saw this scenario would.

"Sweety?" My mom called from the hall, a soft knock sounding on the wood of my door. I sighed.

"Yes, mom?" I called back, knowing that dinner was done, and that I would have to leave my phone all alone because, unfairly, I'm not aloud to have my phone at the table; even though my dad was.

"Dinner's ready, honey," she said, predictably. I nodding, then fit myself in the forehead, remembering she couldn't see me.

"Alright. Be down in a s-" My phone went off and my head shot to my bed. I ran and jumped onto my bed, flipping open my phone.

"Hello?!" I said, breathless, and a boy laughed on the other end.

"Sam?" He asked, smile still in his voice. I laughed once, taking a deep breath.

"Mmhhmmm!" There was a pause and a rustling sound before he spoke again.

"Sorry. I had to help Mikey with something. Anyway, I was wondeirng if you wanted to do something tonight?"

"Samantha! Come on! Your dinner's getting cold!"

"Hang on, mom!" I called, sitting up. "What did you have in mind?"

"Mmm... A movie?" He suggested, hopeful.

"Alright, cool. I have to go eat dinner, so, check what's playing and call me back in, like, an hour, alright?" He chuckled at my demands and I blushed. Good thing he couldn't see me.

"Alright, sugar," My heart practically melted. "Call you later. Bye."

"Bye," I muttered, closing my phone and leaning back against my backboard. Another knock, harder this time. My mom must be frustrated. I ran to my door, skidding to a stop and taking a deep breath before opening it and facing my mom, grinning.

"Are you alright, sweetie?" She asked, concerned at my breathlessness and my red face. I walked past her, running down the stairs.

"Mom," I called over my shoulder. "Is it alright if I go out tonight?" She was suddenly behind me, laughing in delight.

"And who will you be going with?" My smile faltered, sitting down and picking up my fork, stuffing my mouth so I didn't have to answer. She nodded, smiling wider.

"It's a boy!" She shouted, practically dancing around the kitchen. "Your first boyfriend! Oh my goodness!"

"Mom! Caaalllmmm!" I said, laughing. She sat down by me, scooting closer and laying her chin on her palm.

"Soooo? What's his name? What's he like?! Did you two kiss yet-"

"Mom!" I stopped her and she pouted. I sighed, laughing. "Mom," I repeated. "I JUST met him, alright? We're just going out to a movie. No big deal!" Her lip popped out, wanting to know the details. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"His name is Gerard Way. He's funny, and smart, and he's as passionate about music as I am... And he is GORGEOUS!" We both cheered, as now we were both excited.

"What're you gonna wear?!" She shouted, clearly interested. I shrugged.

"I haven't thought about. We did just set this up 10 minutes ago," I laughed. She rolled her eyes, pulling me up and leading me back upstairs.

"What're you doing?" I asked as she lead me back to my room. She sat me on the bed, walking over to my closet.

"Helping you!"
****************************************************************************************************
I looked beautiful, I couldn't lie, and my mom was tearing up probably just because I was going out on my first date. Gerard had called about an hour ago, and said he would be here at 8, about 10 minutes away.

"Sweetie," My mom choked, blowing her nose in a Kleenex she pulled from the box on my nightstand. I looked at her, smiling, almost crying myself... But I didn't... She had PILED on the make-up. "You look gorgeous." I grinned at her, putting a straightened piece of hair behind my ear. I looked in the mirror, nodding, agreeing. The short, black dress accented my curves perfectly, and the laced tights with the black stiletto heels made my legs look like they went for miles. I wore a red half-jacket over my shoulders and a ruby necklace that my grandmother had given my mom when she died. I wore thick mascara and eyeliner, and it made my hazel eyes pop, and the bright red lipstick complemented my face, as my mom said. All and all, I looked amazing. I just hope it wasn't too much for a movie. I looked at my mom again, who now had tears streaming down her face. I laughed slightly, making my eyes soft as I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Mommy," I said, feeling three again. "Don't cry." She rubbed my back, pulling away so she wouldn't get tear stains on my jacket. She smiled up at me, whipping her tears away. Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ring, and I got wide eyes. She chuckled, telling me to stay up here while she answered the door.

