Status: completed.

If You Only Had a Heart

0 1 2

I woke up early the next morning, John was still sprawled across his side of the bed, snoring away. I pulled the duvet off me, before I climbed out of bed and onto the cold wooden floor, I headed into the bathroom to do my business and take a warm shower. The events from last night still placed in my mind, it wasn’t as though I was expecting them to disappear. I wasn’t sure if he had broken up with Karen or not, but it was obvious I was going to need to know, because I wont give him the chance to hurt me again and this time is different too, because now Little John has been added into the equation, if John hurts him then there will be no hope for him after that. Little John’s heart just won’t be able to cope with it, especially after just finding out who is Father is.

Coming out of the bathroom, wrapped in nothing but a towel I headed over to my closet, I pulled on some leggings and a long tank top before I decided to head to the kitchen to make breakfast. As I placed three plates onto the table I noticed John was stood in the doorway, with his all so famous side grin, which showed off his pearly white teeth.

“Morning, Beautiful” he yawned.

“Morning, John” I said before carrying on with what I was doing.

We stayed in silence after that, though that soon changed when Little John walked sleepily into the room, immediately hugging his father. I smiled at the picture in front of me.

John had to leave after breakfast, so it was just me and my baby boy for the rest of the day. We were sat on the couch watching some cartoon when John spoke up.

“I love daddy, mommy. Do you fink he will live wiv us?” he asked softly, his eyes never leaving the television screen.

I sighed, unsure how to answer his question. I mean what can I tell him? What if he changes his mind about wanting to be a family?

“I’m not sure, baby.” I replied.

He didn’t say anything after that, he just let out a simple sigh.

John

I left after breakfast, knowing I had to end it with Karen now that I had my family back. She was good for when I needed someone but now Chris can take back her place. That makes me sound like such a douche, but the truth is I was mess when I left them. I had to find someone to comfort me in the ways I needed and Karen was more than happy to do that. I just hope she will take it well… but deep down I know she won’t, she’s going to go ballistic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and Sweet. Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and commented :)