"Wait a few minutes then come down. It will make you seem like you forgot... Or... Something." I laughed at her, telling her I'd wait at least 2 minutes. She grinned, patting my shoulders and walking out of my room, smoothing out her pants and walking into the hall. I heard her go down the stairs, open the door, and start talking. At 8:02 (He had been on time, and I felt SO bad for keeping him waiting, even if it was for a very short amount of time) before walking out and to the top of the stairs. I took a deep breath then, smiled, walking down the steps. I saw hims standing there, and my heart raced. He was wearing a black, button up shirt, black skinny jeans, and black converse. His hair had been straightened and he had a touch of eyeliner around his eyes. He looked beautiful. I guess he thought the same about me as I walked down the stairs. He was wide eyed and his mouth gaped.

"Don't look so surprised, honey," I said, closing his mouth for him and smirking. My mom laughed slightly, giving me a thumbs up. Gerard gulped, smiling.

"You're just a little intimidating, that's all. You look beautiful." Now, I blushed, looking down.

"Thank you. You look amazing yourself."

"Alright, kids! Go have fun! As I said, her curfew is 11... But, for a nice boy like you, I can make it 11:30." Gerard and my mom shook hands with smiles. He opened the door for me and I hugged my mom before walking out into the cool air. Gerard and I were now the same height now, as I was the same height as Frankie, and I could see every feature about Gerard because of the heels. His eyes gleamed in the moonlight, filled with a mix of excitement and nerves. His hair covered part of his right eyebrow and, without thinking, I pushed it out of his face with a smile. He grinned, holding out his arm. I took it and he escorted me to his car. He opened the door for me, then closed it behind me. Once he got in, we buckled up and he started the car, driving down the road. There was silence, but it wasn't awkward, like we were both used to it.

"I found a movie that I THINK you would like." He said, breaking the silence. I looked at him, grinning.

"What movie?"

"It's called 'A Bullet Through A Flock Of Doves'. It's a scary movie..." He trailed off, looking at me to see if that was okay. I grinned in reassurance. He smiled, looking back at the road.

"Am I too dressed up?" I asked after another moment of silence. He laughed as if that was a silly question and I blushed.

"Don't worry about that, sugar. You'll be the prettiest girl there!" I looked down, tucking hair behind my ears and saying thanks. Once we got there, everyone stared at us, and I began to feel self-conscious. Gerard took my hand, grinning encouragingly. I smiled back, squeezing his warm, soft hand as we got to the ticket booth. He forbid me to buy my ticket, my popcorn, or my soda, and when I tried to say I felt bad, he put his finger to my lips, saying that the boy was suppose to buy on the first date, and that made me very happy. And let me know that he was an actual gentlemen. During the movie, I cringed against him, hiding my face behind his shoulder a couple of times. During the scariest parts, he put his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder and telling me when the scenes were over. When the movie was done, we walked out and back to the car, It was only 10:30.

"Do you wanna get some coffee?" He asked, starting the ignition and pulling away from the curb. I nodded, staring out my window, thinking about his hand on mine, and wishing he would hold it again. As if he could read my mind, his hand wrapped around mine. I traced lines on his hand with my thumb and he squeezed, causing my lips to form a smile. It was quiet the rest of the ride as we played with each other's hands. Soon, we arrived at a coffee shop called "CADENCE!" and Gerard turned off the car, quickly jumping out and around the car, tripping in the process. I giggled as he stood back up, dusting himself off, laughing at himself. He opened my door, smiling goofily.

"Sorry about that. Converse are slippery." We laughed together as he stuck out his hand. I took it and he helped me out of the car, not letting go. As we entered, everyone looked toward the door, smiling. I heard "Gee's back!" and "Dude! Welcome back!" And I blushed because their eyes were also on me. Gerard waved at all of them, leading me to a table in the back of the shop. He pulled out the chair for me before he sat down. I scooted in, folding my hands on the table.

"What can I get 'cha?" My head popped up, looking at the waitress. But she wasn't looking at me, just Gerard, and I got the feeling of jealousy. It over-took me, and I cupped my hands over his, smiling up at Lisa, as her name tag said. Her grin fell, glaring at me.

"What do you want, sugar?" Gerard asked me, trying not to laugh. I thought for a second, then grinned at him.

"Whatever you're getting, baby." I answered. He winked at me, asking for two peppermint mocha's. She wrote it down then stomped away. I suspected that I wouldn't want to drink that coffee, if she was making it. I smiled at Gerard, rubbing my thumb on his soft, warm skin. He grinned.

"Got a little jealous, did we?" He questioned and I cleared my throat, blushing. I thought about denying it, but then thought it wouldn't do any good. I hung my head, defeated.

"You're funny, smart, you love and are passionate about music. And you're absolutely gorgeous... I just... Don't wanna share you..." He pulled my chin up, smiling and looking into my eyes.

"No one said you had to, honey." I bit my lip, looking at the small stage in the corner as a spot light came on.

"Who's ready for some very talented singers, huh?!" A guy shouted over the mic and everyone cheered. "Who's up first?!" Suddenly, all eyes were on us... Errr... Gerard, more specifically. He sighed, laughing.

"Alright! Alright!" he called and they all clapped and cheered. Gerard stood up and I clapped, wanting to hear his voice. But, instead of walking to the stage, he stood infront of me, holding out his hand and grinning. I gulped, shaking my head. Suddenly, the spot light was on us, and I started to sweat.

"Come on, sugar. Sing with me." Everyone tried to encourage me by clapping, but I was frozen in place. Gerard's soft eyes got replaced by wide, puppy dog eyes, pleading for me to take his hand. As the crowd started chanting "Sing! Sing! Sing!" I took Gerard's hand, letting him pull me up and drag me to the stage, spot light following.

"I've never sung infront of a crowd before, Gerard," I whispered, only looking at him. He beamed at me, motioning me to get in a huddle.

"You'll be fine. What's you're favorite song?" I thought for a short moment then whispered a song title in his ear. He laughed and picked up a guitar, holding it out to me.

"You play?" He asked and I nodded, taking the acoustic and putting the strap around me, walking to the mics. I took a deep breath before playing the familiar notes. And I started to sing:

I walk this only road, the only one that I have ever known, don't know where it foes, but it's only me and I walk alone. I walk this empty street, on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams, when the city sleeps and I'm the only one and I walk alone, I walk alone I walk alone, I walk alone I walk a-

Gerard sang with me, and I almost stopped. Hearing his voice made the butterflies flutter in my stomach, but we continued until the end, and we even got a standing ovation. We listened to a few more singers, and drank our coffee, before walking outside. I had to stop to breath for a second, not believing what we just did. Gerard put a hand on my shoulder, rubbing gently, smiling.

"You did amazing. And your voice is one of the best I've ever heard-"

"I would agree." We both jumped as our heads snapped to our right. A man in a Beatles t-shirt, ripped, worn out jeans, and black torn up converse, with a beanie half way on his head and a cigarette in his mouth smiled, walking toward us. Suddenly, Gerard pulled me closer, protectively.

"Can I help you?" He growled, holding me tight. The man held up his hands, laughing.

"Hey, man. She's hot, but that's not what I'm here for!" Gerard's grip got looser, but he still held me. The man pulled out a white card from his pocket, carefully handing it to me, like Gerard was going to hit him. I skimmed over it, Gerard reading over my shoulder. My eyes widened, looking back at the man.

"Y-you're a record producer?" I stuttered, gulping. He nodded, grinning.

"You two were brilliant together, and I was wondering if you would come to the studio so my boss could hear?" he sounded hopeful and he interlocked his fingers, pleading. I glanced at Gerard and he shrugged nodding slightly. The man caught it.

"THANK YOU! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! I'm Bryan by the way." He shook our hands then looked at his watch, wincing at the time. "If I don't get home, my girlfriend's gonna KILL me. I'll see you tomorrow. 3'o'clock?" Gerard and I nodded and Bryan smiled once again, waving once and running down the street. Gerard and I looked at eachother, alone again. I could see the excitement in his eyes, and I felt the same way. We got in the car and drove back to my house. I was on my porch at 11:25.

"You got me home early. My mom will approve." We both laughed as we stood there, staring into eachother's eyes. He rubbed the back of his neck, clearing his throat.

"Can... Can I k-kiss you?" He stammered and I laughed, putting my arms around his neck, leaning in and closing my eyes.

"You're home!" I jumped, almost falling down the stairs. Gerard caught me, steadying me. My mom blushed, mouthing sorry and walking away, but keeping the door open. Gerard look irritated, but smiled anyway, just settling on a hug.

"I'll call you tomorrow, alright?" He sounded like he was asking for permission. I nodded, looking up at him. Before going inside, I pecked him on the cheek and smiled. He got a goofy grin as he stumbled back to his car, getting in and driving away. I held my forehead, walking inside and closing the door behind me. My mom popped up, but, surprisingly, it didn't startle me. Instead, I grinned, taking of the painful heels and throwing them on the floor, hugging her and walking up the stairs to my room only saying, "Goodnight." I would tell her everything in the morning. For now, I wanted to get into my pajamas, crawl into bed, and have dreams about Gerard while his beautiful face and fresh scent was in my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DDD Enjoyyy. Comment? ^____^